• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Well, here's something funny to cheer people up after Ubisoft made people be soft.

Nah, guy is all sad with his family but suddenly Shulk pops up and says “I’m really feeling!” Abrupt cut to Title with Xenoblade and Halo mashup music

D

Deleted member

They deleted the Twitter post.

Gamexplain has an 'image' of it in their video but it's blurry as hell.

It's 'real' suspicious that it got deleted after discrepancies were pointed out, ngl.
Alright. Suspicious or not, that's not evidence to me.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Well if someone fancies scanning /v/ it could well have been leaked there but you'd have to filter through about 32133412321 similarly fake-looking "leaks"

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, this is suspicious. Like, I'm going to normally take Sabi at her word about this. But why not just say you aren't sure of your sources now or you'd rather not leak it after talking with your sources?

You don't need to make up a lie here. It doesn't help anyone. You choose to leak. If you decide not to in the end, that's fair. There's probably more we're missing here, too.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Eh, why not.

I really have no idea if it’s real or fake, my thinking is that, potentially, Sabi got this from their actual source but is making it seem as if it is their own.

Or it could be bull**** altogether.

Basically the “lawyer” says to contact them at their email that is listed as “.com”, but on the same exact document, his signature says, “.ca”.

That seems like an incredibly odd mistake to make for somebody who likely sends emails like that regularly.

In addition, in a recent car accident, I was sent direct mailed paper from a lawyer. That doesn’t mean it’s like that here, but I feel as though an email is...weird.

Then you have the fact that Nintendo isn’t just “Nintendo”. It would be “Nintendo Co. Ltd”. This lawyer simply refers to them as “Nintendo”.

Inb4 somebody calls this lawyer and asks if this actually took place.

95756E8C-927E-4605-9917-13585E52247D.jpeg

D

Deleted member

Well if someone fancies scanning /v/ it could well have been leaked there but you'd have to filter through about 32133412321 similarly fake-looking "leaks"
Well I just saw a post saying the next character is the Prince from Katamari, so screencap this post just in case.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Honestly at this point, I rather the Direct not get leaked now.

We literally have less than a day to go, we've waited months for new Nintendo info and over half a year for our next Smash DLC character.

We can wait like... 18 hours more.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Regardless I still expect said Smash DLC character to be leaked before the actual direct. Whether tonight or before it tomorrow. These leaks always crack under Nintendo's radar no matter how many ninjas they send to make sure the info doesn't come out.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Someone turned a Promised Neverland panel into Spaghetti with a filter and I love it.
DBEDD059-D40A-435A-8C92-D56EE8AB1F3D.jpeg

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Then it might best to step away from the presentations or something, and go do something you enjoy. There's no point in getting involved in stuff that makes you upset.
There are only two left. Just maybe. Plus if Square shows ANYTHING about FFVIIr i’ll be happy.

But if they announce Mario Odyssey 2 or whatever I might physically rupture.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Actually I’m having one of those ****ty moments where my body forgets how to draw competently

So basically
shaggywheezermacaren.gif

y'all ain't gettin that picture

D

Deleted member

Eh, why not.

I really have no idea if it’s real or fake, my thinking is that, potentially, Sabi got this from their actual source but is making it seem as if it is their own.

Or it could be bull**** altogether.

Basically the “lawyer” says to contact them at their email that is listed as “.com”, but on the same exact document, his signature says, “.ca”.

That seems like an incredibly odd mistake to make for somebody who likely sends emails like that regularly.

In addition, in a recent car accident, I was sent direct mailed paper from a lawyer. That doesn’t mean it’s like that here, but I feel as though an email is...weird.

Then you have the fact that Nintendo isn’t just “Nintendo”. It would be “Nintendo Co. Ltd”. This lawyer simply refers to them as “Nintendo”.

Inb4 somebody calls this lawyer and asks if this actually took place.

View attachment 227058
That's interesting. Thanks for responding.

Could this be a fake email and Sabi caved in immediately? Using fake lawyers is an actual troll thing you can do to threaten people.

Known youtuber I Hate Everything got into a lot of drama over Cool Cat because he was getting emails threatening him with legal action over critique videos he made of the movie.

Last edited by a moderator:

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Plot Twist: The DLC character is leaked, but people don't believe it because it is not Banjo, Steve, or Erdrick. (It's another out-of-left-field Japanese third-party character like Joker).

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
"Hello, we'd like a million dollars for damages."
I am so confused on what is going on with Sabi, and Verge isn't saying anything and VRPlant is still somewhere in the dark and Reggie isn't coming back to Nintendo and Mother 3 will never come to America, and nobody else is backing up Banjo except for 2 people, one who has been 0-1 with Smash DLC, and...

Ugh

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
so sabi might be faking her c&d?

damn, you step away for two hours and the ceiling falls down

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Plot Twist: The DLC character is leaked, but people don't believe it because it is not Banjo, Steve, or Erdrick. (It's another out-of-left-field Japanese third-party character like Joker).
No. The DLC fighter will be Hotland from Undertale.

Papyrus is the stage.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah, this is suspicious. Like, I'm going to normally take Sabi at her word about this. But why not just say you aren't sure of your sources now or you'd rather not leak it after talking with your sources?

You don't need to make up a lie here. It doesn't help anyone. You choose to leak. If you decide not to in the end, that's fair. There's probably more we're missing here, too.
I heard Sabi seems to be addicted to the rush of attention, by making up a lie like that, people would understand why she wouldn't post anything, especially as Nintendo is involved so it's convincing they'd do that. By saying "Hey I might have been fed bull****" makes people go "Let's not pay her any attention as she's probably bull"

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
That fits more than it should.
Sad guy is sad over his family. Captain Falcon pops up and says “Show your moves!”

Sad guy is sad over his family. Mario jumps in and Jump Up Super Star starts playing with the whole band. Sad guy and Mario both jump up together.

Sad guy is sad. He looks over and sees a cardboard box. Continues being sad but is shocked when the box is lifted revealing Snake who says “You missed me?” Sad Guy has a shocked reaction.

Sad Guy is sad over his family.

Pit: Lady Palutena? Why is this guy sad?
Vitoria: Ummm Pit? Just look at him! He’s obviously in a state of mental tragedy!
Palutena: surmising from his photo, his family is either missing, dead, or not here.
Pit: I get that but there’s so much to be happy about! Especially when you are in space and has lasers! Pew Pew!
Viridi: In case you didn’t notice, the Halo exploded into a MILLION PIECES!!!
Pit: My Halo??! Phew! It’s still there.
Palutena: Let’s let sad guy be sad while you go battle that drifting inactive corpse over there.

Sad guy is sad over family. But Peach arrives cheer him up which works and he is happy. But then Bowser arrives and kidnaps Peach making Sad Guy even sadder.

I wish I could do more of these but I gotta get ready for work...

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
The Sabi saga shows how sometimes it's just better to dump a leak in 4Chan anonymously.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
This is why I prefer anonymous leakers - yeah, you've got no previous rep to judge them by, but you don't have to deal with any of this drama

D

Deleted member

Can't wait until literally 5 minutes before the direct vrplant just says 'goku is in'.

D

Deleted member

Man this era of Smash speculation has taken some really wierd-ass turns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom