• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Because there was like, nothing that excited me. Almost nothing in the genres I like, and they continue to pretend like Rare doesn’t exist.

Sure we SAW battletoads and psychonauts, but those were games we already knew about. You can’t give that to them.
First of all those games hadn't been shown yet so seeing gameplay for the first time is something we can give them.

Second, it's ok if it didn't appeal to you but don't say **** like this
They're all super edgey serious film esque shooters.
That is flatout NOT true with
Elden Ring, Ori, LEGO Star Wars, LEGO Forza, Tales of Arise, Star Wars, Bleeding Edge, Legend of Wright, Battletoads, Minecraft Dungeons, Psychonauts 2, Phantasy Star Online and more that I got tired writing down. It's ok to not like it but don't make excuses, only makes you look dishonest as hell

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That's your opinion. From a mostly(cannot stress this enough) objective standpoint, Xbox did the best, with lots of big name announcments, a new console, a cheap way to get games, and some other tidbits.

The others, while varied, mostly boil down to: "big game here! And here!" And not much else.
Microsoft had the most potential compared to Ubisoft and Bethesda. So to see that potential completely wasted is disappointing.

But whatever I guess. It was great! Yay! I’m so happy with everything I saw! Let’s move on.

D

Deleted member

Apparently and this beehive is this trade show called Bee Three where three bees show off their crafted footwear.

I might just have to attend this show next year.

But why are you guys talking games and not bee-made footwear?? :scratches head:
I know, this thread's priorities are unbee-lievable.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
First of all those games hadn't been shown yet so seeing gameplay for the first time is something we can give them.

Second, it's ok if it didn't appeal to you but don't say **** like this

That is flatout NOT true with
Elden Ring, Ori, LEGO Star Wars, LEGO Forza, Tales of Arise, Star Wars, Bleeding Edge, Legend of Wright, Battletoads, Minecraft Dungeons, Psychonauts 2, Phantasy Star Online and more that I got tired writing down. It's ok to not like it but don't make excuses, only makes you look dishonest as hell
Of that list only ori, psychonauts 2 and maybe tales of arise interest me.

And i want all of them on my switch.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Microsoft had the most potential compared to Ubisoft and Bethesda. So to see that potential completely wasted is disappointing.

But whatever I guess. It was great! Yay! I’m so happy with everything I saw! Let’s move on.
Just because YOU didn't like anything doesn't mean it's bad.

Anyways, moving on.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Apparently and this beehive is this trade show called Bee Three where three bees show off their crafted footwear.

I might just have to attend this show next year.

But why are you guys talking games and not bee-made footwear?? :scratches head:
The three bees gotta make some games for us first:026:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Microsoft was a pretty good conference. I mean, it had a crapload of variety. It wasn't focused on one genre whatsoever. I was hoping for a BK revival, though.

Ubisoft had one really damn good game, and the rest was kind of ehhhhhh.

Betheseda was similar to Ubisoft, though it had some nice variety too. Doom was the only thing that stoodout to me specifically, but the trailers for the many games were fun.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master

Bethesda. Hahahhaha. They are a joke now. I wish they would change direction. Such a good company fallen into waste.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
There's one person I really miss at E3: KazHiraiCEO. He would have a glorious field day with the whole leaker saga and general lackluster nature (IMO) of the presentations so far.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I wonder what it would be like if Nintendo were to make a super serious realistic shooter.

Like, even despite the realism, there’d be something different about their approach, wouldn’t there, even if just due to cultural differences?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Microsoft's conference was solid, its biggest issue was the lack of actual gameplay in most of the trailers and not necessarily the games themselves imo, but I hope it's not going to be E3's best, in that case it'll have been a little lackluster overall. I don't think we're at a point where Nintendo have to 'save' E3, but it'll have been a fairly forgettable year if they don't show up with some good stuff.

D

Deleted member

There's one person I really miss at E3: KazHiraiCEO. He would have a glorious field day with the whole leaker saga and general lackluster nature (IMO) of the presentations so far.

I know, I'm gonna miss his posts.
Left us with a goddamn bang though.

D

Deleted member

I think I'll skip Square's confrence. Not a fan of their franchises except KH. Will keep an eye on this thread though.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I wonder what it would be like if Nintendo were to make a super serious realistic shooter.

Like, even despite the realism, there’d be something different about their approach, wouldn’t there, even if just due to cultural differences?
I imagine so. that would definitely be out of there comfort zone, but it would be a fresh perspective on the genre. And as we know, Nintendo is not a company to follow past trends immediately, for better or worse.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ubisoft gets a 3/10. That was actually lame.

Because there was like, nothing that excited me. Almost nothing in the genres I like, and they continue to pretend like Rare doesn’t exist.

Sure we SAW battletoads and psychonauts, but those were games we already knew about. You can’t give that to them.
Dude, Battletoads didn't have any actual footage until this year. And it IS a Rare IP. They didn't pretend Rare doesn't exist.

I don't mean to be blunt, but it's still just videogames, it's not the end of the world if you don't get the titles you want. I haven't exactly seen much for me either because I also like Platformers, Action games and fighting games. I would have been ecstatic if KI4 got announced, but it didn't happen. Or for Blazing Chrome to get more than 1/2 a second of screen time over State of Decay: the world's most boring game. No need to mope about it and move on.

"We take those!" Can't always be about the W's. Sometimes it's L's.

We still got a couple presentations left to go, so you never know, we might get something you'll like.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Microsoft's conference was solid, its biggest issue was the lack of actual gameplay in most of the trailers and not necessarily the games themselves imo, but I hope it's not going to be E3's best, in that case it'll have been a little lackluster overall. I don't think we're at a point where Nintendo have to 'save' E3, but it'll have been a fairly forgettable year if they don't show up with some good stuff.
It feels more like they were showing us, “Here’s a cinematic trailer!” then showing little to no actually gameplay.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130

That Nintendo description is so accurate it hurts

Noipoi

Howdy!
I may or may not be doodling something about E3

I’ve got Pokémon, Animal Crossing, Mario Maker, Luigi’s Mansion, Three Houses, Link’s Awakening, and Smash.

What else should I add?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Nintendo works best with their quirky cartoonish franchises and a few realistic fantasy games sprinkled here and there.

I won't rule out the possibility of it ever happening, but I think Splatoon is the closest we'll ever get to that. And that's okay, because it's a good franchise.

D

Deleted member

Last Tuesday, before the C&D, Sabi posted two pics of a bear and a witch. While not officially said, it's implied she received these pics from a dude named Santiago. I don't know who that is, but what are y'all's thoughts on the matter? Last time this happened, some interesting stuff happened with Link's Awakening

E: Sorry mods

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Microsoft's conference was good, it just didn't have much for me specifically. I'm very excited for Tales, Elden Ring, Ori, and a few others that I'm forgetting (I'd say Borderlands but we have a ****ton of gameplay for that already and the BL2 expansion leaked on Steam beforehand) but I've never been big on Gears, Halo, PSO, etc. They're big announcements, absolutely, just not for me. Bethesda had Doom and that's really all I need.
I tuned out for the Ubi conference but it sounds like I didn't miss much

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Nintendo works best with their quirky cartoonish franchises and a few realistic fantasy games sprinkled here and there.

I won't rule out the possibility of it ever happening, but I think Splatoon is the closest we'll ever get to that. And that's okay, because it's a good franchise.
I know, I didn’t say it was likely in the slightest, I was just wondering about how it’d be different from Western realistic shooter games if, for whatever reason, they did decide to try it.

D

Deleted member

I’ve got Pokémon, Animal Crossing, Mario Maker, Luigi’s Mansion, Three Houses, Link’s Awakening, and Smash.

What else should I add?
Yes, all of these are great!
You get my thumbs up of approval.
Edit: If I had to add one... The FF7 Remaster.

D

Deleted member

What else should I add?
Oh, hey Noipoi! Long time no see. This sounds cheesey, but I’ve kinda missed you.

How about adding the LEGO car DLC for... That game. lol I don’t know if this is primarily Nintendo or not, though.

D

Deleted member

What else should I add?
Tom Clancy.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Aside from bee puns and me being an idiot for hilarity’s sake....

Bethesda. Hahahhaha. They are a joke now. I wish they would change direction. Such a good company fallen into waste.
I agree. I’ve been a Bethesda bro since like, Daggerfall, and played most Bethesda IPs. They have good solid games that appeals to my love of explorations and lore within games. But Bethesda has went from being a studio who produces bug-ridden but fun and quality games to being a studio who produces big-ridden and sometimes fun games that have dipped in quality with an underlying layer of trying to bolster their company image in a feel-good type of way.

To be honest, their entire presentation made me cringe in not a good way. The interviews, the presenters, really bad and unfunny puns and jokes, and more just made me cringe. I get why they represent what they want to represent and I respect them for that but their presentation had so much feel-good filler that wasn’t needed. I’m not interested in hearing how a Bethesda game pulled someone out of a dark place. I’m not going around singing praises for Harvest Moon for a getting me out a dark time when my friend died in a car crash (except now when I just did). I had zero interest in hearing about people’s experiences with Bethesda. It took away from what I tuned in to watch: games. Which were lackluster save for a few like Doom and TESO. And I get killing nazi’s is fun and a meme but it’s been overdone in that department. Wolfenstein is fine in my book but they need a way to advertise it without “killing nazi’s Is fun!!!!!” way they have been doing it cause it just gets stale.

Also, there wasn’t any TES6. I want TES6. I need it. Skyrim and Oblivion are barrels of fun but I need a new adventure. And I really wanna see some Sloads.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Last Tuesday, before the C&D, Sabi posted two pics of a bear and a witch. While not officially said, it's implied she received these pics from a dude named Santiago. I don't know who that is, but what are y'all's thoughts on the matter? Last time this happened, some interesting stuff happened with Link's Awakening

Someone posted evidence Sabi may have faked the Cease and Desist due to inconsistencies with the email she shared and official emails

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom