• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm actually glad there's no signs of a leak. More rewarding that way.

I'm more worried about not waking up before the show starts.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
so sabi might be faking her c&d?

damn, you step away for two hours and the ceiling falls down
Were you not here last night when I called the c and d bull**** right away and the scoliosis Jones agreed. Although props to him for investigating it more.

It’s pretty clear sabi just didn’t have info so they tried to be creative

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I heard Sabi seems to be addicted to the rush of attention, by making up a lie like that, people would understand why she wouldn't post anything, especially as Nintendo is involved so it's convincing they'd do that. By saying "Hey I might have been fed bull****" makes people go "Let's not pay her any attention as she's probably bull"
yeah, she's definitely an attention hound. Just look at her twitter right now, all she's talking about is how much she's gotten right, acting like her leaks are something more than just hype killers.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
You know, regardless who we get in, I’m just excited to see Smash content. I never played Persona 5 and didn’t know who Joker was until he was shown but I still got hyped and loved seeing how much detail and love went into representing the franchise in a Smash. I just hope the same amount of love and detail is put into the next DLC character. Of course, I have particular favorites I want to see get in but I’m happy with just about anyone.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
You know, regardless who we get in, I’m just excited to see Smash content. I never played Persona 5 and didn’t know who Joker was until he was shown but I still got hyped and loved seeing how much detail and love went into representing the franchise in a Smash. I just hope the same amount of love and detail is put into the next DLC character. Of course, I have particular favorites I want to see get in but I’m happy with just about anyone.
Same here as long as someone out there likes the new fighters that’s enough for me.

Also, I didn’t know anything about Persona 5 either. I watched a Let’s Play and it is actually incredible. You should check it out.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I wasn't spoiled at all for the past Nintendo E3s for several years, and I'm not planning on failing now.

Also, hopefully they announce SNES games for the online service.
Bruce Willis was dead all along

Oops wrong spoiler...

D

Deleted member

Something I saw proposed for Erdrick would be for text boxes to appear on his specials and for rpg damage counters to appear when he hits with a strong attack. It would be a really small but cool way of paying homage to Dragon Quest's legacy of rpgs.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Something I saw proposed for Erdrick would be for text boxes to appear on his specials and for rpg damage counters to appear when he hits with a strong attack. It would be a really small but cool way of paying homage to Dragon Quest's legacy of rpgs.
I would love to see that.

I don’t get why everyone puts hate on a DQ rep. Maybe cause of swordies or something but I am hyped to see DQ representation in Smash and I never even played the more recent games. Last game I was played was the first one back when I was like a second or third grader lol. But I still would love to see what they do with DQ.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
This recent Sabi nonsense aside, i’ve been told they have gotten stuff wrong in the past anyway, and effectively try to force themselves into leaks so that they get credit. In other words: not really worth following anyway.

If there weren’t any C&Ds passed out, I had to wonder if the Plant is going to strike again.

I would assume yes, but time will tell.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I don’t get why everyone puts hate on a DQ rep. Maybe cause of swordies or something but I am hyped to see DQ representation in Smash and I never even played the more recent games. Last game I was played was the first one back when I was like a second or third grader lol. But I still would love to see what they do with DQ.
"WHAAAA NOT THE CHARACTER I WANT" is most of it alongside Smash fans going "I'm not racist but **** what Japan does for it's RPGs"

Shroob

Sup?
So, who wants to start the ritual to summon the Plant?

We need a virgin sacrifice, which probably is most of you so that'll be easy enough.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
damn, sabi really going all in on the "b-but look, everything else i leaked was so so accurate guys ;)" thing huh

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Something something "Anime swordsman" something something "I don't like this character, so it's ****" something something "It's not insert character" something something .

So... something like that.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
"WHAAAA NOT THE CHARACTER I WANT" is most of it alongside Smash fans going "I'm not racist but **** what Japan does for it's RPGs"
Eh I don’t get it. But I’m pretty happy to be pleased so maybe it’s just that. I am happy to get a bag of potato chips for my birthday. Which I did get. And I was happy.

(And my triad against Bethesda withstanding, I still like the studio and excited about their games.)

But that mentality you described does boil down to most of the community.

Aside from that, I totally forgot to talk about my experience yesterday. I was chatting at lunch with some of my 9th grade students about Smash DLC (a bit of English but mostly in Japanese) and who they want to see. Of the five boys, two said a DQ character, another said a Fortnite character, and the other didn’t know.

I asked if they wanted Steve but they were a bit aloof about it. One boy thought Steve sounded fun though. I asked about Banjo and it was a literal “Who?” So I showed some gameplay videos and they were still a bit like “Maybe he would be fun but we have no idea who he is.”

Mind you this is ritual Japan and five 9th graders so it probably doesn’t represent the Japanese Smash mindset fully.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Watch the DLC character announced ends up being either Phoenix Wright, Frisk or Ryu Hayabusa.

Betch y'all never would had seen that coming!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Eh, we've got literally 63240 seconds left until E3, no point fretting over Wackety Sabity drama.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm trying not to expect any specific characters tomorrow but it's hard to get Banjo out of my head now.

The wait is killing me! :c

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm preparing for the inevitable disappointment. It mostly ends up that way anyways. Get hyped for something you expect then doesn't happen.

Keeping expectations low because I don't want to go through that again.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Who ever is revealed tomorrow, here's some generic phrases that are bound to be thrown out:
"Literally Who?"
"Nobody wanted this!"
"MORE Anime swordfighters?!"
"S A K U R A I P I C K"
"I hate when they ignore the fans and decide to just promote new releases"
"HE'S SO OP!"
"Wow, Sakurai made him so OP so people would buy him"
"I hope Sakurai steps down so we can get what the fans REALLY want"
"Where's Geno?"

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
McDonalds lives to screw me and my order over.
I've grown to detest McDonald's over the past few years. It doesn't help that I wasted a summer there working part-time.

The one closest to me has given me mixed performances on service, and their food is very hit or miss from my experience. I'll take them over KFC, but other than that...they're low on my fast food tier list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom