• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Nope keeping expectations low. More often then not as it turns out to be true ends in disappointment.

Remember we should have learned from the Grinch leak.
Yeah, I know. I'm not sure where to stand with this given all the evidence people are bringing together, so I'll try to be cautious like you are.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Totally, between that, the PS4 trailer, the P5S livestream, and the glorious sound of Rob Paulsen singing a duet with himself, I'm pumped to start the day.

Plenty of badass women to call for, but not enough PoC. Problem is, I can't even think of a good addition. There really isn't anyone from a first party series that's important enough, and sadly there just aren't many PoC Protags.
There's Elma from Xenoblade Chronicles X, who seems to be the face of that game if Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is any indication. (I haven't gotten far into Xenoblade Chronicles X, but I assume she remains important to the story throughout the game)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Some people just want characters they can relate to

it's completely acceptable of a reason for wanting a character.

It's pretty similar to wanting a character solely because you enjoyed their game or series

it's called resonating
Pretty much this.

I mean there's a reason why I pick Pinkling as choice of alt for Inkling, and it's a little more than having the best design.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, it is really acceptable and good to want characters you can relate or aspire to be like.

My favourite characters in Smash (:ultsamus: and Eight) for example are characters who really come out of their way to help other people they meet with in their adventures and end up in great ways by doing soand tend to explore a lot (Samus helps the Luminoth in Prime 2 and that way prevents a key race involved with the Chozos from extinction and saves the animals from Zebes in Super Metroid who later prevent her death in Fusion. Meanwhile Eight meets a lot of people on his adventures who he helps deal with problems such as deaths or even dramas inside their places of living as in the case of Angelo).

I want to be like them, because they represent everything I want to be in the future: people who explore and definitely make everything around them better for the rest of the world.

That's the magic of videogames: we can find characters who we either aspire to be like or see ourselves reflected in.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Oh yeah. This one isn't going to smooth over anytime soon.

Its literally a penguin with a frozen head. I'm out of here.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I don’t wanna get my hopes up but like these two being our next two fighters would be so perfect.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I love my lil black villager girl. But I dont pick her just because she is black and a chick. I pick her because shes Villager but I may be an odd one for that
I mained this color even back in Smash 4 when she was light skinned (technically she was in the early Smash Ultimate E3 demo build, too).

It being one of the 2 that got changed is pure chance, but I see it as a bonus that made me like it even more.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
This would also confirm spirits don’t deconfirm fighters and I’m not crazy after all.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Im.
I mained this color even back in Smash 4 when she was light skinned (technically she was in the early Smash Ultimate E3 demo build, too).

It being one of the 2 that got changed is pure chance, but I see it as a bonus that made me like it even more.
yeah it was pretty cool to see it change like that. Tho I mained Turnip so much in 4 that I felt guilty for dropping her like a hot potato so fast lol

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Wouldn't it be hilarious if real this is all we got?

When Sakurai said we'd be getting more DLC he meant just one more which was Geno. :troll:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I somehow read out your highlighted text as 'Salamander Derp Plane' lol. I like it; great idea basing it on a Stealth Bomber, but it is a bit derpy looking. Give it a unique move called Dragon Missile, though, and all is forgiven

EDIT: Didn't realize I was responding to something from 10 pages back. I only log in once or twice a day ans post a bit, so the alert is like 15 pages old whenever I pop on in each time.
If it helps, it's part Ghost apparently, which might explain the sort of ethereal nature of its body. True to the nature of the franchise, its Stealth Bomber design isn't just a reference to how covert the planes are, but the idea that ghosts can fly by without notice... like Stealth Bombers.

I think it's hilarious and I love it for that reason. The sheer absurdity has me wondering why it even exists in-universe.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Bro idk how you think this works but uhhh, you don’t just decide that things aren’t important to minorities who want representation
What I mean by "doesn't matter" is that, while yes, having more female/POC would be nice, what gender/skin any given character has isn't really a big deal(outside of plot relevant stuff, for example a POC in early 1900's America)

although it may be a good idea if we drop this, in all honesty. Don't want to get hit with the ban hammer(again)

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So now that we know the full Dex...yeah, I'm waiting for an updated version before even considering buying the game.

I love pretty much all the new Pokémon, but not a single one makes up for the lack of Sawsbuck and Klefki. They cut roughly 500 Pokémon.

And the kicker? The regional Dex is smaller than the Kalos regional Dex. X and Y required them to move from sprites to 3D models so developer difficulty literally isn't an excuse.

Oh, and unlike literally any of the 3DS games, there's apparently no post game story like the Looker Bureau, Delta Episode, UB Missions, or Rainbow Rocket. Just the token Battle Tower and some rematches, apparently.

The game literally has less content than X and Y, the game that is infamous for its lack of content.

D

Deleted member

So now that we know the full Dex...yeah, I'm waiting for an updated version before even considering buying the game.

I love pretty much all the new Pokémon, but not a single one makes up for the lack of Sawsbuck and Klefki. They cut roughly 500 Pokémon.

And the kicker? The regional Dex is smaller than the Kalos regional Dex. X and Y required them to move from sprites to 3D models so developer difficulty literally isn't an excuse.

Oh, and unlike literally any of the 3DS games, there's apparently no post game story like the Looker Bureau, Delta Episode, UB Missions, or Rainbow Rocket. Just the token Battle Tower and some rematches, apparently.

The game literally has less content than X and Y, the game that is infamous for its lack of content.
Yeah, the lack of Zoroark and postgame really frustrates me.

D

Deleted member

If it helps, it's part Ghost apparently, which might explain the sort of ethereal nature of its body. True to the nature of the franchise, its Stealth Bomber design isn't just a reference to how covert the planes are, but the idea that ghosts can fly by without notice... like Stealth Bombers.

I think it's hilarious and I love it for that reason. The sheer absurdity has me wondering why it even exists in-universe.
Yeah, that's why I liked it; I thought it was clever. it's just the design of the upper portion looks so...odd lol. I don't hate it; I just need to see it in game; like some of the others which looked better when you saw some artwork for them. As for the other one you posted; gonna have to agree with the user you qouted. That one is just awful. It's likely an ability that shifts it from one to the other, but still. Boo.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Not to come across as wishful thinking, but we don't know if that's all of the postgame content. All we know is what the leaker brought up.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
What I mean by "doesn't matter" is that, while yes, having more female/POC would be nice, what gender/skin any given character has isn't really a big deal(outside of plot relevant stuff, for example a POC in early 1900's America)
...it kinda is important, though. Representation in things (especially in nerd hobbies, holy Christ) is cool and necessary. But this is starting to go wayyyyyyyyy outside the scope of this thread. I suggest you drop it right here and talk to these folks in DMs about it, yeah?

Edit: Hopefully with civility and an open mind, because like...yeah. Well-wishing.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
It's not a big deal to you
But it's absolutely a big deal to a large chunk of the people being repped that otherwise haven't been

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom