• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

...it kinda is important, though. Representation in things (especially in nerd hobbies, holy Christ) is cool and necessary. But this is starting to go wayyyyyyyyy outside the scope of this thread. I suggest you drop it right here and talk to these folks in DMs about it, yeah?

Smooth Criminal
You didn't see my edit, did you

Also, while I do agree it's somewhat important, It's not so important you only want POC/Females as DLC(that's what I've been trying to say the entire time)

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm going out to get some stuff done. I'll be back later.

Also good way to help me settle down.

See you all later, eh.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
So now that we know the full Dex...yeah, I'm waiting for an updated version before even considering buying the game.

I love pretty much all the new Pokémon, but not a single one makes up for the lack of Sawsbuck and Klefki. They cut roughly 500 Pokémon.

And the kicker? The regional Dex is smaller than the Kalos regional Dex. X and Y required them to move from sprites to 3D models so developer difficulty literally isn't an excuse.

Oh, and unlike literally any of the 3DS games, there's apparently no post game story like the Looker Bureau, Delta Episode, UB Missions, or Rainbow Rocket. Just the token Battle Tower and some rematches, apparently.

The game literally has less content than X and Y, the game that is infamous for its lack of content.
Wait, so that's it? All Pokemon are finally confirmed? Shame... I was excited about the possibility of more.

I've humored the idea of getting the games lately just to have people to play with, but as I've told some friends, the only reason I would ever pick them up is to play with them. I'm not interested in getting Sword or Shield otherwise, and a third version seems inevitable anyway. For what it's worth, the holidays are coming up and I'm saving up for Secret Santa gifts. It's probably in my best interest to skip out. For now anyway... I am sorry for your loss, Opo.

Yeah, that's why I liked it; I thought it was clever. it's just the design of the upper portion looks so...odd lol. I don't hate it; I just need to see it in game; like some of the others which looked better when you saw some artwork for them. As for the other one you posted; gonna have to agree with the user you qouted. That one is just awful. It's likely an ability that shifts it from one to the other, but still. Boo.
Fair. To each their own. At the very least, it isn't blind hatred or anything. Some designs resonate with others.

I adore Flapple, but hate its evolution Appletun. It goes from being a Wyrm in an apple joke to another Dragon Tales™ design that loses the aesthetic and charm of its pre-evo.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I imagine Noipoi coming out of the leak bunker the same way Darth Vader entered the Tantine IV in A New Hope.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
guys, i've got some bad news about challenger pack 4

fatal fury came out 28 years ago

1572883553135.png

terry bogard is dead

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So now that we know the full Dex...yeah, I'm waiting for an updated version before even considering buying the game.

I love pretty much all the new Pokémon, but not a single one makes up for the lack of Sawsbuck and Klefki. They cut roughly 500 Pokémon.

And the kicker? The regional Dex is smaller than the Kalos regional Dex. X and Y required them to move from sprites to 3D models so developer difficulty literally isn't an excuse.

Oh, and unlike literally any of the 3DS games, there's apparently no post game story like the Looker Bureau, Delta Episode, UB Missions, or Rainbow Rocket. Just the token Battle Tower and some rematches, apparently.

The game literally has less content than X and Y, the game that is infamous for its lack of content.
Literally only 1 of my top 10 Pokémon made it in (Hitmonlee), I honest to god thought ones like Venusaur, Jigglypuff, and Garchomp were locks, but I suppose I would have thought twice had I known they'd have cut it all the way down to 400. I initially didn't really care much about Dexit tbh, but seeing which Pokémon did and didn't make it had a much bigger impact on me than I expected.

I don't even like the new Pokémon either, I don't know what the hell has happened with their design philosophy, but almost every Pokémon seems to suffer from weird proportions, forced gimmicks, wacky eye designs or messy color palettes. That combined with the lack of exciting new features and failing to break the series' norm just gives me no reason to even consider the game, the Wild Area is the one interesting thing about it at all, but that's not worth a purchase alone. It honestly feels like Pokémon's jumping the shark moment to me.

Last edited:

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
I do like a lot of those designs, but the apparent lack of content cemented my decision to just skip it. It’s strange, years ago the idea of a console Pokemon game seemed like a pipe dream, yet now that we’re here it’s arguably one of the biggest controversies regarding the franchise in years.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
ok. I want someone to save this. My no-where prediction a while ago was for there to be some sort of Smash Presentation in November with Terry's gameplay trailer, crashed by a Tekken character who is challenger 5. We would then get a trailer for Geno as a bonus fighter ala :ultpiranha: and then DoomSlayer as Fighter 2-1, either reveled in that presentation or at the Game Awards.

If this happens, I want some sort of prize.

D

Deleted member

ok. I want someone to save this. My no-where prediction a while ago was for there to be some sort of Smash Presentation in November with Terry's gameplay trailer, crashed by a Tekken character who is challenger 5. We would then get a trailer for Geno as a bonus fighter ala :ultpiranha: and then DoomSlayer as Fighter 2-1, either reveled in that presentation or at the Game Awards.

If this happens, I want some sort of prize.
Pretty unlikely if the mii leak is true, but I'll write this down for future use ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Yeah. This game was rushed. Super rushed.

no freakin Mewtwo? That’s just.... a crime. And no Gengar either? Jesus ****ing Christ.

What was this Mii costume leak? I was asleep while it happened.
Wait what the **** no

Alakazam or GENGAR?

GENGAR?

BRUH

****ING GENGAR
The Gastly line is in, and so Gengar is too. It already appeared in an official video, and it’s in the dex list.

Don’t take my shadow boi from me.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Heeeeeyyyyy quick question for those here who follow the Pokemon SwSh leaks.

I've been avoiding them completely ever since they happened, buuuuuuuuut there is only one thing I would like to know, if anyone could answer it...

...Did Lilligant make the cut for the Gallar dex? Just a simple yes or no from anyone here who might know would be great.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
That's OK. Sakurai brought him back from the dead. You've heard of Terry Bogard. Now get ready for...

Terry BOOgard
Ghost Terry.

Haunting you until you feel O-KAY.:ultness:

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Heeeeeyyyyy quick question for those here who follow the Pokemon SwSh leaks.

I've been avoiding them completely ever since they happened, buuuuuuuuut there is only one thing I would like to know, if anyone could answer it...

...Did Lilligant make the cut for the Gallar dex? Just a simple yes or no from anyone here who might know would be great.
it didn't

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The Gastly line is in, and so Gengar is too. It already appeared in an official video, and it’s in the dex list.

Don’t take my shadow boi from me.
So then, that leaked pokemon list just... isn't complete?
Either way, there's still no Mewtwo
I'm still intending on running it sometime today.

Probably gonna start it either this evening or around lunch time (by which I mean 12:00 PM PST).
Can't wait! Make sure to tag me!

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'm still intending on running it sometime today.

Probably gonna start it either this evening or around lunch time (by which I mean 12:00 PM PST).
tbh, 12:00 PM PST would work best for me, as I'm working super late tonight, on top of the fact I'm in the EST zone (3 hours ahead) so I'd probably won't be present if you start it tonight

do whatever you want, tho

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I just found out that the Fennekin line didn't make the cut
My new dream is to give Masuda one hundred kicks in the nuts

D

Deleted member

*Stardust Crusaders theme intensifies*

ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ゴゴゴゴ

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
tbf it was unlikely that most of the starters were coming back anyway, even if it sucks that Charizard gets special treatment

D

Deleted member

Wait, so that's it? All Pokemon are finally confirmed? Shame... I was excited about the possibility of more.

I've humored the idea of getting the games lately just to have people to play with, but as I've told some friends, the only reason I would ever pick them up is to play with them. I'm not interested in getting Sword or Shield otherwise, and a third version seems inevitable anyway. For what it's worth, the holidays are coming up and I'm saving up for Secret Santa gifts. It's probably in my best interest to skip out. For now anyway... I am sorry for your loss, Opo.

Fair. To each their own. At the very least, it isn't blind hatred or anything. Some designs resonate with others.

I adore Flapple, but hate its evolution Appletun. It goes from being a Wyrm in an apple joke to another Dragon Tales™ design that loses the aesthetic and charm of its pre-evo.
About that...

It's actually a Split Evo based on version. Sword exclusive is Flapple while the Shield exclusive evo is Appletun, so if you've got Sword, you don't need to worry about losing your Flapple at all.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
For anyone who wants to have a complete roundup of all of the new Pokemon in SwSh, here you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom