• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

It's easy to say gender and race don't matter when you already see yourself well-represented.
Smash's female fighters are a fraction of its total roster so you can't blame people for wanting to see more, especially when there are plenty of options to choose from that are just as interesting, if not more, than male characters.
And then we have a total of... 1 PoC character and it's... Ganondorf... which is uhm, yeah

D

Deleted member

It's easy to say gender and race don't matter when you already see yourself well-represented.
Smash's female fighters are a fraction of its total roster so you can't blame people for wanting to see more, especially when there are plenty of options to choose from that are just as interesting, if not more, than male characters.
And then we have a total of... 1 PoC character and it's... Ganondorf... which is uhm, yeah
Honestly, the amount of POC and female/males is something I don't care about.

It's just not that big of a deal to me(and this is coming from someone who likes odd and weird designs, see Game and Watch or ROB) but it's an non-issue.
It's not like nintendo has a "add this many POC and Female characters" quota, so, again, it's a non-issue.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
D

Deleted member

It's just not that big of a deal to me(and this is coming from someone who likes odd and weird designs, see Game and Watch or ROB) but it's an non-issue.
It's not like nintendo has a "add this many POC and Female characters" quota, so, again, it's a non-issue.
Did I ask for your opinion?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Also if this is real why pass up the opportunity to not use Terry but rather Ken? AT that point that person would have to have access to the character.

More the reason to be more wary about it...

D

Deleted member

Also if this is real why pass up the opportunity to not use Terry but rather Ken? AT that point that person would have to have access to the character.

More the reason to be more wary about it...
Wouldn't it also be possible that Terry is unplayable atm, but in the final stages?(I.E everything but the model+animations is done)

Last edited by a moderator:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master

Okay so first of all, it doesn’t really matter if you don’t care about representation.
Secondly, why are you referring to “odd and weird designs” when referring to POC or women characters?? How the **** is that relevant?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Holy ****, this new ad Playstation released made me nostalgic about the launch trailer one for the system which had the whole deal about a Crash sign easter egg:

D

Deleted member

Except you'd think these costumes would come with him no?
Well yeah, but the thing is, it wouldn't be impossible for Nintendo to do the models+animations of Terry last.
It's not uncommon for game devs to do the coding and testing without models, and rig everything right before it goes live.
This is coming from someone who is currently studying programming and game design, btw.

This, of course, is a non-issue in 2d/non-3d games, but this is Smash we're talking about.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Holy ****, this new ad Playstation released made me nostalgic about the launch trailer one for the system which had the whole deal about a Crash sign easter egg:

Like yeah, this ad's amazing. A big standout from some of their other ads for me.

D

Deleted member

Okay so first of all, it doesn’t really matter if you don’t care about representation.
Secondly, why are you referring to “odd and weird designs” when referring to POC or women characters?? How the **** is that relevant?
What I was trying to say,(although I do admit I was a bit rude about it)
Was that the amount of female/male/POC in Smash doesn't matter. Sure it would be nice to have a few more, but in the grand scheme of things, it's not really that important.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Is anyone else getting weirdly pumped up from the occurence of the new "leak"? Like, I just felt a big rush of energy from the long wait of Banjo & Kazooie's release to right now, guess that's pretty typical for Smash speculation.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Tbh, I can't blame Smash for not having many PoC characters considering that the majority of legacy characters are either animals, or white males from like the 80s, when diveristy wasn't as important. And tbh, we still have problems of generic white male with a gun games. It's getting better though.

Also, we do have darker skin alts for Inkling, Pokemon Trainer, and Villager (for tge last two, tgose were added in because they weren't present in earlier builds, or previous games). I mean, it may not count, but I'll take what I can get.

D

Deleted member

Pretty much how I feel right now:
(excuse the ****ty cropping, I'm not that good at it)
download.png

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Is anyone else getting weirdly pumped up from the occurence of the new "leak"? Like, I just felt a rush in energy from the long wait from Banjo's release to now, guess that's pretty typical for Smash speculation.
Nope keeping expectations low. More often then not as it turns out to be true ends in disappointment.

Remember we should have learned from the Grinch leak.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I think if there is anything to doubt about the leak, I think its very existence is the only thing that can be questioned. What I mean is that it's odd that somehow the type of person to take a video from inside the studio and post it is still among the developers left on the project of Smash DLC. I imagine that the DLC development team is much tighter than the base game development team, and it would consist of far more trustworthy fellows, so for someone who wouldn't care about their job like that to still be among these people is a little hard to believe. I feel as if this is the only evidence against the leak that isn't circumstantial. That said, I think it is real, but we'll see.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Is anyone else getting weirdly pumped up from the occurence of the new "leak"? Like, I just felt a rush in energy from the long wait from Banjo's release to now, guess that's pretty typical for Smash speculation.
Totally, between that, the PS4 trailer, the P5S livestream, and the glorious sound of Rob Paulsen singing a duet with himself, I'm pumped to start the day.
Tbh, I can't blame Smash for not having many PoC characters considering that the majority of legacy characters are either animals, or white males from like the 80s, when diveristy wasn't as important. And tbh, we still have problems of generic white male with a gun games. It's getting better though.

Also, we do have darker skin alts for Inkling, Pokemon Trainer, and Villager (for tge last two, tgose were added in because they weren't present in earlier builds, or previous games). I mean, it may not count, but I'll take what I can get.
Plenty of badass women to call for, but not enough PoC. Problem is, I can't even think of a good addition. There really isn't anyone from a first party series that's important enough, and sadly there just aren't many PoC Protags.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Was that the amount of female/male/POC in Smash doesn't matter. Sure it would be nice to have a few more, but in the grand scheme of things, it's not really that important.
Bro idk how you think this works but uhhh, you don’t just decide that things aren’t important to minorities who want representation

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Some people just want characters they can relate to, and that's completely acceptable

It's pretty similar to wanting a character solely because you enjoyed their game or series

it's called resonating

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The salamanderplane, right? I dig it. It's goofy yet cool. I honestly can't describe it in any other way.

Look at it this way...

The lower-halves don't have a mind of their own. They're basically loan parts. If anything, the real tragedy is that their head components are not around, so they never get to see the light of day. Literally.
I somehow read out your highlighted text as 'Salamander Derp Plane' lol. I like it; great idea basing it on a Stealth Bomber, but it is a bit derpy looking. Give it a unique move called Dragon Missile, though, and all is forgiven

EDIT: Didn't realize I was responding to something from 10 pages back. I only log in once or twice a day ans post a bit, so the alert is like 15 pages old whenever I pop on in each time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom