• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

You use the internet to vent from IRL problems and dramas, right?

Basically the same for me. I tend to go to the internet most of the time in order to vent because my relationship with my parents right now is kinda shaky.

I suggest to do what I did, and open a PM chat with the people from the site who you really feel safe venting IRL problems with. Doing that really helped me a lot at the time of dealing with real life problems.
Like...you?

osby

Smash Obsessed
I know, I know, I know. I just wanted a true female but Smash won't give it to me. And I feel that we as women are left out. It's like they don't want us.
Smash has numerous girls and women in the base roster. Just because they are a minority or not in DLC doesn't mean they're unwanted or left out.

D

Deleted member

Smash has numerous girls and women in the base roster. Just because they are a minority or not in DLC doesn't mean they're unwanted or left out.
Instead, I see it as wasted potential.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Wanting more female fighters is fine, but I would never recommend making it your priority.

You'll miss out on a lot of unique movesets and fun characters if you focus on gender alone.

D

Deleted member

Wanting more female fighters is fine, but I would never recommend making it your priority.

You'll miss out on a lot of unique movesets and fun characters if you focus on gender alone.
Who ever said focusing on gender meant less moveset potential?

D

Deleted member

I saw the leak it but I’m not fully trusting it because of grinch and that pirate hat
But if it ends up real and geno is indeed in in then spirits don’t deconfirm.
and if real can you guys please consider shantae likley I know most of you don’t like her but I just think she has a chance.

D

Deleted member

Nobody.

What they are trying to say is that while showing a lot of support for female DLC fighters is something positive and good, we should also not be extremely harsh on picks who don’t happen to be female if they have good moveset potential.

It’s just a matter of being open minded.

D

Deleted member

that's fair and all, but does the gender really matter to you that much that not having a female character makes you angry?
I don't want women being left out or not chosen! Gender matters to me a lot. Most of who I main are female, and I want to get a new main to complement those in the base roster.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
No one, but it doesn't mean more moveset potential either.

In terms of gameplay, whether or not your character is female means nothing, which is why it shouldn't be anyone's main focus. Being male/female has no effect in Smash, and you'd be ignoring a lot of a character's potential if all you looked at was their outward appearance.

You can support female characters, but try not to be someone who brushes off a character just because they're male.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't want women being left out or not chosen! Gender matters to me a lot. Most of who I main are female, and I want to get a new main to complement those in the base roster.
again, that's fair and all, but i feel you're focusing too much on the gender, over quality.

and what this about, "I don't want women being left out or not chosen!" you're acting like these characters are alive, and have feelings, when they're nothing more than a bunch of letters.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If it makes you better Lesley I'd say there's a good chance we'll get at least one female fighter post-Pass. Not everything is always gonna go everyone's way myself included. I wanted Nakoruru over Terry but I've since grown to accept it because its happened and nothing can be done. Even then I've warmed up to him and understand the reasoning for his inclusion.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I really hope the leak is real, because of the implications. Geno might be third party from a legal standpoint, but he's literally a Mario character. It would make no sense for the DLC to be him and a bunch of third parties. So if he can get in, there's no reason Bandana Dee can't.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
One of my female OC is going to be the next DLC character thanks to my grandpa working at Nintendo, and you WILL like it!

HeartyGrimBluefintuna-small.gif

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
If it comes between Geno or Doomguy, my money is on Doomguy, with Geno as an updated costume with Forest Mushrooms.

D

Deleted member

If it makes you better Lesley I'd say there's a good chance we'll get at least one female fighter post-Pass. Not everything is always gonna go everyone's way myself included. I wanted Nakoruru over Terry but I've since grown to accept it because its happened and nothing can be done. Even then I've warmed up to him and understand the reasoning for his inclusion.
I've said my post more than enough.

D

Deleted member

Sigh...

It appears I must get sleep tonight. I'm having nightnares over this...so if possible, page me on updates. Thank you.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I hope we get an direct announced today.

That would otherwise lean more towards this video leak being possibility real.

D

Deleted member

Sigh...

It appears I must get sleep tonight. I'm having nightnares over this...so if possible, page me on updates. Thank you.
If you're having nightmares over not getting any female characters for DLC, you really need to reflect on your priorities.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'm only counting the characters who are strictly female, are part of a tag team (ICs, Banjo/Kazooie), or have swappable genders but the female version is the one promoted (WFT, Inkling).

I'm not counting alts, but if I did, the number would be a lot higher.
yeah... I literally just noticed that, right before you replied

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom