• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
in other news, owning smash ultimate gives you bonus content in persona 5 scramble

wild

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I mean, does a Mallow costume necessarily confirm Geno? Because if we're assuming this is in the Terry Patch, then that isn't a good look for Geno, and if this is in a patch after that, that can also mean that Doomguy is in and Geno isn't or vice versa, and if this is somehow 3 patches ahead, uh... I guess both have a chance? However, not all costumes were tied to a character, I mean, all of the Mii Costumes that was in Banjo's patch had nothing to do with Banjo.
It doesn't confirm Geno, but only in the same way the Cacodemon Mii Costume doesn't confirm Doomguy is a playable character. This is supposedly a developer build, so it doesn't really work as if it's patch 6.0/7.0/8.0/etc, there could be all sorts of content included in this build, some that's scheduled to release in the near future, and some that's scheduled to release much further down the line, the content only gets separated for the release builds (which is why some leftover stuff is sometimes found in datamines). We already know from a leaker that Piranha Plant was in Ultimate's playtesting builds pre-launch, so it's pretty clear that internal builds aren't separated by patches. On top of that Mii Costumes are likely developed a long time before they release, in this case they're 3rd party content after all so you imagine they'll want to finish them asap to ensure they get in, and all things considered Mii Costumes are also quite easy to develop.

Personally I really struggle to see why we'd get more SMRPG content if not for a fighter, and especially why it'd release later down the line from Hero. The only reason we ever got any SMRPG content before is because of how popular a request Geno was to begin with, you can't exactly say the same thing of Mallow (or Smithy, if the leaked list is to be believed). Doomguy kinda has a similar reasoning to back him up, I can't see why they'd go through a western company just for Mii Costumes when Sakurai has pointed out how difficult it can be due to language barriers.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

in other news, owning smash ultimate gives you bonus content in persona 5 scramble

wild

That’s some really awesome news!

I’m definitely picking Scramble on Switch!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Topic - Pokémon Sword and Shield leaks

So there are Galarian forms of Pokémon from other regions, not just Kanto.

That confirms my suspicions that Kanto Pokémon are usually used to promote new games and new features (Galarian forms and Gigantamax forms) in new games... since they are the most popular and iconic.

Meowth & Team Rocket for Smash

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Why do you want this leak to be fake so badly? Maybe you aren’t a fan of them, but many of us have wanted these two characters for a very long time (I’ve wanted Doom Slayer way before the 5chan “leaks” btw)
Sigh...if I told you, you're probably going to be really mad about me.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
So, heard about that leak.

And I thought the Doomguy theorists were nutcases but holy **** here we are lmao

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Any Switch owners interested in Persona 5: ATLUS's Youtube channel just uploaded a bunch of videos on Persona 5 Scramble and confirmed they're going to put out new information as game gets close to its release.

Might be worth a look if you're on the fence about getting it. It's a sequel but doesn't seem to have any big spoilers for P5 and already looks like a stellar action RPG that manages to capture the original game's style and mechanics.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

wild

Now if only living in America gave you access to the base game.

D

Deleted member

Any Switch owners interested in Persona 5, ATLUS's Youtube channel just uploaded a bunch of videos on Persona 5 Scramble and confirmed they're going to put out new information as game gets close to its release.

Might be worth a look if you're on the fence about getting it. It's a sequel but doesn't seem to have any big spoilers for P5 and already looks like a stellar action RPG that manages to capture original game's style and mechanics.
I plan to pick P5R on PS4 and P5S on Switch.

The Persona 5 content in Smash really got me interested in giving the series a try.

I also saw the new Atlus videos earlier, and the game just keeps looking more hype!

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
What do you mean? There is no confirmed English release yet. And none of the trailers have been officially released in my region. I really wanna play it, but it looks like it might be a Japan exclusive.
I doubt it...

I betcha it's coming eventually

They probably need to localize it still, and that may take a bit.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Milo : Grass Leader
Nessa : Water Leader
Kabu: Fire Leader
Allister : Ghost Leader
Opal : Fairy Leader
Melony: Ice Leader
Piers: Dark Leader
Raihan : Dragon Leader

D

Deleted member

What do you mean? There is no confirmed English release yet. And none of the trailers have been officially released in my region. I really wanna play it, but it looks like it might be a Japan exclusive.
Atlus games seem to take their time to reveal Western localizations.

But seeing how Koei Tecmo tends to relase almost all their games on the West, and how Atlus wants to push Persona overseas I am positive about Scramble coming to Europe and America.

Just at a later date.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
there's an english livestream about it coming today

D

Deleted member

Probably because you have some really weird opinions on certain (COUGH) topics.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Atlus games seem to take their time to reveal Western localizations.

But seeing how Koei Tecmo tends to relase almost all their games on the West, and how Atlus wants to push Persona overseas I am positive about Scramble coming to Europe and America.

Just at a later date.
Oh. This is normal? Weird. But cool.
there's an english livestream about it coming today

VICTORY!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Someone should put a spoiler tag in the title of this thread, because that's what I been seeing for the past couples of hours.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Every single Persona console release is also available overseas, even if it's without English dub like PQ2.

I'm sure you can play it eventually.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
The mark of the beast.
IMG_20191104_082732.png

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Sigh...if I told you, you're probably going to be really mad about me.

I saw previous posts of yours in the thread about now, and I’ll say this.
Doom literally popularized the entirety of the FPS genre, Call of Duty wouldn’t be dominating the charts today if it wasn’t for Doom back in the 90s. And Geno has been requested by fans for almost two decades (Although its debatable whether or not he is still a mii costume) Its fine if you do not want them or like them, but if you think they shouldn’t be in just because they happen to be male, and ignoring all of the reasons why their inclusions make sense, then I honestly don’t know what to tell you

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I saw previous posts of yours in the thread about now, and I’ll say this.
Doom literally popularized the entirety of the FPS, Call of Duty wouldn’t be dominating the charts today if it wasn’t for Doom back in the 90s. And Geno has been requested by fans for almost two decades (Although its debatable whether or not he is still a mii costume) Its fine if you do not want them or like them, but if you think they shouldn’t be in just because they happen to be male, and ignoring all of the reasons why their inclusions make sense, then I honestly don’t know what to tell you
I know, I know, I know. I just wanted a true female but Smash won't give it to me. And I feel that we as women are left out. It's like they don't want us.

What's wrong?
Obvious ba?

D

Deleted member

What's wrong?
She was deeply hoping to see a female fighter in the Fighter Pass but is now completely depressed due to the new Smash leak alledgedly deconfirming one according to some people.

Basically like me during the Google Theory days regarding Eight and Erdrick, but not sure if she also has shady stuff IRL affecting her as it happened to me.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
if the leak is true, then I'd assume both costumes are releasing around the same time, and it's more likely to signify a Bethesda rep moreso than it would Geno.

and yes, I say Bethesda in general, and not necessarily Doomguy, because it could also very well be somebody like Dovahkiin for all we know.

Betheseda's so big of a company and one of the most supportive western publishers when it comes to the Switch that it'd be weird to regulate their representation to just a costume, and I'm very certain Todd would want the big bucks.

And the fact that Mallow is only a hat and not a full costume makes me assume Geno's full costume is probably coming back. Maybe with music tracks, ala sans?

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Morning, guys. I've been almost fully exposed to the big new leak just about two times this morning, now if you'll excuse me...

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I honestly felt like breaking a table or a chair at one point, followed by smashing the mirror across, then breaking a television set.
I think you should take a break and rest a bit if a video game can do this to do you.

D

Deleted member

I honestly felt like breaking a table or a chair at one point, followed by smashing the mirror across, then breaking a television set.
Yup, sometimes we have that feeling when we feel really bad about ourselves.

I personally try to control those sentiments because I want to behave better than the people who do want to see others doing so out of enjoyment.

But if you really want to vent by punching stuff, I could also suggest to visit the nearest gym, take a sandbag and smash the hell out of it until you want to stop.

Physical work really helps our minds and body.

D

Deleted member

Nope. I can't.
You use the internet to vent from IRL problems and dramas, right?

Basically the same for me. I tend to go to the internet most of the time in order to vent because my relationship with my parents right now is kinda shaky.

I suggest to do what I did, and open a PM chat with the people from the site who you really feel safe venting IRL problems with. Doing that really helped me a lot at the time of dealing with real life problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom