• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

For the people who haven't been keeping up with it, there's also video footage, which is much harder to fake
And before you assume mods, modders have stated that it's extraordinarily difficult to make custom Mii costumes as it stands right now
Oh yeah and some sleuths figured out that Ken's Shoryu had it's damage changed, meaning that there's a good chance that if this is real that it's being played on a different patch

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
This is objectively incorrect.
What do you mean? He can add whoever we wants. Sure, there probably is some sort of selection criteria, but we don’t know what it is. All the rules we go by are made up by us. Until we actually get a firsthand account of the selection criteria, we really can’t actually say who’s more likely than who. Because we don’t know who’s more likely than who. All we can say is that, everyone is likely.

D

Deleted member

At least you still are skeptic.

You have no idea of my depression train right now.
Believe me, I understand those feelings really well.

Back when Erdrick was still rumoured and I was keeping my prays about Eight getting in as his alt, something called Google Theory appeared which basically seemed to claim that Erdrick would not get in and in his place Artorias would be added.

Dragon Quest fans got loads of flack back then, and it didn’t help that all happened at the lowest point of my life, so I was feeling even more suicidal than usual.

However, miracles happened and in the end not only did Google Theory get deconfirmed but my boy Eight also got added.

The things we want tend to mostly take a lot of time to happen.
Just remember that no matter how dark or messed things could be right now... there’s always light at the end of the tunnel.

Quentin Tarantino had to deeply fight his way inside Hollywood before getting any recognition as he does today, and I also had to fight my way through to make my life go back in balance.

I believe in you, because your motivation are well-meaned.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Back when Erdrick was still rumoured and I was keeping my prays about Eight getting in as his alt, something called Google Theory appeared which basically seemed to claim that Erdrick would not get in and in his place Artorias would be added.

Dragon Quest fans got loads of flack back then, and it didn’t help that all happened at the lowest point of my life, so I was feeling even more suicidal than usual.

However, miracles happened and in the end not only did Google Theory get deconfirmed but my boy Eight also got added.

Just remember that no matter how dark or messed things could be right now... there’s always light at the end of the tunnel.

Quentin Tarantino had to deeply fight his way inside Hollywood before getting any recognition as he does today, and I also had to fight my way through to make my life go back in balance.

Can I add that, while the leak may be true, it doesn't mean there will be no more characters after those 2?

Calm down folks, we still don't know when Ultimate DLC will end, there is still a chance.

D

Deleted member

Light? As in Female characters? It's too good to be happy about it.

Someone acttually said right in my face that we won't get girls for DLC.

osby

Smash Obsessed
What do you mean? He can add whoever we wants. Sure, there probably is some sort of selection criteria, but we don’t know what it is. All the rules we go by are made up by us. Until we actually get a firsthand account of the selection criteria, we really can’t actually say who’s more likely than who. Because we don’t know who’s more likely than who. All we can say is that, everyone is likely.
Sakurai can't add whoever he wants because DLC characters are chosen by Nintendo.

And while we're not aware of the exact selection criteria, we can safely say that a lot of characters won't even be considered by Nintendo. Like, you can't say a random party member from DQ7 or a P2 mook is as likely as Geno or Doomguy.

osby

Smash Obsessed

No offense but I wish "you're not getting anything you like as Smash DLC" was the worst thing someone ever said to my face.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Tell those people to chill and don’t take claims for granted.

Things are really up in the air right now, and everything can happen.

Just wait and see, because the Smash fandom takes to take personal claims as facts as it happened with Google Theory and then get dissapointed from being too locked on them.

Besides, some female characters such as Kasumi from P5R are starting to sound possible for extra pass DLC.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Why though? What’s wrong with what this leak implies? I get the feeling. I’m still desperately hoping for these SwSh leaks to be debunked. But like, what’s so wrong here?
Sorry for coming across cynical its just I don't want to set myself up for disappointment. Doom Slayer would be an hype addition and don't want to go through something as last year with Kencineroar (No offense to those who were excited for them).

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Is there a reliable source on the lack of postgame/Elite 4 stuff? I can believe the 400 and done thing cos people have been mining the dex and whatnot, but I want to believe there's a chance the other stuff is wrong cos content is what really sells me on a Pokemon game, and that'd really kill my hype

osby

Smash Obsessed
Why though? What’s wrong with what this leak implies? I get the feeling. I’m still desperately hoping for these SwSh leaks to be debunked. But like, what’s so wrong here?
Not everyone likes Doomguy or Geno.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sorry for coming across cynical its just I don't want to set myself up for disappointment. Doom Slayer would be an hype addition and don't want to go through something as last year with Kencineroar (No offense to those who were excited for them).
If we learned anything from the Grinch leak...

D

Deleted member

No offense but I wish "you're not getting anything you like as Smash DLC" was the worst thing someone ever said to my face.
I deeply agree.

More so after what I got told at a funeral this year from a person I didn’t expect to do so.

Interesting. What's the leak about?
Mallow and Cacodemon Mii hats, with two gameplay videos and Mii Hats.

Ken buffs were also leaked.

D

Deleted member

Basically there's a Mii Costume of Mallow and Cacodemon.

Infers Geno and Doom Slayer.
It is also worth to note that as someone pointed earlier there are chances that we do also get Geno and Doomguy Mii costumes in one of many possible scenarios.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean, does a Mallow costume necessarily confirm Geno? Because if we're assuming this is in the Terry Patch, then that isn't a good look for Geno, and if this is in a patch after that, that can also mean that Doomguy is in and Geno isn't or vice versa, and if this is somehow 3 patches ahead, uh... I guess both have a chance? However, not all costumes were tied to a character, I mean, all of the Mii Costumes that was in Banjo's patch had nothing to do with Banjo.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I mean, does a Mallow costume necessarily confirm Geno? Because if we're assuming this is in the Terry Patch, then that isn't a good look for Geno, and if this is in a patch after that, that can also mean that Doomguy is in and Geno isn't or vice versa, and if this is somehow 3 patches ahead, uh... I guess both have a chance? However, not all costumes were tied to a character, I mean, all of the Mii Costumes that was in Banjo's patch had nothing to do with Banjo.
The fact that we have footage of a Mallow Mii costume this early is actually bad for Geno, not good.

Unless Geno gets released alongside Terry or shortly after, I don't know how this person would have access to him so far in advance. Seems more likely that we're getting a SMRPG bundle of Mii Costumes released with Terry.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I guess I'm not too terribly upset with the Smash leaks either, lol. Then again I have almost always been about character movesets first and the character themselves second (Dedede, Ridley, K. Rool, Banjo and Ryu are probably the exceptions to this, though in the case of everybody save Ridley I am super happy with how they play/function in-game). I'm really curious to see how either of them would play.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I care nothing for Smash leaks when Pokemon leaks are happening and the only bad thing is that Thanos was allowed inside Galar

D

Deleted member

The fact that we have footage of a Mallow Mii costume this early is actually bad for Geno, not good.

Unless Geno gets released alongside Terry or shortly after, I don't know how this person would have access to this so far in advance.
True.

It could also have possible implications for Doomguy.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Also, do you guys not know how to tag your posts as spoilers? I mean, you guys did a pretty good job yesterday with Pokemon, so did you hit your heads and forget? SPOILER THAT MESS, not everyone once to see a Smash leak.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also, do you guys not know how to tag your posts as spoilers? I mean, you guys did a pretty good job yesterday with Pokemon, so did you hit your heads and forget? SPOILER THAT MESS, not everyone once to see a Smash leak.
Sorry...

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Basically there's a Mii Costume of Mallow and Cacodemon.

Infers Geno and Doom Slayer.
I deeply agree.

More so after what I got told at a funeral this year from a person I didn’t expect to do so.

Mallow and Cacodemon Mii hats, with two gameplay videos and Mii Hats.

Ken buffs were also leaked.
Huh, I see. A Mallow Mii costume would be pretty funny. :p

And a Cacodemon? Never been a big fan of Doom, but if a Mii Costume is the only thing the series gets, and nothing more, I guess that's fine.

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
It is also worth to note that as someone pointed earlier there are chances that we do also get Geno and Doomguy Mii costumes in one of many possible scenarios.
You can make an argument for Geno, but Sakurai literally called Doom the “father of FPS”, so I find it very hard to believe he would settle for just Mii costumes.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Oh, I guess an addendum to my post: MGS is like my favorite game series ever and I love Snake, but I cannot stand how he plays for the life of me lol

Smooth Criminal

D

Deleted member

Anyways, to relax a bit from all the dissapointment I will share Just2good’s new video on the LEGO 1989 Batmobile leak I’ve been wanting to see him cover:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
this is all such a mess

two of the franchises with the biggest leak/speculation cultures getting leaked at the same time

D

Deleted member

Anyways, to relax a bit from all the dissapointment I will share Just2good’s new video on the LEGO 1989 Batmobile leak I’ve been wanting to see him cover:

Depending if everyone's disappointed, that is.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Now if the leak is real and these costumes are legitimate, I'd say it's Geno OR Doomguy, not both.

The only way all three get in is if we miraculously get all three released (I said released, not revealed) within the following weeks. Like, before the end of the year.

Assuming one DLC fighter can be revealed and released within a matter of a few weeks is already unlikely, but TWO fighters? That's reminiscent of the people who said "Sakurai could reveal six newcomers in the November 1st Direct because Sakurai is unpredictable."

D

Deleted member

Now if the leak is real and these costumes are legitimate, I'd say it's Geno OR Doomguy, not both.

The only way all three get in is if we miraculously get all three released (I said released, not revealed) within the following weeks. Like, before the end of the year.

Assuming one DLC fighter can be revealed and released within a matter of a few weeks is already unlikely, but TWO fighters? That's reminiscent of the people who said "Sakurai could reveal six newcomers in the November 1st Direct because Sakurai is unpredictable."
Basically.

It is something we really have to wait and se unfold before making claims.

D

Deleted member

*cough* Grinch leak *cough*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom