• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

the leak

View attachment 244902

i don't buy it for several reasons but it's got a lot going for it
Yeah, it does have stuff going for it such as the claims about Mii costumes being infernal to mod.

The only thing funny I find about Doomguy is just how Japan just sees him as Samus. It'd be so hilarious to see their reactions and see if we can get a mirror swap complaint about too many guns in Smash or something.
That Samus thing on 5chan was actually confirmed fake.

Someone translated the comments on the actual thread, and they actually were more pacific and open towards Doomguy.

D

Deleted member

Could we spoiler tag leaks next time? I don’t wanna see Smash related leaks, if that’s ok.

Shroob

Sup?
My stance on Sw/Sd, not that this should be a surprise to certain individuals

*coughcough*

New Galarian Forms:

Love 'em.

New Pokemon:

Love 'em.

No Elite 4 despite Gyms being back:

Stop

An apparent lack of Postgame:

I said Stop

Over 500 Pokemon cut, which is over HALF the existing roster of 'mons:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
the leak

View attachment 244902

i don't buy it for several reasons but it's got a lot going for it
I suppose it could be fake. But if it really is too early in the lifetime of ultimate modding to add custom hats, then this would have to be a photoshop job like smashified. And I know you can only tell so much by just zooming in. But I don’t see any evidence of photoshop.

Plus, most fake leaks tend to be of more easily faked things like the character select screen or trophy/spirit gallery. As far as I know, the only “gameplay” leak that we’ve gotten was real.

osby

Smash Obsessed
You know, neither
Geno or Doomguy
is my cup of tea, but it'd be a nice change of pace to finish some sort of speculation cycle without massive amounts of salt.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just found out the character I voice, the one in my PFP, eats school lunch, not food his parents make him.

Disgusting.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Woke up to expect more Pokemon leak discussion now we got possible Smash leaks on the table too?

I cannae keep up

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Thanos is merciful

He only snapped half, this is more than half
Jeese. I’m back to not knowing if I want this game or not.
the game just feels so.... low effort. And the sad thing is that this game selling Potentially poorly as a result of these poor values wouldn’t even convince them to re-evaluate the series or what they’re doing because it’s still gonna sell millions because it’s ****ing Pokémon.

Sighs. Just buy up the little bit of the trademark GameFreak Owns. Cast them off into the world to make their shoddily programmed games. And get a new developer for Pokémon.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
might as well give my thoughts on the "leak"...

it seems too baity for me.

I always felt like people overestimated Doomguy's chances

also, the obvious parallels to the ken leak just scream lazy imitation.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
"Man, all these new, interesting Pokemon! There's no way Dexit can survive this!"

*Only 400 Pokemon, over 500 cuts*

lisa.jpg

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I still can't believe these games actually have less Pokémon in the dex than Pokémon XY.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Calling it now. Its fake. :rolleyes:

Maybe I'm just saying this just to save myself the disappointment.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Like I can handle the

Apparently MASSIVE cull of Pokemon

But you're telling me that there's basically no postgame to be found aside from Breeding and the generic Battle Tower?

No real side quests? No Battle Frontier? No new Legendaries...?

Nothing?

The main campaign is it and that's that?

Gamefreak, what are you doing.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
might as well give my thoughts on the leak...

it seems too baity for me.

I always felt like people overestimated Doomguy's chances

also, the obvious parallels to the ken leak just scream poor imitation.
idk. I recognize how you feel. I used to feel that way about certain characters. But then I just had this epiphany. Everyone is likely. Plus, as Banjo shows, a character does NOT need a huge Japanese precedence for who makes it in. They’re thinking globally. Which is a good thing.

Also, I just thought the Ken thing was the leaker making a funny. Whoever took that screenshot would have had to gather the characters he wanted to leak together and take the photo himself. So he just threw in Ken for ****s and giggles as a meme.

D

Deleted member

For the people who haven't been keeping up with it, there's also video footage, which is much harder to fake
And before you assume mods, modders have stated that it's extraordinarily difficult to make custom Mii costumes as it stands right now

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
For the people who haven't been keeping up with it, there's also video footage, which is much harder to fake
And before you assume mods, modders have stated that it's extraordinarily difficult to make custom Mii costumes as it stands right now
Still keeping expectations low...Just to still save myself the disappointment. It always seems convincing then proves to not be the case. Don't want to go through that kind of thing again.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Everybody’s assuming the Mallow hat would be added alongside fully playable Geno, and not just the return of the Geno Mii costume.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Like I can handle the

But you're telling me that there's basically no postgame to be found aside from Breeding and the generic Battle Tower?

Nothing?

imagine if pokemon had DW XI levrls of content. For reftencing that game has 3 acts

D

Deleted member

Still keeping expectations low...Just to still save myself the disappointment. It always seems convincing then proves to not be the case. Don't want to go through that kind of thing again.
At least you still are skeptic.

You have no idea of my depression train right now.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Like I can handle the

Nothing?

Gamefreak, chief, I’m gonna need a reason to buy your game besides the fact that it’s Pokémon.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Calling it now. Its fake. :rolleyes:

Maybe I'm just saying this just to save myself the disappointment.
I don’t know what it is. But people calling leaks fake, no matter what, always runs me the wrong way. And I think it has something to do with this mentality. Like, how much of it is evidence based, and how much of it is just “not getting my hopes up”?

D

Deleted member

If they have the guts to show footage, that doesn’t solidify it as real, but increases its chances a whole lot. Still skeptical, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom