• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
These are the kinds of leaks that are the most fascinating.

After the Grinch hoax, I honestly can't believe it's real. But damn if it isn't convincing.

Shroob

Sup?
The question we should be asking ourselves is:

Is this a developer build of the game?

How did he freeze the timer at exactly 2:30(Like the Ken leak), and have the fixed camera angle?

Signs point to yes, but as stated before, it's not like this is impossible to fake.

StormC

Smash Hero
It's a very good leak, almost impossible to debunk, but it feels too much like a redux of the Grinch Leak. "Here's evidence of two highly demanded and speculated characters." The timing also doesn't make much sense either - if Doom Slayer or Geno are coming, they're months away. How do they have access to a playable build with these costumes?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The question we should be asking ourselves is:

Is this a developer build of the game?

How did he freeze the timer at exactly 2:30(Like the Ken leak), and have the fixed camera angle?

Signs point to yes, but as stated before, it's not like this is impossible to fake.
2:30 is the default time.

You can also get a fixed angle in Special Smash.

Not sure if any of this is in favour of it being a debug mode or not.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Apparently modders can’t get their mii mods right:
https://smashboards.com/threads/gen...i-discord-poll.446378/page-1603#post-23632537

I trust what Slender says based on past posts of theirs. They’re cool.

It's a very good leak, almost impossible to debunk, but it feels too much like a redux of the Grinch Leak. "Here's evidence of two highly demanded and speculated characters." The timing also doesn't make much sense either - if Doom Slayer or Geno are coming, they're months away. How do they have access to a playable build with these costumes?
It’s possible they want testing on ‘em done early. Sakurai’s team works on multiple characters at once.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, that's not very difficult to answer.

They pretty obviously work on multiple things at once internally, just because we receive the content via x.0 patches doesn't mean that's the only thing they've been working on.

Granted, I'm still sus.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Again. Keep your expectations in check.

If real, this can easily mean nothing. If fake? Still nothing

Whole lotta nothing we're working with.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
apparent mii costume difficulties for modders aside, i'm not sure i believe this
  • grinch leak levels of two extremely popular 2019 fan picks and comes off as trolly/baity
  • though well-modelled, they're not the most complicated models in the world since they're just hats
  • the leak from a month or so back that leaked mii costumes like goemon and rocket grunt specified a full costume, yet mallow is only using the hat and toad's body -- i can assume it's much easier, even with the current difficulties of modding mii costumes, to make a hat than rig an entire costume
  • ken feels like a very intentional and cheeky reference to the original ken leak like it's trying to ride off that one's obvious legitimacy (the only difference being that the game is now out and mods are possible)
with that said, people are wildin if they seriously think a cacodemon would get in without doomslayer

D

Deleted member

What a coincidence that as soon as it looks like we're gonna stop getting Pokemon leaks we get what seems to be a legit Smash leak
Sure has been an eventful past few days

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
First SNK in Smash, then insiders hearing different characters but not 100% on anyone, then Pokémon, and now this stuff.

Can Nintendo keep anything a secret anymore?

Shroob

Sup?
What a coincidence that as soon as it looks like we're gonna stop getting Pokemon leaks we get what seems to be a legit Smash leak
Sure has been an eventful past few days
Nice of the Princess to invite us over for Pokemon leaks, eh Luigi?

I hope she made lotsa Smash leaks.

D

Deleted member

First SNK in Smash, then insiders hearing different characters but not 100% on anyone, then Pokémon, and now this stuff.

It's because they cannot.

Joker is the Last Surprise honestly.

Why is this fate cruel to me. Why did I choose this?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Are Wario and Waluigi the one actually taking care of leaks at Nintendo?

Because if yes, that would explain alot.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Tbf Pokémon always leaks due to early copies, at least as far back as Gen 5 to my recollection, so it's not exactly a recent issue on that front, they can't do a whole lot about early copies going out. Heck, they have tried before, they delayed OR/AS slightly in European countries after X/Y leaked because European retailers sold the games way early (I even got an early copy myself, just not leaker early), but that's obviously not going to solve anything in the long term.

They've made quite a few mistakes with Smash this time around though, the Bloody Tears slip up, Brave in the data, then the SNK stuff, and that's just the leaks that have come directly from them, there's also the Ken leak, insiders finding out way more than in past games, and now potentially this (although I choose to remain somewhat skeptical of it).

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Imagine getting a newcomer from the Mario series and said character is...
Piano 2.png

Mad Piano Enters on a High Note!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Completely unrelated, but I just realized that the screenshot I got my avatar from has a Hollow Knight easter egg.

To the far right, right next to the stuffed pig. It's the main protagonist from Hollow Knight.

That's neat. The image is a screenshot from The Owl Houses's opening for anyone wondering btw.

Now to actually get around to playing Hollow Knight. One of these days.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Completely unrelated, but I just realized that the screenshot I got my avatar from has a Hollow Knight easter egg.

To the far right, right next to the stuffed pig. It's the main protagonist from Hollow Knight.

That's neat. The image is a screenshot from The Owl Houses's opening for anyone wondering btw.

Now to actually get around to playing Hollow Knight. One of these days.
That thing in the bottom left is literally the 3rd angel from Neon Genesis Evangelion.

D

Deleted member

In other news it's sounding like 400 really is the final number of Pokemon in the dex, which is roughly 500 Pokemon that won't be returning
That is so much worse than what I was expecting

Shroob

Sup?
In other news it's sounding like 400 really is the final number of Pokemon in the dex, which is roughly 500 Pokemon that won't be returning
I knew it was safe to not buy into the "Extended Dex"

The ONLY source for it were random-ass 4chan posts.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Meh, I haven't bought a Pokemon game since the Gen 3 games so it doesn't affect me much. Then again we don't know much about the story but I'm not holding my breath

Shroob

Sup?
So yeah

Cosmic77 Cosmic77

Dunno what that book's gonna have, but it really does seem like 400+mythicals is all there is, seems like people are reporting beating the game and no Extended Dex.

500 cuts is a very hard pill to swallow, ngl

As of writing this, there's only 27 unknown 'Mons left in the Galar dex

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
the biggest ****ing oof

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
to add onto the above pokemon news
it seems there's also basically no postgame content

super disappointed rn ngl, i was thinking of pre-ordering but i might hold off until december and see what the consensus is

Shroob

Sup?
to add onto the above pokemon news
it seems there's also basically no postgame content

super disappointed rn ngl, i was thinking of pre-ordering but i might hold off until december and see what the consensus is
Okay I'm gonna need a source on that

Because if this is a Gen 6 all over again then

What the ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom