• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Don't get me wrong, I totally believe that if you disagree with the pass, then don't buy it.

But protesting it on a site where most people have bought it almost a year ago now seems counter-intuitive, no?
Just make the ghosts go away ...

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
What if the reason Terry is coming later is because he's gonna have the shadow drop of another character?

This isn't a case of one stealing another's popularity as they're on the same ticket so there's no money to lose there and it serves as a great holiday send-off to the first wave of DLC and Ultimate's 1 year anniversary to boot.

Or they do a brief clip of the fighter like we got with Terry and then release them in December.

Of course this is EXTREMELY wishful thinking but I like optimism

Shroob

Sup?
Almost complete?

He was so incomplete that they could only show like two of his attacks.
Let's be real, they're not working on a character down to the last nano-second before launch.

Characters are done weeks in advance with the final free time just being bug fixing. I highly, highly doubt Terry was as incomplete as we think back in September, especially since they were almost assuredly working on Fighter 5 and Bonus 1 alongside him.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Welp. All's well that ends well.

Right now we'll put the leak in limbo/purgatory.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Almost complete?

He was so incomplete that they could only show like two of his attacks.
Another thing to remember.

Terry's 'snippet' wasn't actually from September, it was "Only a few days after the Hero" video, since those two vids, despite being months apart, were filmed incredibly close together.

Terry's been in development since at LEAST June.

D

Deleted member

only saying possibly cause its not the same poster

the anon was just using this as an example for modding
Worth mentioning that despite the numerous model/skin mods for actual characters, no Mii costume mods have been made in the almost year-long timespan since the game has released
So either people don't give a **** about them or it hasn't been found out how to do so yet

Last edited by a moderator:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I dunno. Kinda hoping #5 doesn't leak but I kinda feel like it will.

Even if that turns out true it doesn't tell us definitively what fighter we're gonna get, if any. At worst there will just be debates over Geno, Doomguy/Doom Slayer, and the people who think they're just costumes.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Worth mentioning that despite the numerous model/skin mods for actual characters, no Mii costume mods have been made in the almost year-long timespan since the game has released
So either people don't give a **** about them or it hasn't been found out how to do so yet
really funny if we cant solve a leak bc no one cared enough to try making modded mii hats a thing yet

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
video evidence like this is the best you could get for a leak

Everything looks right
People have shown they're capable of faking video evidence as well though, offhand there was a Springman/Decidueye leak from last year, and there's been smaller examples of convincing fakes across the years like the infamous Grinch leak or Palutena leak. If there's one thing this fandom is capable of, it's going above and beyond to fool as many people as possible, and with characters like Doomslayer and Geno, making a video with two costumes tied to both would definitely get them that attention.

With that said, I'm on the fence. I'm not going to pretend that this doesn't look convincing, but there are things to the situation that leave me wary such as what Shroob said about the timing of the costumes. It could be real, but I'm going to remain skeptical until there's more that collaborates it.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Well ladies and Slayers. It looks like we may be, *ahem* At DOOM's Gate.

Shroob

Sup?
People have shown they're capable of faking video evidence as well though, offhand there was a Springman/Decidueye leak from last year, and there's been smaller examples of convincing fakes across the years like the infamous Grinch leak or Palutena leak. If there's one thing this fandom is capable of, it's going above and beyond to fool as many people as possible, and with characters like Doomslayer and Geno, making a video with two costumes tied to both would definitely get them that attention.

With that said, I'm on the fence. I'm not going to pretend that this doesn't look convincing, but there are things to the situation that leave me wary such as what Shroob said about the timing of the costumes. It could be real, but I'm going to remain skeptical until there's more that collaborates it.
They're really Schrodinger's costumes.

If they come with Terry, then I'd argue that's a huge blow to both characters.

If they don't come, then we still know nothing.

And of course, the absolutely crazy, optimistic, never going to happen in a million years answer of: "We get a Smash Direct with Terry dropping, Character 5 and either the Geno Mii costume or Geno as Bonus 1"

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
the one thing that gets me is that the cacodemon and malo design on the mii hat is nice enough were it feels like it wasnt fan made

like it has actual proper people designing it for a costume

osby

Smash Obsessed

Wait, shouldn't two superpositions must contradict each other for it to be Schrödinger's costumes?

D

Deleted member

And of course, the absolutely crazy, optimistic, never going to happen in a million years answer of: "We get a Smash Direct with Terry dropping, Character 5 and either the Geno Mii costume or Geno as Bonus 1"
Oh yeah
I can't wait for this ****storm
1572854043120.png

Shroob

Sup?
So lemme just summarize the situation:

Video leak(Two in fact) appear on 4chan.

The video SPECIFICALLY uses Ken and has the clock frozen on 2:30, which is a direct callback to the infamous"

"Ken"

leak of yonder days.

The camera is, from what I can tell, locked to a fixed position, which Sakurai mentioned in the Banjo video as being part of a developer build.

Now the question:

If these are legit, do they come with Terry, or later? Because if they come WITH Terry, and we don't see Doomguy announced as Fighter 5, then that outright kills Doomguy I'd imagine.

Mallow I'm not putting a ton of stock into. Geno could go either way, he's 50/50, either he's a bonus character, or he's a costume again.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm personally not sold on the Mii Leak.

You somehow have early access to a patch of the game, and you decide to show off a pair of mii costumes of all things? I mean I guess there's possible explanations for that, and we did have that pre-patch Ken leak that left out Incineroar for some reason, but I generally don't think leaks are worth giving the benefit of the doubt on these things unless they have a ton of convincing evidence.

I think the idea of it being a modder trying to screw with everyone is more likely. You wouldn't have to make totally new animations to fake a mii costume, which would make them way easier to fake then a new fighter. Seems super suspicious to me.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I'm personally not sold on the Mii Leak.

You somehow have early access to a patch of the game, and you decide to show off a pair of mii costumes of all things? I mean I guess there's possible explanations for that, and we did have that pre-patch Ken leak that left out Incineroar for some reason, but I generally don't think leaks are worth giving the benefit of the doubt on these things unless they have a ton of convincing evidence.

I think the idea of it being a modder trying to screw with everyone is more likely. You wouldn't have to make totally new animations to fake a mii costume, which would make them way easier to fake then a new fighter. Seems super suspicious to me.
I mean, like stated above.

The dude picked Ken, did the exact same thumbs up taunt and kept the clock frozen at 2:30.

Even if this isn't Ken leaker, he's emulating the "Ken" leak.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh lord.

Both Salvation and Doom are upon us.

My body isn't ready guys.

Shroob

Sup?
They're not 100%

Remember to keep your expectations realistic and mediated.
I mean, we don't even know if this is real or not.

And another skeleton in the closet that people aren't considering is that this Mii costume could have simply been a "Hey, Doom Eternal's out this month(RIP), here's a Mii Hat of the famous Cacodemon. We're including the famous Gates of Doom as a bonus track."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom