• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
NEW Friend.png

KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms Noipoi Noipoi @Taylor F
xD I FINALLY had the enough motivation to draw Galarian Ponyta. It's cuteness was too much to not do anything with it. And since I saw a whole lot of comparison to it with Celestia, I prefered to draw Luna with it instead. xD She's like "What the hay happened to you, Sister?!"

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Well, I saw a bunch of glimpses of leaks, and frankly, that's pretty much all I need to know. Crash, Reimu, et cetera. I don't care if I've played their games or not. I'm happy for whoever gets in, and will be doing this on Announcement Day, no matter what.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
my devil's advocate stance with the reimu leak is that these are only the tracks being arranged by the doujin company in question

i think it's very possible there are other notably missing tracks being arranged outside the company (by ZUN, for example) that haven't been leaked if it's true

Shroob

Sup?
I'm with Snake on this one.

Just reveal fighter 5 when Terry gets shown off so we can close the book on the Fighters Pass.

Granted, not like we'll be any better off when there's more dlc, luckily or unluckily depending on your point of view.

D

Deleted member

my devil's advocate stance with the reimu leak is that these are only the tracks being arranged by the doujin company in question

i think it's very possible there are other notably missing tracks being arranged outside the company (by ZUN, for example) that haven't been leaked if it's true
So potentially 30+ songs coming with Reimu if she got in? That's absolutely bonkers but whatever gets Cirno's theme in Smash I guess. I'd just love for that song to get in.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
So potentially 30+ songs coming with Reimu if she got in? That's absolutely bonkers but whatever gets Cirno's theme in Smash I guess. I'd just love for that song to get in.
i think a castlevania situation where a bunch of remixes are thrown in alongside a handful of unremixed (ZUN?) originals is likely (again, if real)

as we've noted, if any DLC franchise is gonna have a massive focus on music, it'll be the one where its tracks get tens of millions of hits online

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
are you guys talking about a reimu leak even though the man just said he had no contact with sakurai about including touhou in smash?

:drshrug: is it me or do you guys have poor memory

Shroob

Sup?
I'm just stunned that Reimu went from a 4chan meme pick to

Actually being considered a contender.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for it to happen just, I 'really' don't see it, especially as character 5. As a standalone.....maaaaaaaybe, but that seems soo far out it's not even funny, we probably won't even get our first of these standalones in game until Mid 2020.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm just stunned that Reimu went from a 4chan meme pick to

Actually being considered a contender.
Really?

Reimu was just one of the indie characters who had a shot at the same level as any other one. Shantae, Knight, Meat Boy, the like. I never really underestimated her, but I never really gave any indie character much shot because i dont care for them

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Really?

Reimu was just one of the indie characters who had a shot at the same level as any other one. Shantae, Knight, Meat Boy, the like.
I mean, I always thought "Ya know, if any Indie character could get in, Reimu's got a good shot since she's kinda Japan's indie"

But you hop on over to /vg/ and Reimu was their biggest meme since June 2018, at least until Evil Steve.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I mean, I always thought "Ya know, if any Indie character could get in, Reimu's got a good shot since she's kinda Japan's indie"

But you hop on over to /vg/ and Reimu was their biggest meme since June 2018.
Touhou characters have been an imageboard meme since the mid 2000s bro what you on about

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I mean 'in Smash' specifically! :drflip:
I've been aware of Touhou and its presence in Smash for a while now.

But I made my mistake with Simon. I'm not underestimating the power of any character community ever again, Simon getting in took me by surprise even though I thought he was a hella niche pick.

Shroob

Sup?
Like, I take all the indie rep in Ultimate: Shantae spirit, Shovel Knight trophy, literally Undertale as a "It's very possible"

But I'm also very cautious about Indies just like I was on Banjo. I'm not gonna pull a Scoliosis and ramble that it "Can't happen" like he did with Banjo, but I'll definitely lean more on the "I doubt it, but I'd like it."

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I'm with Snake on this one.

Just reveal fighter 5 when Terry gets shown off so we can close the book on the Fighters Pass.

Granted, not like we'll be any better off when there's more dlc, luckily or unluckily depending on your point of view.

Calling it now, they'll reveal two fighters from one franchise separate from the pass, followed by the actual 5th pass fighter.

Not saying who I think it'll be, but I'm not changing my hopes for who it might be.

Shroob

Sup?
Calling it now, they'll reveal two fighters from one franchise separate from the pass, followed by the actual 5th pass fighter.

Not saying who I think it'll be, but I'm not changing my hopes for who it might be.
..... You think they'll reveal a character who's not part of the pass, before they do one that's part of the pass...?

That'd be hella confusing marketing even if they plaster "THIS CHARACTER IS NOT PART OF THE FP" all over it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My bets are a smash direct, terry is first then fighter pass five.
We either end in a bonus fighter you get for free with NSO and a rough estimate of when the next DLC is planned to release, weather it be a schedule for when they plan to have it ready or a second pass announcement if that’s the plan.

or

we get the bonus fighter and a joker style tease at fighter pass 2’s first character or the next character if there isn’t a pass. No gameplay just a trailer.!

thats such an obscure reference though, there are only 67 stores that exist

professionally he's superior too
There’s that few of them? I see it advertised all the time on tv though huh.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
direct sounds simple.

reveal #5, then have sakurai's terry showcase afterwards.

There’s that few of them? I see it advertised all the time on tv though huh.
probably because you live in the northeastern US

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
We either end in a bonus fighter you get for free with NSO and a rough estimate of when the next DLC is planned to release, weather it be a schedule for when they plan to have it ready or a second pass announcement if that’s the plan.
Considering how much work each character supposedly is to make, I kind of doubt they'll give out another free one, especially when we already got Piranha Plant free.

Although I suppose an echo fighter wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities, I'm still not betting on it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm skeptical on a 2nd pass.

I think that's what they'll do but, I have to wonder if they'll actually do it.
i feel like it'll less be a pass and more of an unspecified number of characters in a bundle.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm skeptical on a 2nd pass.

I think that's what they'll do but, I have to wonder if they'll actually do it.
On the one hand, pass itself probably sold well, considering how early they started additional DLC.

On the other hand, Sakurai doesn't seem like a fan and it's hard to imagine juggling multiple deadlines not being a pain.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
sakurai went on record saying he wasn't fond of the pass model so he probably won't do it again

just release individual characters smash 4 style until the end of time, then release a bundle of waves at the end that doesn't give any saving

Shroob

Sup?
sakurai went on record saying he wasn't fond of the pass model so he probably won't do it again

just release individual characters smash 4 style until the end of time, then release a bundle of waves at the end that doesn't give any saving
Yup, it's definitely a Nintendo game alright.

D

Deleted member

My bets are a smash direct, terry is first then fighter pass five.
the character that fits the most for a free bonus character you get with NSO would be like a Dixie Echo that releases alongside the DKC trilogy for SNES online or something and I kinda doubt that will happen.

I would've said Geno but I kinda doubt Square would allow Sakurai and Nintendo to sell Geno for free even if they don't use Geno a lot they're still a 3rd party company that wants money.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
the smash fan goes into cryo sleep in november 2018 then wakes up 14 months later

1571558046704.png

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
After Kirb, say hello to Yosh.

Hi Yosh.
Hi Yosh!
Here's 1 more newcomer:
Meta Knight the Tank Engine.png

Locamer Charges in!
Here's our current roster:
1. Kirb
2. Baseball Kirby
3. Cricket/Sword Kirby? (Don't know what's he holding?)
4. Knife Yoshi
5. Hammer Yoshi
6. Fat Kirby
7. Chaoshi (Is it the blue or green Chao?)
8. Locamer (AKA: Meta the Knight Engine, fan art is from locomotive111 on DeviantART.)
9. Chainsaw Banjo

Lemme know if you want more characters to the roster.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I kinda _refer the DLC model we have now as it guarantees a stage for each new fighter, but extra DLC is extra DLC and I'll take whatever we get though might not actually buy it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom