• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
What do you mean a fair fight?

Also i can just imagine in my fight where Yoshi becomes his Super Dragon form and grabs Ramarak's tongue, slamming him into the ground several times, swing said Crawler around at high speed and throws him into the side of a mountain with Yoshi ramming the Skull Devil through said entire mountain itself creating a giant hole/tunnnel through it. (Srry if's it long, btw i might put this part in my fight seen above.)
Riptor is the genetically enhanced dinosaur from Killer Instinct. The problem was that she was meant to be semi-realistic and.... well, that never works out when facing an exaggerated cartoon character does it... :yoshi:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Riptor is the genetically enhanced dinosaur from Killer Instinct. The problem was that she was meant to be semi-realistic and.... well, that never works out when facing an exaggerated cartoon character does it... :yoshi:
I agree, If the Death Battle i made between Yoshi and Ramarak was real, would you watch it?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So there were recently a bunch of nerfs for Borderlands 3 and the mods of the subreddit decided to respond accordingly
1571546064621.png

D

Deleted member

And another leak says another character will be FP 5 which is Reimu apparently (quoting from the Reimu support thread):
Okay, so if this is real then it's pretty huge.
AoCF leaker dropped quite a lot of stuff.
I'll just summerize.

The leaker first heard the rumor of a certain doujin music circle is arranging Touhou music for Smash back in April at Nico Nico Chokaigi.
The leak he claimed earlier was all his fantasy from the actual information he has and other random talks from random people.
He said that he DOESN'T know Reimu is in or not, but the rumor IS specifically about Smash and due to the amount of contents it carries, he believes that she will be represented as a playable character.
Also he admitted that the rumor is still present today.

The information he has is the list of music.
Here it is.

Theme of Eastern Story
Maiden's Capriccio (he doesn't know which one)
Mystic Oriental Dream (not sure typo)
Spring Lane
Dichromatic Lotus Butterfly
Akutagawa Ryuunosuke's "Kappa"
Last Remote
Spring of Dreams
The Venerable Ancient Battlefield
Emotional Skyscraper
Shoutoku Legend
Inchlings of the Shining Needle
Sunny Milk's Scarlet Mist Incident
A Star of Hope Rises in the Blue Sky (it said 1st stage theme of HSiFS)
The Ground's Color is Yellow
Shinkirou Theatrical
Neo Bamboo Forest in Flames
Unknown X
Necrofantasia
Night Falls
Battlefield of the Flower Threshold
The Concealed Four Seasons (it said 2 final boss themes of HSiFS)
Secret God Matara (Okina Matara's second theme)

This list of music is very... interesting. I'm not sure how to feel about this.
The leaker also said there will be no Marisa themes and not only ZUN originals.
The fantasy he made was mostly from this list of music.
And the image he uploaded earlier was from Twilight Frontier so probably it's for Touhou 17.5.

Lastly, I think this was the biggest bomb drop.
The Touhou in Smash rumor goes something like this.
Doujin circle "hmm-hmm Koubou (Atelier)" who's known for their orchestral arrangement is doing works of Touhou music remixes for Smash.

TBH, the leak itself sounds bull**** but I'm frankly surprised by he actually name dropping certain doujin circle. Pretty risky move here,
Seems interesting at least and I wouldn't be upset if Reimu got in as FP 5 as I already don't care about who gets in then.

Shroob

Sup?
And another leak says another character will be FP 5 which is Reimu apparently (quoting from the Reimu support thread):

Seems interesting at least and I wouldn't be upset if Reimu got in as FP 5 as I already don't care about who gets in then.
Gotta love how I understand everything there and like 99% of the other posters here won't.

Shroob

Sup?
I can confirm - I don't get any of this. The only tohou song I know is Bad Apple, and that isn't even there.
The irony is that Bad Apple is from a part of the franchise which is basically completely ignored by the creator due to it being from a dead OS.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
The Plot of Kirby games in a nutshell:
1. When Kirby sleeps, something terrible happens.
2. Go on a rampage along the way.
3. Fight a tree, possessed fat penguin, edgy borb, one eyed cloud.
4. Final boss is a cosmic horror eldritch universe destroying god of death.
5. Kirby defeats final boss with awesome weapon thingy.
6. Kirby saves the day once again.
That's it.

Shroob

Sup?
Even though I think Reimu in Smash is a huge ****ing meme(But I'd love it to become real), I'll humor it for now, and

....that is a VERY strange music selection to be blunt.

It's got some classics, but a lot of it pulls from more recent or obscure titles, and it ignores a lot of popular or classic tunes.

The person who made this(Most likely) fake leak is a huge Touhou nerd to pull some hyper obscure tracks.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Even though I think Reimu in Smash is a huge ****ing meme(But I'd love it to become real), I'll humor it for now, and

....that is a VERY strange music selection to be blunt.

It's got some classics, but a lot of it pulls from more recent or obscure titles, and it ignores a lot of popular or classic tunes.

The person who made this(Most likely) fake leak is a huge Touhou nerd to pull some hyper obscure tracks.
Yeah it doesn't even have this theme:
Come on how can you not add this theme? It's an absolute bop.

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah it doesn't even have this theme:
Come on how can you not add this theme? It's an absolute bop.
I mean, there's a lot of good themes there

And 3 Reimu themes

"Gee guys, I dunno if Reimu's in, but there's 3 different themesongs for her, I dunno..."

But it just feels like a Touhou fan pulled some REAL obscure titles and mixed them in with some really popular ones and said "Hey, hey look!"

And then there's the issue that, as far as I can see, I really can't find much on this doujin circle online.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Seeing how Persona, Dragon Quest and Banjo-Kazooie only got mainline game tracks, I don't think we'll get twenty obscure tracks from any series, to be honest.

Though, I expect a few curveballs. Who predicted Battle Hymn of the Soul?

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
I don't even want Crash, but the people saying he can't be in because of what Blizzard did are just being ridiculous. If you really supported Hong Kong and wanted to stick it to the Chinese government, you would stop buying all the **** that's made in China like your smartphones and the Switch consoles you're playing Smash Ultimate on now. But no. This character should never be added due to politics.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Seeing how Persona, Dragon Quest and Banjo-Kazooie only got mainline game tracks, I don't think we'll get twenty obscure tracks from any series, to be honest.

Though, I expect a few curveballs. Who predicted Battle Hymn of the Soul?
There's some REAL obscure tracks here.

Like, I'm a huge Touhou nut that can pretty much put the Boss to song as soon as I hear the first few notes of any boss theme in Touhou and I still had to look up over half this ****.

osby

Smash Obsessed
There's some REAL obscure tracks here.

Like, I'm a huge Touhou nut that can pretty much put the Boss to song as soon as I hear the first few notes of any boss theme in Touhou and I still had to look up over half this ****.
There's also over 20 tracks, which is quite a jump from Persona's 11.

7.8/10, too many tracks

Shroob

Sup?

7.8/10, too many tracks
I mean, to be fair, the Music honestly is Touhou's biggest appeal, so if any DLC series were to get a ****load of music, it'd be Touhou, just

Holy **** some of these are "Literal whos" of the soundtrack.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I mean, to be fair, the Music honestly is Touhou's biggest appeal, so if any DLC series were to get a ****load of music, it'd be Touhou, just

Holy **** some of these are "Literal whos" of the soundtrack.
That would make a fun question, actually.

What are the "literal who" tracks you'd like in Smash from DLC franchises?

Shroob

Sup?
But ya

Like, I can't find

Anything about this supposed Doujin circle online.

If someone could provide the Kanji, that'd be swell, looking up a Japanese band with an English name is no beuno.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

7.8/10, too many tracks
To be fair simion and richter have like 34 tracks because the music tram we’re fans right?

sure that was base game with more of a budget, but it there was interest by the team and if they could get the music cheaper reimu having more tracks then the other dlc wouldn’t be a stretch.

The rumor still seems very unlikely though

Shroob

Sup?
The thing that makes me turn my nose up in suspect more than anything, besides the sheer volume of "Huh?" song choices

It's missing arguably the two songs that even Non-Touhou fans will recognize.

This is a remix but it's basically THE song most people recognize

D

Deleted member

To be fair simion and richter have like 34 tracks because the music tram we’re fans right?

sure that was base game with more of a budget, but it there was interest by the team and if they could get the music cheaper reimu having more tracks then the other dlc wouldn’t be a stretch.

The rumor still seems very unlikely though
All 3 of the DLC series so far have come with a pretty modest music selection though. Persona got 11, Dragon Quest got 8, Banjo-Kazooie got 10, and I'd hazard a guess and say that Fatal Fury/King of Fighters will probably get a similar amount. This was also the case in 4, where Street Fighter came with 6 tracks and Bayonetta came with 12.

Shroob

Sup?
All 3 of the DLC series so far have come with a pretty modest music selection though. Persona got 11, Dragon Quest got 8, Banjo-Kazooie got 10, and I'd hazard a guess and say that Fatal Fury/King of Fighters will probably get a similar amount. This was also the case in 4, where Street Fighter came with 6 tracks and Bayonetta came with 12.
Eh, I think the leak's BS but if there's a series that "Is" its music, it's Touhou.

I'd argue that the songs are more popular than the games themselves.

I think this is a fake done by a megafan, but the amount of music doesn't make me raise an eye, it's the choices.

D

Deleted member

Eh, I think the leak's BS but if there's a series that "Is" its music, it's Touhou.

I'd argue that the songs are more popular than the games themselves.
You could really argue the same thing for Persona and Banjo-Kazooie though, Persona has a ton of amazing music and many people who weren't excited for Banjo himself were still excited for the possible music selections (rip Gruntilda Battle).
The leak is bull**** anyway but just going off of patterns I can't see any Fighter Pack coming with more than 15 songs at the absolute most.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace

The leaker didn't say she is for FP5. He just said she (or at least Touhou music) is definitely coming.

But ya

Like, I can't find

Anything about this supposed Doujin circle online.

If someone could provide the Kanji, that'd be swell, looking up a Japanese band with an English name is no beuno.
Most likely CarrotWine.

Shroob

Sup?
You could really argue the same thing for Persona and Banjo-Kazooie though, Persona has a ton of amazing music and many people who weren't excited for Banjo himself were still excited for the possible music selections (rip Gruntilda Battle).
The leak is bull**** anyway but just going off of patterns I can't see any Fighter Pack coming with more than 15 songs at the absolute most.

Noooot to the same level of Touhou, definitely not. Touhou music is a beast unto itself.

It's really hard to explain unless you 'know' the franchise, but it's completely different than any other video game and its soundtrack.
The leaker didn't say she is for FP5. He just said she (or at least Touhou music) is definitely coming.

Most likely CarrotWine.
Not familiar with it.

D

Deleted member

Ah, Sorry for assuming that they were talking about FP5 I just figured that was the case and that nobody knew much of anything about the post-FP DLC.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The thing that makes me turn my nose up in suspect more than anything, besides the sheer volume of "Huh?" song choices

It's missing arguably the two songs that even Non-Touhou fans will recognize.
I've heard of U.N. Owen was Her. Never listened to it, just heard the name.

That's literally all I know about Touhou music.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Noooot to the same level of Touhou, definitely not. Touhou music is a beast unto itself.

It's really hard to explain unless you 'know' the franchise, but it's completely different than any other video game and its soundtrack.
Fair enough I suppose, my only exposure to Touhou has pretty much been only through this site and mid 2000s YTPMV's so my knowledge of it is extremely limited, I just felt like weighing in my thoughts.

Shroob

Sup?
Looking into this Doujin group now that I have a name

Well, they definitely fit the sound of Ultimate, that's for damn sure.

Give these a listen and tell me that they don't feel like they could fit right into Ultimate:

I still think it's bunk but I'd be MORE than okay with these people doing the songs, like, holy ****ing ****.

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
For Persona and Dragon Quest, they need to deal with JASRAC to get rights for certain music. Banjo was Sakurai's first attempt to work with western company.
So I can see why their music selection were a bit underwhelming. Touhou music on the other hand, don't really have complicated license issues.
But still, 23 tracks for a single DLC is a big nah to me tho.

Shroob

Sup?
Well that staved off boredom for a good 30 minutes.

Now if this were the olden days, we'd have Pony asking for extremely detailed info and parsing how it could potentially make sense and a 2 page essay how Touhou can/cannot be in Smash by old codger Spinaltwisticus

Oh wait that second part still happens.

jk scol love ya man

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
also i learned the other day that there's a northeastern american pizza company called, i **** you not, papa gino's

just thought i would share that info

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
also i learned the other day that there's a northeastern american pizza company called, i **** you not, papa gino's

just thought i would share that info
You didn’t know that’s where the papa genos name came from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom