• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Quick question: Is the Dub version of MHA season 4 out yet? I know the Subbed version is, but I don't really like Subbed anime.
I have no idea, I’ve only seen sub, I know they delayed it because of the earthquakes and what not in Japan from crucnhyroll but i don’t know what’s changed

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm not big on anime on myself, but I'd be lying if I said I preferred subbed over dubbed. I prefer to hear and understand what the characters are saying than read every last line out.

Only exceptions would be in the case of an official dub job being really, really bad, and I've yet to run into such a problem among the few animes I've checked out.

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
Generally I’m more of a subbed guy, but it really depends on the show. The Yu Yu Hakusho dub for example adds so much more to the characters than the sub it’s ridiculous, and the YYH sub isn’t even that bad.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Dogs don't recall naughty things they did. What makes them think these babies will? :yoshi:
HOW DARE YOU! Dogs are loyal, and are good pets to have! Boxers are just one type of dog! *Blasts him with a cannon* Don't think about getting up! Stay down and think about what you said!

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Generally I’m more of a subbed guy, but it really depends on the show. The Yu Yu Hakusho dub for example adds so much more to the characters than the sub it’s ridiculous, and the YYH sub isn’t even that bad.
Kurama can have a teenage girl voice him in one country and a 30 year old man in another and they'd both work. :yoshi:

Shroob

Sup?
I really wanna watch Zombieland Saga since I heard it got a S2 in production and "It's October"

But jesus christ I'm just not motivated to watch anime anymore, it's been like 6-7 years since my last. :dr^_^:

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I don't get why people prefer dubbed. It's fine if you do, I just don't see the reasoning.
I prefer Sub because I really don't give a **** about reading a bit, and dubs tend to be awful. In fact, I haven't seen an anime dubbed that didn't make me want to gouge my ears out!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
There’s also the lip syncing to take into consideration.
Yeah. Wish they were allowed to edit the lips. I know there's reasons why they don't. But I think it should at least be considered.

Really, what I want is for them to completely remake shows when they cross the boarder. Like they do with foreign versions of live action shows.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
It also depends on the casting. In the Dr. Stone dub, Senku, Chrome, Gen and Ginro have perfect voices for them, ESPECIALLY GEN!!!

Then others have fitting voices but the delivery is kinda off, like Tsukasa, Taiju, Kohaku, Kinro, Magma and Yuzuriha.

Then there's Suika, who's voice is pure cancer :yoshi:

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes having to switch your eyes back and forth between the subtitles and the animation can be pretty important too. I watched Evangelion subbed, but that’s a series where there’s a lot going on and a lot to take in all at once, and the advantage of not having to put effort into reading as well as processing the events of the story might make it better to watch the dub.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
We talking anime dubs? I don't care much about Anime, but when I do watch it, I prefer dub over sub, unless maybe if the dub is really bad, if you know what I mean.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Honestly, I don't get why people prefer dubbed. It's fine if you do, I just don't see the reasoning.
I prefer Sub because I really don't give a **** about reading a bit, and dubs tend to be awful. In fact, I haven't seen an anime dubbed that didn't make me want to gouge my ears out!
I just watch both. first I watch subbed thrn right after I watch dubbed if it was dubbed. 2 episodes in one day, hell yeah

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I prefer dub just to be a hipster :p

But for real, I like watching dub because I wanna see how much care the voice actors and producers placed into the translation. It's a factor in me rating anime. I will also watch clips of the sub and compare.

Sub is normally superior, but dub can be good as well. Case in point: Cowboy Bebop.

On occasion I'm more 50-50 on a dub. As an example: in Toradora, I prefer Taiga's original Japanese voice, but I prefer Ryuji's English voice on the other hand. It depends.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So a source of Sabi said it’s not Crash or Tracer? Interesting.

If anything, I’d actually argue that might imply Crash is post-Season 1.

Though, I do wonder if the last pick is Ryu Hayabusa. I hear him all the time from 35,000 different “leaks”, yet every time something comes up his name shows up.

It takes me back to the “Terry and Hayabusa” leak from like a month ago. I wonder if that was true...that would explain why people have gotten mixed up with Hayabusa; maybe it was true the whole time but we’re getting the releases wrong the whole time.

Shroob

Sup?
So a source of Sabi said it’s not Crash or Tracer? Interesting.

If anything, I’d actually argue that might imply Crash is post-Season 1.

Though, I do wonder if the last pick is Ryu Hayabusa. I hear him all the time from 35,000 different “leaks”, yet every time something comes up his name shows up.

It takes me back to the “Terry and Hayabusa” leak from like a month ago. I wonder if that was true...that would explain why people have gotten mixed up with Hayabusa; maybe it was true the whole time but we’re getting the releases wrong the whole time.
I mean, the issue with that leak is it got Terry's trailer completely wrong.

Unless the leaker was throwing in falsified info for ****s and giggles, it's impossible to know.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I mean, the issue with that leak is it got Terry's trailer completely wrong.

Unless the leaker was throwing in falsified info for ****s and giggles, it's impossible to know.
Which leaker are you talking about? If I am talking about the right one, wasn't that the one who missed Sans in the list of Mii costume DLC?

Shroob

Sup?
Which leaker are you talking about? If I am talking about the right one, wasn't that the one who missed Sans in the list of Mii costume DLC?
No the Terrybusa leak from 4chan.

It said Terry's trailer was gonna be a continuation of Kencineroar...

And it very obviously wasn't.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
i cant stand dubs

japanese dialogue with english voices is awful

The most satanic thing ever is hearing eng dubbers say japanese names

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom