• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So here I am, at a meat raffle, with my fiancé and other friends. It’s for charity, and this is the second one I’ve ever been to.

For the SECOND TIME, ONE TABLE IS WINNING EVERYTHING.

I’m furious. Sure, it’s $1 per ticket but I want some damn meat. They bait me with the strip steaks, but here we are 15 rounds in, and we’ve got nothing.

I’ve decided to play a game where if the same table wins, I take a drink. One woman from the table won THREE TIMES IN A ROW.

Furious, I tell you. Furious.
Seems like the only times I ever win is when the prize is something I don't care about.

About six months ago, the hospital I work at held a fundraiser for breast cancer and prostate cancer. They had a raffle for each, and the prize for the guy's raffle (the prostate cancer one) was a large crate filled with over $1,000 worth of liquor (which I thought was stupid because alcohol is a carcinogen that could potentially cause cancer, but that's besides the point). Anyway, I actually won, which normally would've been really exciting...

Except I don't drink.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Good for you! Hope you are able to win more!
I appreciate the sentiment, but it was the second to last round.

Between that, Polish sausage and ground beef, it’s what my fiancé probably would have wanted me to pick. So that’s what I went with.
Yes, Mozzarella.

My favorite meat.
Listen, it’s hard to get the succulent mozzarella when it’s so rare to hunt in the wild.

Totally worth it.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
So, I've come back after awhile. Seems like things have signficantly cooled down after that heated debate.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
No I’m a different guy who happened to crop the same artwork of sigma with the same dimensions in the same resolution. Onereasonanddone was the kamen rider guy right?
What's good new guy? You remind me of someone, but I can't put my finger on it.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hi guys! What did I miss?

I went to the Lagoon earlier. That is a theme park, by the way. It was great! I went on a lot of roller coaster rides. Hey, speaking of which, do any of you guys like roller coasters? I find them to be thrilling and fun.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I went to the Lagoon earlier. That is a theme park, by the way. It was great! I went on a lot of roller coaster rides. Hey, speaking of which, do any of you guys like roller coasters? I find them to be thrilling and fun.
I haven't been on one since I was a kid.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Wademan94 Wademan94 I'm continuing to work on my ghostbusters concept, right now I'm working on designing a paranormal research tank. What do you think the tank should measure? What instruments do you think something like that would need built in?

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So here I am, at a meat raffle, with my fiancé and other friends. It’s for charity, and this is the second one I’ve ever been to.

For the SECOND TIME, ONE TABLE IS WINNING EVERYTHING.

I’m furious. Sure, it’s $1 per ticket and for a charity, but I want some damn meat. They bait me with the strip steaks, but here we are 15 rounds in, and we’ve got nothing.

I’ve decided to play a game where if the same table wins, I drink. One woman from the table won THREE TIMES IN A ROW.

Furious, I tell you. Furious.
I once won an Xbox Live contest.
My prize was steak.

Later won a Facebook giveaway for Green Arrow in Lego Dimensions.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
92F38397-E681-41EB-B1E3-A7F869338863.jpeg

Wademan94 Wademan94 Finished my design for the containment unit as well. I wanted this one to look like the classic unit was retrofitted with modern advancements, because there's no way to really replace it with a new one without letting out all the ghosts. So on that I used the design from the current running comics series. With the control panel mode goes and adjusted. The traps are loaded into the computer monitor next to it, which allows for monitoring of the containment dimension and cataloguing the ghosts within. Other functions and devices on the unit are appropriately labeled. There are additional mechanisms attached to the unit via the piping that I still have to design.

Edit: Looking at it on screen, the drawing isn't very good, but at least the concept is there.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
im watching someone try to play Um Jamma Lammy but the game keeps freezing and he has to keep switching between his PS1 and PS2
Ah, lammy....

I really would like to see actual modern versions of those old NanaOn-Sha rhythm games. Parappa, Lammy, and Vib Ribbon. They're all fun concepts that haven't aged well. Would love to see them tackled again with the advancements that have been made in rhythm games. Vib Ribbon espeially with it's tech that creates tracks based on the cds you own when you load them onto the PS1. Would love to see that concept touched again.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Wademan94 Wademan94 I'm continuing to work on my ghostbusters concept, right now I'm working on designing a paranormal research tank. What do you think the tank should measure? What instruments do you think something like that would need built in?
...I have no idea honestly, this is far beyond my expertise.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Can’t tell if you’re just doing a generic “I’m back” message or you’re trying to sing the lyrics to Jump Up Superstar.
The onereasonanddone I knew would have recognized the DK rap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom