• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So a source of Sabi said it’s not Crash or Tracer? Interesting.

If anything, I’d actually argue that might imply Crash is post-Season 1.

Though, I do wonder if the last pick is Ryu Hayabusa. I hear him all the time from 35,000 different “leaks”, yet every time something comes up his name shows up.

It takes me back to the “Terry and Hayabusa” leak from like a month ago. I wonder if that was true...that would explain why people have gotten mixed up with Hayabusa; maybe it was true the whole time but we’re getting the releases wrong the whole time.
Honestly, there's a small pool of characters who I kind of feel are inevitable for Ultimate's DLC. Whichever one is character 5 doesn't really matter IMO.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
https://gyazo.com/7a365f663ef94ea003ab2d3fccdfee0b

If this is anything to go by. NoA which I presume stands for Nintendo of America confirmed DLC fighter 5 isn't Tracer nor Crash. Though they can still be post-Pass.

This means Ryu Hayabusa is back in the running unless it turns out to be another character we might not know as of yet.
eh, i've seen so many photoshopped Sabi tweets and discord messages that I'm not buying this outright.

However Fatmanonice Fatmanonice if your able to did this actually happen?

EDIT: Oh hes been away from the site for a month, well then.

Either way don't fully buy into this unless Sabi confirms it was said at least.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I mean, the issue with that leak is it got Terry's trailer completely wrong.

Unless the leaker was throwing in falsified info for ****s and giggles, it's impossible to know.
That’s true. Like, while Hayabusa being in a bunch of leaks might honestly may be a red herring and mean nothing, I can’t help but think that it’s actually going to happen.

Especially if my hunch (metaphor, you know) is right and Crash is a fighter in the 2nd pass.

I’m not a huge Crash fan, I enjoyed the games but am not ultra attached, he’s actually a “most wanted 3rd party” for me after Leon/Jill or Dante. If I get that? Yeah, we can basically say I’m done. I can sit back and relax.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm leaning towards that screenshot being a shop, because the way her discord members talk about the guy, they said he only leaks stuff with images, not outright saying what it is.

Also this sounds very convenient with the Crash rumor gaining traction. I'd say its probably a salty smash fan who made this to discredit either the crash rumor or maybe even blizzard in general since both characters mentioned are technically tied to blizzard.

D

Deleted member

Sub all the way
Though I will accept the dub if it is either Dragon Ball or Cowboy Bebop

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
My mind has been corrupted by all the edits of the rap that I can no longer remember the original lyrics.
IF YOU KNOW THE WORDS, YOU CAN JOIN IN TOO (FIGHT!)

PUT YOUR HANDS TOGETHER IF YOU WANNA CLAP AS WE TAKE YOU THROUGH THIS

MOOOOORTAL KOOOOOMBAT!!

It's a pretty memorable song dude.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It really doesn't.

Now that there's more DLC past 5, "Character 5" is just a title and nothing more.
Right.

Wish they would show us who it is already. Early November can't come fast enough. Or they could just show us in october and release him in November.
That seems a little excessive for animated shows.
I understand that..... I just really wanna see western interpretations of some of these anime. Only, from people who actually are fans of the source material.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Isn't Transformers good?
This is Transformers Headmasters. Instead of going ahead with the short final season of the original show, Japan decided to ignore the events of it and make their own canon picking up after season 3. To say this show is nonsense is an understatement :yoshi:

And that's not even touching on the hilariously bad English dub that aired in South Asia...

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
This is Transformers Headmasters. Instead of going ahead with the short final season of the original show, Japan decided to ignore the events of it and make their own canon picking up after season 3. To say this show is nonsense is an understatement :yoshi:

And that's not even touching on the hilariously bad English dub that aired in South Asia...
Oh wow.

Sometimes Japan just gotta Japan.
Watch that the torture continues and we have to wait until the VGA (December 12th).
Oh god I hope not.

Then again we live in the timeline where we might not even know the way SwSh's starters evolve till the game comes out so.....

SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman

How dare you insult the dub, I still cry at this scene
I mean, it's popular enough to have lasted this long through multiple incarnations. There has to be some aspect of quality in the franchise.
Honestly it’s mainly persevered through nostalgia. The best written stuff usually comes the comics, in particular a lot of the IDW run is really solid, but even that varies, and the shows themselves vary pretty wildly too.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm leaning towards that screenshot being a shop, because the way her discord members talk about the guy, they said he only leaks stuff with images, not outright saying what it is.

Also this sounds very convenient with the Crash rumor gaining traction. I'd say its probably a salty smash fan who made this to discredit either the crash rumor or maybe even blizzard in general since both characters mentioned are technically tied to blizzard.
Fatmanonice said before that he does sometimes outright say things, and only hints with images when teasing something people may like or be interested in, or he just wants to have fun, idk.

There’s also this from Sabi, shared in the Geno thread:
https://smashboards.com/threads/gen...i-discord-poll.446378/page-1516#post-23605074

However, if her source is right, I think Crash could still come after #5.

There’s also this from PapaGenos, though just speculation:
https://smashboards.com/threads/gen...i-discord-poll.446378/page-1516#post-23605082

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
How dare you insult the dub, I still cry at this scene

Honestly it’s mainly persevered through nostalgia. The best written stuff usually comes the comics, in particlar a lot of the IDW run is really solid, but even that varies, and the shows themselves vary pretty wildly too.
My only real exposure to Transformers is it's current ongoing crossover with Ghostbusters. And.... honestly I'm not getting much from it. Especially since I don't know much about Transformers and it's not doing much for me as a Ghostbusters fan either.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Fatmanonice said before that he does sometimes outright say things, and only hints with images when teasing something people may like or be interested in, or he just wants to have fun, idk.

There’s also this from Sabi, shared in the Geno thread:
https://smashboards.com/threads/gen...i-discord-poll.446378/page-1516#post-23605074

However, if her source is right, I think Crash could still come after #5.

There’s also this from PapaGenos, though just speculation:
https://smashboards.com/threads/gen...i-discord-poll.446378/page-1516#post-23605082
Huh that sabi post says the ambassador didn’t even post that in her server someone else did. That too me is a little sketchy. Whoever posted it could easily be trolling her server and messing with them.

Definitely something to stay skeptical of.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Sub all the way
Though I will accept the dub if it is either Dragon Ball or Cowboy Bebop
Funimation should go back and redub the original Dragon Ball. It’s terrible with the mistranslations and removal of Every. Single. Insert song.

They even removed the music playing on the driver’s radio in this scene.

Like for **** sake lol.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
20191020_151136.jpg

2 hungry reptiles with a voracious appetite go toe to toe with each other!
(Or should I say... shoe to claw!)

Yoshi, Omnivore of the Year
V.S
Ramarak, Plauge from Beneath

Fight takes place on Skull Island.

Will be doing the fight later.

Fun Fact: The Skullcrawlers in Kong: Skull Island were inspired by Cubone from Pokemon due to their skull head, and their body comes from the 2 legged lizard in the original King Kong.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
View attachment 242743
(Or should I say... "Shoe to Claw!")
V.S

(Yoshi unknown got lost and ended up here.)
Yoshi's Height
175 cm

Ramarak's Height
60 feet tall
Will be doing the fight later.​
That's a fairer fight than what Death Battle did?

Yoshi vs. Riptor? Gee, who'd win that one? Such a mystery :yoshi:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
(Or should I say... shoe to claw!)
V.S

Will be doing the fight later.

Fun Fact: The Skullcrawlers in Kong: Skull Island were inspired by Cubone from Pokemon due to their skull head, and their body comes from the 2 legged lizard in the original King Kong.
I take it you are doing this to spite Zinith Zinith ?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
At video game night I went to tonight I tried both Astral Chain and Ring Fit Adventure.

The former I don't think I played enough for an honest opinion and the latter reminded me that I'm out of shape.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
That's a fairer fight than what Death Battle did?

Yoshi vs. Riptor? Gee, who'd win that one? Such a mystery :yoshi:
What do you mean a fair fight?

Also i can just imagine in my fight where Yoshi turns into his Super Dragon form and grabs Ramarak's tongue, slamming him into the ground several times, swinging said Skullcrawler around by said tongue at high speed and throws him into the side of a mountain with Yoshi ramming the Skull Devil through said entire mountain itself creating a giant hole/tunnnel through it. (Might put this part in my fight seen above soon.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom