• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
A “Smash Kart” would probably be more like “Nintendo Kart” and likely focus on these series at best:
-Mario and all its sub-series
-Zelda
-Metroid
-Starfox
-Kirby
-Kid Icarus
-Pikmin
-Animal Crossing
-Splatoon
-F-Zero
-various smaller games like Excitebike or Balloon Fight
-Wii Fit/Mii stuff
-maybe Earthbound

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
"I am the hope of the universe....I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace...I am the protector of the innocent...I am the light in the darkness...I am truth. Ally to good... Nightmare to you!!!"
That speech was kind of neat I guess but also a horrendous mistranslation of what had been said originally. I think it would have been ragged on a lot less if it was actually faithful to the Japanese line.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
A “Smash Kart” would probably be more like “Nintendo Kart” and likely focus on these series at best:
-Mario and all its sub-series
-Zelda
-Metroid
-Starfox
-Kirby
-Kid Icarus
-Pikmin
-Animal Crossing
-Splatoon
-F-Zero
-various smaller games like Excitebike or Balloon Fight
-Wii Fit/Mii stuff
-maybe Earthbound
IDK why they would be willing to have their characters fight each other and not race each other.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I don’t even think it’d be feasible to begin with. I mean, good luck on trying to convince all the third party companies to lend their characters to a kart racer, best I see is :ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman:, hell I don’t think Nintendo could convince Intelligent Systems or Game Freak to join in. It’ll probably be a lot more limited than you think.
Isn't Intelligent Systems fully owned by Nintendo?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I don’t even think it’d be feasible to begin with. I mean, good luck on trying to convince all the third party companies to lend their characters to a kart racer, best I see is :ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman:, hell I don’t think Nintendo could convince Intelligent Systems or Game Freak to join in. It’ll probably be a lot more limited than you think.
The last time someone at IS said "This is lame! I'm PSX gang!" and made a bootleg Fire Emblem failed so hard at it it pretty much cemented IS as a Nintendo-exclusive club, I think.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
For those unaware, today marks the special anniversary for the airing of one of the most iconic moments in anime history on U.S. television:

"I am the hope of the universe....I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace...I am the protector of the innocent...I am the light in the darkness...I am truth. Ally to good... Nightmare to you!!!"
That's awesome.

I still greatly prefer how that scene was handled in the original Japanese version, though.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Isn't Intelligent Systems fully owned by Nintendo?
Technically. But they have said in the past that franchises which share ownership (pokemon with TPC and Game Freak, Kirby with HAL Labs, FE with Intelligent Systems etc.) are harder to do licencing deals with because every party has to agree on what to do. Obviously this isn't the case with internal collaborations like Smash, and this hypothetical racer, as these companies and subsidiaries are more likely to trust nintendo proper than some random outside developer.

I can understand the third parties being more difficult to work in though, but not as much as Wade makes it out to be. Capcom and SEGA both have well known policies that all you really have to do is ask the team in charge of the series, and if they're okay with it then the crossover is approved. Namco's policies on this are unknown, but considering it's just Pac-Man in smash so far, and Pac-Man has appeared in the Namco developed Mario Kart Arcade series, I foresee no difficulties. Square is.... Square. And with how they tend to be with approving story elements for crossovers.... I really can't even guess how they'd respond. I doubt anyone has ever even asked to include their characters in a kart racer before. But I tend to believe that they'd be willing due to A) the insane marketing opportunities this game would allow, just like Smash proper, and B) the fact that assets for the required characters already exist thanks to Smash. Microsoft, same thing. The exact details on the specifics of Banjo's appearance are unknown. Including how friendly the companies are with each other and if they'd be willing to work together again. SNK would probably just be happy to be asked, as their popularity has been dwindling and they need the exposure.

At least, that's how I see it.

(jeese, It's like I'm writing an Arlo video)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
For those unaware, today marks the special anniversary for the airing of one of the most iconic moments in anime history on U.S. television:

I misread this as Goku Plush. So I decided to look it up and...
52971.JPG

Daaaaaaaaaaw! Is coot!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Do you really think they’re gonna port over assets from a fighting game to make a kart racing game?!
Why not? A character model is a character model. And transferring 3D models from program to program is incredibly basic programing work.

Items can still work as.... items, and if Spiral Mountain is any indication then there's as least a handful of stages they can borrow assets from.
I feel like fighting is a lot easier to associate with certain series than kart racing.
Considering SEGA's attitude of having characters from Shinobi, Golden Axe, and Virtua Fighter joining in on the race.... if they have a problem with it then all I have to say is get over it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

tfw the subject changes to something you heavily disagree with:
Screenshot 2019-10-18 at 8.56.13 AM.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Good one, like they could convince Squeenix to be a part of this haberdashery.
bro, the heroes in hero's final smash are ripped from a mobile game

it always seems like nintendo and square get pretty stingy when they work together, no?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Everyone's talking about Super Smash Kart and Mario Kart 9...

Meanwhile I pray all the time for Kirby Air Ride 2 to happen.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

it always seems like nintendo and square get pretty stingy when they work together, no?
Well, one of the two is willing to work together. The other is the equivalent of a partner who let's you do all the work, chips in as little as possible, and still expects his paycheck to be better than yours.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I swear if they made Super Smash Kart and started adding babies and glorified recolors to the roster I'd be so upsetty spaghetti.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well, one of the two is willing to work together. The other is the equivalent of a partner who let's you do all the work, chips in as little as possible, and still expects his paycheck to be better than yours.
sounds like square enix to me

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

What mobile game are the models ripped from?

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
KOFXIV is hard AF in terms of execution god damn.

Last edited:

R O F L

Smash Ace
If they make a "Nintendo Kart", they need to take a different approach than Mario kart gameplay wise.
The top priority for a Nintendo kart should be to make each character unique, enough for them to resemble themselves from their original games, rather than just being a model and voice clip swap.

If you're going to make a kart game themed around a vast diversity of unique characters, you need to make them unique. They should do something similar to Double Dash's item system, but expand on it greatly.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
If they did a Nintendo Kart, I'd rather they focus on Mario characters for the base game whilst bringing back Inkling, Villager, Isabelle, and Link with those. DLC can be other Nintendo series.

My base roster would probably be:

Mario
*new* Dr. Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Rosalina
Pauline
Yoshi
Birdo
Wario
Waluigi
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
*new* Dixie Kong
*new* King K. Rool
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Toad
Toadette
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Koopa Troopa
Dry Bones
*new* Hammer Bro
Shy Guy
King Boo
Dry Bowser
*new* Broodal (probably the girl)
Link
Villager
Isabelle
Inklings

Then follow it up with thematic DLC. I'd do 2 packs.

Pack 1: Space
Focuses on the space theme. New characters and tracks from the Metroid, Star Fox, Kirby, and F-Zero series.

Characters: Samus, Fox, Falco, Kirbyg, Captain Falcon

Pack 2: Fantasy
Focuses on fantasy worlds. New characters and tracks from the Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, Pokemon, and Legend of Zelda series.

Characters: Marth, Lucina, Shulk, Pikachu, Zelda

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I may do a Nintendo Kart roster based on the franchises I mentioned earlier but for now I wanted to replug my Mario Kart 9 roster as I made a few changes and wanted to ask everyone’s thoughts.
Toad
Toadette
Koopa Troopa
Dry Bones
Shy Guy
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Lakitu
Larry
Lemmy
Wendy
Kamek
Blooper
E. Gadd
Nabbit
Cappy
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Yoshi
Birdo
Diddy Kong
Bowser Jr.
Iggy
Ludwig
Pauline
Captain Toad
Hammer Bro (has Boomerang, Fire and Ice Colors)
Dixie Kong
Cranky Kong
Captain Syrup
Donkey Kong
Wario
Waluigi
Bowser (w/Dry Bowser Costume)
Rosalina
King Boo (w/Luigi’s Mansion Costume)
Petey Piranha
Funky Kong
Wiggler
Roy
Morton
King Bob-omb
Boom Boom
Pom Pom
Chargin’ Chuck
King K. Rool

Also want to ask for potential ideas for new tracks as well as suggestions for which retro tracks should return (I’m planning 2 each game)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom