• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Real talk, only people that possibly know the roster are pretty much higher ups and Sakurai's team. So I highly doubt that this Brew guy would do something like this if he had any similar position or anyone with the full knowledge of the roster would share it with so many months in advance.

No leaker so far has gotten the full picture, even Vergeben missed out Joker, K. Rool and Richter.

Frankly and honestly, I could even imagine Sabi or someone related to her being behind the 4chan post just to start discussions.

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
If that 4chan leak is real, then...well. It's something.

Jonsey and Maxwell are just weird choices. I don't really like the idea of Jonsey (how do you even make a moveset for this guy?) but Maxwell seems interesting from a "what" perspective.

Resident Evil is eh for me. Hear it's not the character most people want. from the series I've seen some interesting moveset concepts for them but I'm not convinced.

I'm totally down for Hayabusa. His potential moveset seems like it would be super fun.

Despite having played Dark Souls recently and absolutely loving it, I don't think Chosen Undead works in a game like Smash. There just isn't much interesting you could do with the concept that hasn't already been done.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
People are against any character that comes from a wildly popular game that draws in thousands of younger kids and annoying trends (Fortnite dances).

TBH, I'd prefer Steve or whatever Fornite character is currently popular over just about every character we've gotten in this pass.
Give it 10 years like Minecraft, and suddenly everyone will flock back to it and go "Fortnite wasn't ever that bad!!!!!", I guarantee you.

I don't really like the idea of Jonsey (how do you even make a moveset for this guy?)
not even i have played that much fortnite and i know you could do so much with him

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Give it 10 years like Minecraft, and suddenly everyone will flock back to it and go "Fortnite wasn't ever that bad!!!!!", I guarantee you.

not even i have played that much fortnite and i know you could do so much with him
I am against epic. So i am against jonsey.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I only saw trolls for Steve. And didn't vegie state .minecraft content. Wonder where that is.
4chan were trolls with Steve. Not anywhere else. You clearly weren’t here for speculation then, or really anywhere but 4chan. Steve was viewed as basically a lock.
If erdrick was known 9 months before he came out, it’s very possible we could see minecraft content in any update.

not to mention there’s the cube pig spirit theory people threw out there.

regardless, if your going to argue now that vergeben is a fraud because he got one thing wrong then this conversation is honestly done

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
i've heard everyone panicking because the dreaded fortnite jonesy was talked about by nintendo and sakurai on twitter or something

like im 100% sure it means nothing but why are people so against the idea? just "unga bunga me no like game"? :nifty: it's the most popular of its genre.
I haven't played the game, so I can't personally say I'd be excited by any means. I'm sure some people will say it's fake for including him at all, but for me the bigger question mark is how the hell were so many known at once.

Maybe people think it's a repeat of the Steve situation, massively popular game, particularly with the younger audience and would make bank, but isn't in. That said, there's no hugely requested character from the same company that people are gonna compare Fortnite Man to.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Joker was not leaked.
I do not trust anyone who gives company characters. Here. A Microsoft rep will be in smash.figure it out. I call bull. When brave was datamined , everyone called erdrick. And it was not him. Banjo was on everyones list. No one could leak it. Who leaked terry? No one until nintendos website. It is all bull.
That's not how any of that works.

A Square Enix pick was well known among insiders. It wasn't bull. I know because I was one of them, one of the same people who knew the Box theory was correct, and that the Grinch was fake.

Shinobi would have been kicked out of Resetera if they purposely trolled a community. They wouldn't wager their position for laughs.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
4chan were trolls with Steve. Not anywhere else. You clearly weren’t here for speculation then, or really anywhere but 4chan. Steve was viewed as basically a lock.
If erdrick was known 9 months before he came out, it’s very possible we could see minecraft content in any update.

not to mention there’s the cube pig spirit theory people threw out there.

regardless, if your going to argue now that vergeben is a fraud because he got one thing wrong then this conversation is honestly done
This place is an echo chamber. I heard both camps and banjo still was on lists.

You cannot leak anything if everyone keeps calling it

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Would the Fortnite building mechanic even work in Smash? Don’t give the typical “Sakurai made this happen so he can do anything” response, I legit want to see if there’s a way to incorporate that and balance it for Smash.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
That's not how any of that works.

A Square Enix pick was well known among insiders. It wasn't bull. I know because I was one of them, one of the same people who knew the Box theory was correct, and that the Grinch was fake.

Shinobi would have been kicked out of Resetera if they purposely trolled a community. They wouldn't wager their position for laughs.
I knew the box was correct and i have no info at all. People got wind of the datamine and ran with it. Same thing happened with snk and the website.

If hero did not happen, we would be looking at it like "there is some minecraft content"

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
February 2020 be like:
but yeah, I ain't holding my breath for that "leak"

Maxwell would be hype tho

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Why do you think these characters are mutually exclusive?
I find it really unlikely both of these characters would be on the same pass.

they both have fans and make sense but also feel very out of reach.

maxwell is more a sore thumb to me then jonsey because unlikely the former he doesn’t have any great promotional tie in that we know of.
Given the first fighters pass, I think we are going to see more heavy and surprise hitters. Maxwell just feels a bit out of place as much as I like him.
I could be wrong but I don’t know they are too Out there to both be in imo. And iirc maxwell has a bit of a complex rights system which may make it harder to grab him

You cannot leak anything if everyone keeps calling it
Well guys that’s it diamond and pearl remakes are cancelled because everyone kept calling them.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I find it really unlikely both of these characters would be on the same pass.

they both have fans and make sense but also feel very out of reach.

maxwell is more a sore thumb to me then jonsey because unlikely the former he doesn’t have any great promotional tie in that we know of.
Given the first fighters pass, I think we are going to see more heavy and surprise hitters. Maxwell just feels a bit out of place as much as I like him.
I could be wrong but I don’t know they are too Out there to both be in imo. And iirc maxwell has a bit of a complex rights system which may make it harder to grab him
Scribblenauts has been dormant for awhile. Maybe they're preparing to release a new one?

or he could be added as a DS era throwback, like Banjo was for the Nintendo 64. Other than maybe Layton or Phoenix, he's probably the best option

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Well guys that’s it diamond and pearl remakes are cancelled because everyone kept calling them.
Self fufulling prophesy.

People look for trends and fill in gaps. If we ended up with steve instead, we would still be doing the same dance.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Scribblenauts has been dormant for awhile. Maybe they're preparing to release a new one?

or he could be added as a DS era throwback, like Banjo was for the Nintendo 64. Other than maybe Layton or Phoenix, he's probably the best option
This is possible, we had scribblenauts showdown but that wasn’t really the same. A new game could be coming though and they add him.
Self fufulling prophesy.

People look for trends and fill in gaps. If we ended up with steve instead, we would still be doing the same dance.
Yeah this just isn’t how game desk works and that’s not what would have happened

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
This is possible, we had scribblenauts showdown but that wasn’t really the same. A new game could be coming though and they add him.

Yeah this just isn’t how game desk works and that’s not what would have happened
And believing every leak is the way it does? Not buying it.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Alright, I believe I could be spending my time much better somewhere else right now, so if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go play some Polished Crystal and try to get my team out of the in game Wonder Trade.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
And believing every leak is the way it does? Not buying it.
No one said you had to believe the new leak, we were saying you can’t discount the other actual leakers.
There isn’t much for this rumor right now but people were having fun discussing.

your free to an opinion, but when there’s actual facts backing people like verge and want not you can’t say it’s fake because that makes invalid when they have already been right 10 times over

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
The fact that this rumour has so much discussion already is hilarious to me
I mean, there's really been nothing interesting to speculate about in the past weeks, so I don't exactly blame them.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Leaks do not work in the way a lot of fans think they do. I really don't feel the need to go over the process again, but I'll put it this way:

Leaked:
Banjo-Kazooie
Hero
Basically the entire base roster newcomers except for Richter, K.Rool and Dark Samus

Did not leak:
Joker

In the middle:
Terry Bogard (as in, Nintendo technically leaked him themselves, with Vergeben later sharing his information)

Not yet leaked:
Fighter #5

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom