• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Tbh, I think Dragalia is the only Nintendo mobile game to get a crossover iirc (Could be wrong about this tho). And the 1st was from another Nintendo Mobile game.

Although I’m not super surprised to see 3rd Party crossovers here because Cygames (the other developer of DL) tends to do them a lot (just look at Granblue).

So while the possibility is still there, I don’t really think we’re gonna get too many crossovers in other Nintendo mobile games. But it definitely would be interesting to see.
Technically Animal Crossing had multiple crossover events with Hello Kitty, including Pocket Camp.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
who at GF thought version exclusive gyms were a good idea?
I can understand Version exclusive Pokemon
I kinda understand but not really vesion exclusive gym leaders but I dont understand version exclusive Gyms
It's different, but not in a bad way. Hopefully this will make the second version of the game feel like more of a new experience instead of them swapping the Legendaries and adding a few new wild Pokemon who I may or may not use.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Yep. Still do. Although I’ve been playing less than I used to.

Been busy with college and I’ve been spending more time on Smash and Dragalia Lost (still new to it) in terms of games.
Well I dont mean to brag but

There was a problem fetching the tweet

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Technically Animal Crossing had multiple crossover events with Hello Kitty, including Pocket Camp.
Completely forgot that Pocket Camp existed tbh lol.

But the Hello Kitty/AC crossovers seems like more of a series staple crossover than an indication for mobile crossovers.

So yeah, still don’t think they’re very likely, but would love to see Nintendo get creative and branch out to other companies for mobile

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Yep. Still do. Although I’ve been playing less than I used to.

Been busy with college and I’ve been spending more time on Smash and Dragalia Lost (still new to it) in terms of games.
Speaking of Dragalia, how do you feel about the new draconic Frieza/Dio raid boss? So far I'd say he's very fun (haven't done Nightmare yet though), but I'm curious how you feel about him.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Sure, but I don't see any Ubisoft character getting in before Rayman.

It's the one pattern I believe when it comes to Smash, companies put their mascots in first:
Snake, at least at the time, could be considered Konsmi's mascot
Sonic is Sega's
Mega Man is Capcom's (Ryu is Capcom USA's)
Pac-Man is Namco's
Cloud is Square Enix's
Terry is SNK's
Banjo is special, Master Chief is Microsft's mascot, but Banjo had the demand and history.
Atlus kind of breaks this since Joker is not their mascot. That belongs to Jack Frost I suppose. And you can't really say that since Sega owns Atlus it doesn't fit because, though them owning Atlus is true, Atlus is VERY much still their own entity. Still, mascots will always be high up on the list, but that doesn't mean Ezio can't get in before Rayman, Assassin's Creed is by far Ubisoft's biggest seller.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Tbh, I think Dragalia is the only Nintendo mobile game to get a crossover iirc (Could be wrong about this tho). And the 1st was from another Nintendo Mobile game.

Although I’m not super surprised to see 3rd Party crossovers here because Cygames (the other developer of DL) tends to do them a lot (just look at Granblue).

So while the possibility is still there, I don’t really think we’re gonna get too many crossovers in other Nintendo mobile games. But it definitely would be interesting to see.
I'm not expecting some as huge as that Dragila Lost thing but something at all would be cool.

There are some crossovers like Animal Crossing having items from other mobile games, Dragalia Lost × Fire Emblem Heroes, and I think Super Mario Run had some iirc.

Again, even a small thing for Dr. Mario would be nice.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Because DK64 can eat my *** with all the backtracking and over 3000 collectables
Well, it’s also DKC’s 25th. So either way, there really should be something Donkey Kong this year.

I’d love a DK64 Remake, but I’d also love a new 3D Donkey Kong or even just a new 2D platformer.

Besides, aren’t there like, 999 moons in Mario odyssey?

D

Deleted member

Righty, let's reveal the next AMAs, shall we?

'kay, so our first name for next week is....

And our second one is
If both are available and cool with it, expect their AMAs to be up next Sunday and Thursday respectively.

And if any of y'all aren't already on the list of upcoming AMA subjects and would like to be a part of one in the future, please let me know, and I'll add you.
HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP

MY TIME HAS COME.

LOL Thanks for letting me know. :)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well, it’s also DKC’s 25th. So either way, there really should be something Donkey Kong this year.

I’d love a DK64 Remake, but I’d also love a new 3D Donkey Kong or even just a new 2D platformer.

Under the condition Beaver Bother is removed. That mini-game was ******* broken having to play in twice in Creepy Castle. Whoever designed that mini-game I was a sadist. That mini-game turned me into a wreck when I was younger.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Still less than over 3000 and Odyssey is actually good, especially as you don't need to comb over every area 5 times

D

Deleted member

You don't have to Switch between 5 different characters to get all the collectibles in Odyssey.
I like DK64 but there are so many things about that game that are just objectively badly designed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Can’t wait for the uncensored DK rap.
He's the leader of the bunch, you know him well
He's finally back, to kick some ***
His coconut gun, can ****ing kill you
If he shoots ya, then HOLY ****
He's bigger, faster, and stronger too
He's the first member of the DK Crew
Huh!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Still less than over 3000 and Odyssey is actually good, especially as you don't need to comb over every area 5 times
I can’t speak to DK64’s quality. I don’t have an N64. But I can speak to the fact that a lot of people like it.

So I choose to echo something I get told a lot. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean it’s bad.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Well I dont mean to brag but

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Ah. Well done my friend. Well done. It ain’t easy getting all 10 Eternals + the costume.

Maybe I’ll get around to that within the next decade lol.

Speaking of Dragalia, how do you feel about the new draconic Frieza/Dio raid boss? So far I'd say he's very fun (haven't done Nightmare yet though), but I'm curious how you feel about him.
Actually have quite bit to say on Chronos:

Design-wise, I love it. I love it a lot. Both his Vyrn-looking small form (ah, classic Cygames reusing designs of older characters) and his true form are awesome.

Gameplay-wise, I’ve attempted up to EX (which I barely managed to survive) and had a blast with it (both literally and figuratively). I definitely ain't gonna attempt Nightmare tho (not enough Might).

And while I'm not a big Jojo guy, I am a big DB guy, so the Frieza references were super nice and very appreciated.

Won't comment on anything story-wise until I see the epilogue, but he's definitely an interesting dragon. So I'll save that for another post.

All-in-all, a pretty epic dragon for the 1st anniversary, especially compared to the other event ones we've gotten.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I can’t speak to DK64’s quality. I don’t have an N64. But I can speak to the fact that a lot of people like it.

So I choose to echo something I get told a lot. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean it’s bad.
Everyone who played DK64 agrees that Rare went ****ing overboard with cramming bull**** in there. The only good thing about that game is the trans rights stream of it

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Everyone who played DK64 agrees that Rare went ****ing overboard with cramming bull**** in there. The only good thing about that game is the trans rights stream of it
I have a hard time trusting your opinions on these games because you’ve stated multiple times how much you hate Rare’s platformers.

It’s like, you wouldn’t trust my opinions on objective design in Mario and Zelda games.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I have a hard time trusting your opinions on these games because you’ve stated multiple times how much you hate Rare’s platformers.

It’s like, you wouldn’t trust my opinions on objective design in Mario and Zelda games.
Yeah but you know who else agrees with me? Rare fans who played DK64
At least it doesn’t force you to use motion controls to use all the moves.
I'd rather have 'shake the controller to move a little faster' than 'explore large areas without a map 5 times' any day of the millenium

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
Hey guys, remember that Superpower Wikia where I posted over 1700 pages of powers? I am bringing this up because I am now an admin there. I am kinda nervous, but I am not just saying this because it happened, but if anyone has tips on being a good admin, I would appreciate it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah but you know who else agrees with me? Rare fans who played DK64

I'd rather have 'shake the controller to move a little faster' than 'explore large areas without a map 5 times' any day of the millenium
Can we just drop it. I don’t want to have this conversation anymore. I can’t convince you of anything considering i’ve never played the game. All i can say is that I know a lot of people like DK64. It’s not a unanimously hated game like what your insisting. And if people like something a lot, they’re gonna wanna celebrate it’s anniversary.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
No, she's right. As much as I love the game myself, for most people it's just way, way too much. Like double of Banjo-Tooie and even Banjo-Tooie felt a little overstuffed.

Still, I adore the game and feel like if you didnt have to backtrack to the character barrel every 5 seconds and could swap on the fly and didn't limit who could pick up each normal banana and only limit the golden bananas to certain characters, then the game would be fantastic. What I'm saying is: we need a remake of this game.
I feel like I'm not wanting this can of worms so yeah let's just keep those opinions to ourselves shall we?

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
No, she's right. As much as I love the game myself, for most people it's just way, way too much. Like double of Banjo-Tooie and even Banjo-Tooie felt a little overstuffed.

Still, I adore the game and feel like if you didnt have to backtrack to the character barrel every 5 seconds and could swap on thevfky and didn't limit who could pick up each normal banana and only limit the golden bananas to certain characters, then the game would be fantastic. What I'm saying is: we need a remake of this game.

I feel like I'm not wanting this can of worms so yeah let's just keep those opinions to ourselves shall we?
I agree with all of that. Except swapping characters on the fly. What would that even look like? The Kong’s don’t turn into each other.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Hey guys, remember that Superpower Wikia where I posted over 1700 pages of powers? I am bringing this up because I am now an admin there. I am kinda nervous, but I am not just saying this because it happened, but if anyone has tips on being a good admin, I would appreciate it.
Don't abuse your power. Pretty self explanatory, but it's always good to remember.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I think I was to young at the time for DK64 to really get mad at the character swapping. I just enjoyed it. Granted I like the smaller levels of Banjo 1, but DK64 did not bother me. I just enjoyed the collecting. That is the reason why I really enjoyed Yooka also and wish for more games in that genre.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I can't speak for myself, but my brother adores Rare.

Banjo Kazooie and Tooie are probably his favorite games of all time,

but yeah... He's got his fair share of issues with DK64.

He ain't a fan of the sheer multitude of collectibles and he feels it doesn't quite have the charm of the other 3D Rare Platformers

He still enjoys it, mind you, but not as much as their other games.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I love DK64, but I hate how the PAL version has a glitch that can make the game impossible to 101% unless you know how to avoid it. An it's really easy to trigger, too.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I can't speak for myself, but my brother adores Rare.

Banjo Kazooie and Tooie are probably his favorite games of all time,

but yeah... He's got a whole lotta issues with DK64.

He ain't a fan of the sheer multitude of collectibles and he feels it doesn't quite have the charm of the other 3D Rare Platformers
He is right though in his thoughts. It is still a fun game, but Rare had this issue of making things bigger and bigger, but not streamlined. so it felt bloated.

D

Deleted member

Oh no it's pretty bad, and this is coming from someone who likes DK 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom