• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Y'all enjoying the new season of AMA's so far?

Good, cuz we're just getting started

Ultomato Ultomato 's AMA is now up

Posting it a bit earlier in the day than usual due to timezone differences.

Also, the next two names have been drawn, and I'll reveal them shortly

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I remember the kraken one. That one was pretty well executed and created actually
If you're interesting. Here's a following list of ideal Lost Tapes episodes I came up with.

Lost Tapes: Arica Monster
Summary: Paleontologists in the Atacama Desert looking for fossils of new species' turns into survival when they find themselves to their surprise and shock being hunted by an live prehistoric creature.

Lost Tapes: Beast of Gevaudan
Summary: A couple goes to the France countryside to have a romantic getaway but it is soon interrupted when a large deadly beast begins to hunt them.

Lost Tapes: Bogeyman
Summary: The Enigma Corporation is sent in to investigate on what a boys mother at first thought was her son constantly suffering from nightmares only to find out its something more terrifying and real then they realize.

Lost Tapes: Brosno Dragon
Summary: A wildlife photographer goes to Lake Brosno to get pictures of the wildlife but soon its a matter of survival when a gigantic monster from the lake comes after him.

Lost Tapes: Bunyip
Summary: An Australian family purchases a lakeside summer home to begin spending their Summers there only for it to become a nightmare when a beast living in the lake thought to had only existed in the Aboriginal Dreamtime stories begins to hunt them.

Lost Tapes: Champ
Summary: Fishermen catches more then they bargain for when they capture and kill an strange infant animal from the lake only to face the wrath of its angry mother bent out on killing them.

Lost Tapes: Dragon
Summary: A group of friends go mountain climbing on a mountain in Europe only to later encounter a legendary winged beast thought to had only existed in myths living near the top.

Lost Tapes: Ghoul
Summary: Upon the death of a famous rich man who has been buried with his money and riches. A group of grave robbers decide to take it all for themselves only to encounter a mysterious humanoid creature that has a craving for flesh.

Lost Tapes: Giant Rats
Summary: Upon the purchase and reopening of an warehouse to be renovated. An animal exterminator is hired to deal with the rats only for things to make a deadly turn when he encounters bigger versions of the vermin.

Lost Tapes: Grassman
Summary: After the disappearance of multiple pets within the area. City officials are sent to find them only to find their search put to a halt when they enter the territory of a hairy humanoid supposedly the source of the disappearances.

Lost Tapes: Grey Alien
Summary: Two friends driving back home from work after a long night are suddenly abducted by mysterious beings with the intention of doing various tests on them. Luckily for them they manage to break themselves free but must still find a way to escape.

Lost Tapes: Griffin
Summary: A group of treasure hunters in Iran searches for a lost ancient and valuable treasure only to find it being guarded by a creature thought to had only existed in legends.

Lost Tapes: Kappa
Summary: Upon hearing the reports of a mysterious creature drowning people in Japan. The Enigma Corporation is called in to investigate.

Lost Tapes: Kasai Rex
Summary: A zoologist in Africa is studying the intelligence of elephants only to find himself being stalked and hunted by an ancient prehistoric predator.

Lost Tapes: Krampus
Summary: When their parents must work on Christmas Eve and gets their neglectful older sister to watch over them. Two misbehaved siblings takes advantage of this such as opening their presents only to face the consequences when a mysterious horned being begins terrorizing them.

Lost Tapes: La Llorona
Summary: The disappearances of children prompts the Mexican government to hire the Enigma Corporation to investigate eventually finding their search leading them to a local legend within the area.

Lost Tapes: Lernaean Hydra
Summary: University colleagues on a trip in Greece goes to Lerna to shoot a movie about the story of Heracles fighting the Lernaean Hydra only to realize that it maybe no myth at all.

Lost Tapes: Loch Ness Monster
Summary: A group of cryptozoologists decide to go to Loch Ness to try and prove the existence of the Loch Ness Monster only once they find the creature they learn that it doesn't like to be disturbed.

Lost Tapes: Loveland Frog
Summary: Two couples both on their first date goes on a double date into the rural area of Loveland, Ohio to have a romantic time only to soon find themselves being terrorized by strange beings.

Lost Tapes: Lusca
Summary: Enthusiast thrill seekers goes to the Blue Holes for cave diving to explore only for their fun to turn into a nightmare in the presence of an underwater predator that dwells there.

Lost Tapes: Mapinguari
Summary: Due to a series of unexplained animal attacks near a village in Brazil. The Enigma Corporation is hired to investigate.

Lost Tapes: Mega Bear (Short-faced bear)
Summary: What starts off as a fun camping trip in Yukon for a divorced father and his children becomes a deadly fight for survival when they find themselves being hunted by a prehistoric throwback to the Ice Age.

Lost Tapes: Mega Cat (Smilodon)
Summary: A vacation in South America between newlyweds and friends celebrating their marriage turns into survival when they find themselves being pursued by a long extinct carnivore.

Lost Tapes: Megalodon
Summary: Upon the announcement of a submarine capable of resisting high pressures keep in the ocean. A research team consisting of animal biologists are sent into the Mariana Trench to find and discover new species only to encounter a large ancient predator thought to had been extinct millions of years ago.

Lost Tapes: Minotaur
Summary: A trip to Crete turns into a nightmare for a group of friends when they decide to explore the labyrinth when what they thought was a legend proves to be all too real.

Lost Tapes: Montauk Monster
Summary: Two conspiracists trespasses onto Plum Island breaking into the facility to prove the Plum Island Animal Disease Center are indeed doing illegal tests on both animals and humans. They find their proof but now must escape when they find themselves being hunted down by the very test subjects that escaped from their containments.

Lost Tapes: Mummy
Summary: A tomb in the Great Pyramid of Giza is discovered containing the sacrophagus of a mummy and brought back to a museum for display but after the mysterious death of one of the security guards. The Enigma Corporation is called in to help.

Lost Tapes: Nandi Bear
Summary: What started out as a normal Safari for a tour guide and his tourists becomes a fight for survival when they all get stalked by an unknown predator.

Lost Tapes: Ogopogo
Summary: What began as a boat cruise on Lake Okanagan for tourists turns into horror when the ferry enters the territory of an all known lake monster by the locals.

Lost Tapes: Partridge Creek Monster
Summary: After an dispute between two friends of a local legend. One believing in it (Who also claims to be the great grandson of Tom Leemore, one of the original witnesses of the creature) while the other doesn't. Both decide to go to Partridge Creek to put it to an end only eventually to their horror soon finds themselves being hunted by the very creature they had sought.

Lost Tapes: Phantom Cat
Summary: A farmer and his wife in England are finding their livestock being killed by a mysterious predator every night only to realize soon on the next night they're the next meal.

Lost Tapes: Ropen
Summary: An expedition in Papua New Guinea in search of an unknown and mysterious tribe turns into horror for a group of explorers when they encounter a flying terror.

Lost Tapes: Sea Serpent
Summary: People have been disappearing off the coast of Spain. So the Enigma Corporation decides to find out why they are and soon finds out its the work of a monster thought to had only existed in sailors tales.

Lost Tapes: Sewer Alligator
Summary: Mutilated bodies of construction workers keeps popping up in the sewers of Manhattan leading to NYPD officers to investigate what they assume is the work of a serial killer only find out something more terrifying what was believed to had only been an urban legend.

Lost Tapes: Skunk Ape
Summary: Park rangers in Florida are hired to remove Burmese pythons and other invasive animal species from the Everglades but soon invasive species proves to be the least of their worries once they find themselves being terrorized by a large hairy foul-smelling humanoid.

Lost Tapes: Thetis Lake Monster
Summary: A father and son fishing trip turns into horror when they find themselves being terrorized by a humanoid creature living in the lake.

Lost Tapes: Vampire Beast
Summary: A group of friends along with one of their younger siblings goes out camping to have fun only for it to be turned to a nightmare when they happen to be in the hunting grounds of a mysterious predator.

Lost Tapes: Waheela
Summary: A research team in the Arctic are studying why global warming had been on the rise for the past few decades but soon their research is put aside when they find out they're being hunted down by a pack of large unknown predators.

Lost Tapes: Wampus Cat
Summary: A woman taking part in Cross country running on the Appalachian Trail finds herself being hunted by a mysterious predator.

Lost Tapes: Yowie
Summary: A University professor and his class of colleagues ventures into the Outbacks to study Aboriginal cave paintings dismissing the warnings from the local Aboriginals of a creature from the Dreamtime Stories said to inhabit the area they're going into. Soon enough their studies is put to the side when the very being they thought was nothing more then folklore proves to be all too real.

One of these I even wrote long ago. Lets just say I wasn't exactly the best writer though...:p

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8779894/1/Lost-Tapes-Season-4-Episode-1-Kasai-Rex

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yooka-Laylee’s reception was the game being beloved by Banjo fans and hated by the general press.
Banjo fans were very hit or miss on it for ****ing stupid design like the camera prepatch, how it didn't really change from Banjo to be it's own thing, how it didn't have the 'charm', etc. This is all stuff I saw from fans btw

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
SUBJECT CHANGE!!!!

New Mii Costumes you WANT.

I want Shovel Knight.
With Terry, I hope there's an Ikari Warriors outfit with both Ralf and Clark hats, as well as the outfit being wearable on both Brawlers and Gunners, referencing how they're in both shooters and fighting games.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Banjo fans were very hit or miss on it for ****ing stupid design like the camera prepatch, how it didn't really change from Banjo to be it's own thing, how it didn't have the 'charm', etc. This is all stuff I saw from fans btw
People payed for a game to be made that was basically banjo-threeie with the serial numbers filed off. How can they complain about it not having its own identity. That’s just hypocritical.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Pah giant kangaroos are the least of your worries when Australia also used to have territorial crocodiles known as quinkana, giant monitor lizards and an carnivorous marsupial known as the marsupial lion.

Did i forgot that Australia had the Zaglossus hacketti, a sheep-sized echidna.
I said you can keep it, I didnt order this food. This food scares me

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
People payed for a game to be made that was basically banjo-threeie with the serial numbers filed off. How can they complain about it not having its own identity. That’s just hypocritical.
When Playtonic themselves promised it'd have it's own identity it's a valid criticism. After all, Shovel Knight and Undertale ended up getting their own identities

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wasn't an incredibly common criticism of Yooka-Laylee that the levels were blandly designed and barren?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Define Transphobic. Are we talking the Transphobic speech of "Kill them all" or "I am not comfortable with them"
The spectrum is very large and people on the low end get thrown up to the top. More definition please.

---

SUBJECT CHANGE!!!!

New Mii Costumes you WANT.

I want Shovel Knight.
I think it was along the lines of "Trans Women aren't women", and "Something Something mental illness", and complaining that there's transgenders in the Smash community and yeah.

He got clowned on.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Righty, let's reveal the next AMAs, shall we?

'kay, so our first name for next week is....

And our second one is
If both are available and cool with it, expect their AMAs to be up next Sunday and Thursday respectively.

And if any of y'all aren't already on the list of upcoming AMA subjects and would like to be a part of one in the future, please let me know, and I'll add you.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I think it was along the lines of "Trans Women aren't women", and "Something Something mental illness", and complaining that there's transgenders in the Smash community and yeah.

He got clowned on.
And that he's only been harassing trans people and calling transwomen men in their faces because people are so mean to Daisy online

drag0nscythe

Smash Master

He got clowned on.
A difference in definition? I know lots of people who think strictly biology when discussing Gender. Not societal. When I discuss this with them, they immediately jump to biological definition. XX, XY. A Trans individual going from Male to Female would have a female Gender, but be biologically XY, and to them, that is male. They tend to have difficulty understanding the difference between the blueprints and the process.

Being a ****. That is not acceptable. If people are transitioning, should give them respect.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I think among my favorites of those ideal Lost Tapes episodes I came up with is the Mega Bear (Short-faced bear) one.

My ideal ending to it would be the father dying sacrificing himself (Telling them to keep running ahead of him) as they both children (Son and daughter) hide somewhere and hears his cries of agony as the bear proceeds to kill him (Who caught up to him).

It'd be told in the epilogue afterwards the bear had disappeared and the children left their hiding spot looking for a way out of the forest eventually coming upon another group of campers being helped brought back to their mother and reporting what had happened to their father. Their father's death would be attributed to an attack by an grizzly bear and a search party would go in search of said bear to kill it but it was never found however they found the father's body noticing the teeth and claw marks are much bigger then any grizzly they've ever seen.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Since were talking about posters how about sharing what we have in our room?
I know I'm late with this. Well, I don't actually have a lot of gaming an anime merchandise. I have an old Mewtwo Burger King figure, a Charmeleon, two old Mario and one old Luigi figure. Also this absolute unit of a plush Pikachu, which is probably 20 years old by now and various other Pokemon plushes which all should be around the same age. If it counts, I also have the special edition of the first Sakura Taisen game with all the stuff that came with it. And some amiibo and manga, though I don't think that really counts.

Lastly, I also have a Famicom + Disk System (including SMB2 and Joy Mech Fight) and F-Zero X + Expansion Kit, but no 64DD (yet), so...
DzbV_htWwAAX4Bc.jpg

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Apparantly it's memoryman but nothing's concrete here
Tabbender?

I know that ************, he's a **** and a half. Dude was nonstop trolling forums like he owned the place. Nice to know he's sunk even lower.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Apparantly it's memoryman but nothing's concrete here
Happened on the Banjo discord too. I missed it but it was a lot of the same **** being spammed apparently.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Tabbender?

I know that ************, he's a **** and a half. Dude was nonstop trolling forums like he owned the place. Nice to know he's sunk even lower.
Oh **** Will got beef

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Tabbender?

And we are sure it is memory man? If so, that is just sad.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh **** Will got beef
I banned him off a wiki when I was an admin there years ago because he kept being a poopyhead.

The year-ban has worn off since then but still.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh that’s why hats and clogs mentioned that ass hole earlier.

Honestly memory man should be completely erased from the internet wherever he goes online

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh that’s why hats and clogs mentioned that *** hole earlier.

Honestly memory man should be completely erased from the internet wherever he goes online
yeah but i didnt expect tabbender to ressurect from the grave to start doing this **** too

if memoryman is a disgrace to daisy fans, he's a disgrace to undertale fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom