• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I still want to argue that turn based gameplay is objectively bad gameplay. But I guess what your saying makes sense.
half of the games around are turn based

most real life games are turn based

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
My favourite Godzilla movie excluding Shin Godzilla and King Of The Monsters is really despised by the fans of the series for “hurting the reputation of the series to Aquaman levels”.

Yet I still love it because it has my favourite character from the whole series and is fun to watch from time to time.
Which one?

D

Deleted member

Because you’re not actually doing anything. Your just telling the game to do things for you.
When I press the square button, I'm not punching my enemies. I'm telling Batman to punch my enemies. Ergo, **** the Arkham series.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

DK 64 fails at efficiency. Whether you enjoy the game or not, your time will be wasted by this one design choice, and that is objectively bad.
Technically, aren't games just a waste of time at the end? Anyway that's something I personally disagree with as I never felt that my time was being wasted. The swapping never bothered me, there were always enough barrels so that swapping isn't an issue, except for maybe the toy factory.

Here's the thing though, a lot of people dislike the the choice, fair enough, but I don't think it's not enough to call something outright bad. Maybe it's not for you, that's fine, but that doesn't mean there aren't people who like it. I think it's just being blown way out of proportion. The game still has the usual Rare polish. It has a great soundtrack, controls well enough, not a glitchy mess, graphics are alright, the personality is there, etc.

Stuff like Sonic 06 is bad. Most movie tie-ins are bad. DK64, at worst, is mediocre. It does too many things right for it to be just dismissed as a bad game.

That's my take on it.

D

Deleted member

We are getting Marvel Legenda figures of Dan Slott’s Fantastic Four

046FC537-952D-4247-8D98-2BB86B58E876.jpeg

Really looking forward for these.

D

Deleted member

Technically, aren't games just a waste of time at the end? Anyway that's something I personally disagree with as I never felt that my time was being wasted. The swapping never bothered me, there were always enough barrels so that swapping isn't an issue, except for maybe the toy factory.

Here's the thing though, a lot of people dislike the the choice, fair enough, but I don't think it's not enough to call something outright bad. Maybe it's not for you, that's fine, but that doesn't mean there aren't people who like it. I think it's just being blown way out of proportion. The game still has the usual Rare polish. It has a great soundtrack, controls well enough, not a glitchy mess, graphics are alright, the personality is there, etc.

Stuff like Sonic 06 is bad. Most movie tie-ins are bad. DK64, at worst, is mediocre. It does too many things right for it to be just dismissed as a bad game.

That's my take on it.
You say it's fine, and it did work, but wouldn't be better and save more time for the player if we could switch Kongs wherever on the map? Especially without a dedicated run button like in Banjo Kazooie? Sonic 06 technically worked. You just had to learn the controls and physics engine for it to be playable. It is playable

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Technically, aren't games just a waste of time at the end?
Technically, isn't arguing and prolonging the existence of this debate, of by which you're not accepting your fate as the objective loser, a waste of time?

Checkmate, Socrates. Out of here with that moral questioning. :nifty:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Hey Snake have you ever heard of guilty pleasures? Media that isn't really good by any means but you enjoy it? Venom is a dumpster fire of a movie but I couldn't help but grin ans laugh at it the whole time for example
See also:
Kamen Rider

D

Deleted member

Technically, aren't games just a waste of time at the end?
And Will Will touched upon it, but let's not get into existentialism while discussing game design. **** gets real quick. Let's just say video games are not inherently a waste of time because I use video games to unwind after a busy day.

D

Deleted member

So, unrelated to DK64, but what would be a good game to get into Yu-Gi-Oh, preferable one that teaches you the rules as well? I'm feeling kinda nostalgic about it currently. Also preferably something that isn't too overwhelming with all those newfangled XYZ, Synchros, etc.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Half way through Leviathan (1989). Still holds up as the classic it is.

Gonna have to watch Deepstar Six and The Abyss as well. Its putting me in that mood.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So, unrelated to DK64, but what would be a good game to get into Yu-Gi-Oh, preferable one that teaches you the rules as well? I'm feeling kinda nostalgic about it currently. Also preferably something that isn't too overwhelming with all those newfangled XYZ, Synchros, etc.
1570137775925.png

It's like 30 or 40 bucks on the e-shop.

also it's super funny to see how the art style of the anime has changed over the past 20 years, they don't even have face lines anymore.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Because you’re not actually doing anything. Your just telling the game to do things for you.
tenor (2).gif

Isn't that what you do in all games? Push buttons to tell the game what to do?

I get where you're coming from but that's a bad way of putting it. Not liking micromanagement, menu scrolling, or having to use strategy over quick reflexes I can definitely understand.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Still curious how tomorrow's Pokémon 24 hour livestream is going to be handled.
what are we talking about

do you mean like, an actual 24-hour stream made by pokemon?

depends on if its solely focused on a specific type of pokemon brand or not. if it isn't, you could maybe get a solid amount of hours through game promotion, anime promotion, card promotion, merch promotion, maybe a tourney or two for the VG and TCG.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's just going to be 24 hours of developers reading Twitter complaints over SwSh and reacting/laughing at them.
what if national dex being removed was a prank the whole time and they just couldnt keep it in any longer

D

Deleted member

what if national dex being removed was a prank the whole time and they just couldnt keep it in any longer
24 hours of the developers saying each individual Pokemon is returning to Gen 8. It's gonna be wild.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
god I hope someone posts another unpopular opinion so that I can join all the people dogpiling onto it, I really just need my popular opinions reaffirmed right now

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The 24 hour livestream is just going to be the pokerap but with all 800 pokemon.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Still curious how tomorrow's Pokémon 24 hour livestream is going to be handled.
My best guess is that it'll be a 24 hour livestream of Pokemon randomly walking around in the background of the forest.

Occasionally, they might show us a new Pokemon or a returning Pokemon we weren't aware of.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Godzilla vs Megalon.
It's silly, but I like it. Most of the Showa era past the first film can't be taken too seriously.

The only thing that disappointed me about it was that it could never live up to this poster :laugh:

8c66a366-3234-4152-b6a8-0daa8b2bc241.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom