• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Literally once I am de-stressed enough (it’s been a hell of a week...and it’s only Wednesday) I am hoping to jump into doing my next Smashboards article, which is probably going to be argumentative for embracing 3rd party picks.

Or not. I don’t know.

Obviously nothing wrong with 1st parties, I just find that the “Smash bubble” really tries to fight back against 3rd party picks as if they’re the bane of their existence. Really, I think there are specific picks within the 3rd party ranks that get ridiculous amounts of backlash, and it’s silly.

Nevermind mention of particular characters, because even mentioning Tracer in a positive light has potential for starting an argument. I’m honestly surprised my mention of Assassin’s Creed the other day didn’t get people fired up.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Choose a character to join Super Smash Bros Ultimate for each of these companies!

View attachment 240578

My list:
Ok. PlatinumGames doesn’t really own any IPs. And Monolithsoft is owned by Nintendo now. So I’m disqualifying them. But for the rest...

Nintendo: Alex Roivas (Sternal Darkness)
Namco: Kazuya Mishima (Tekken)
SEGA: NiGHTS (NiGHTS Into Dreams)
Ubisoft: Rayman
Blizzard: Tracer (Overwatch)
Bethesda: everyone says DoomSlayer so I’m saying Vault Boy (Fallout)
Square Enix: Lara Croft (Tomb Raider) or Geno
Capcom: Dante (Devil May Cry
Sony: Kratos (God of War)
Microsoft: Rash (Battletoads)
SNK: Nakoruru (Samurai Shodown)
Atlus: Someone from SMT that’s not Demi-Fiend
Arc System Works: Billy and Jimmy Lee (Double Dragon)
Activision: Crash Bandicoot
Koi Tecmo: Ouse Kurosawa (Fatal Frame)
Konami: Bomberman
NRS/Midway/WB Games: George (Rampage)
Nipon Ichi Software: Lahral (Disgaea)
EA: Commander Shepard (Mass Effect)
Indie: Quote (Cave Story)
Nintendo: Rex w/ Pyra and Mythra
Bandai Namco: Wargreymon
Sega: NiGHTS
Ubisoft: I don't know. Rayman I guess.
Blizzard: Starcraft would be cool, because it's the only game I played from them
Bethesda: More like I never played these games.
Square Enix: Geno or Sora (with Disney)
Capcom: Viewtiful Joe
Sony: I don't know. I guess Kratos would be cool.
Microsoft: Uh... Master Chief
SNK: Marco from Metal Slugs
Atlus: Yu Narukami or maybe even Elizabeth
ARC: I dunno anything about these guys.
Activision: Space Invaders
KT: I'll take Hayabusa for his fans
Bomberman
BOMBERMAN
Platinum: I don't know a lot from these guys. I guess more Bayonetta characters?
Monolift: Aren't they just a part of Nintendo?
Netherrealm: There's really only one option is there?
NIS: Disgaea would be hella cool
EA: I know nothing from these people. Didn't know Plants vs. Zombies was part of them though.
Indie: Hat kid
Space Invaders is a Taito (ie Square Enix) franchise.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Don't see why that couldn't be Agumon's Final Smash which would be the most likely case.
I'm more into Digimon because of the wild evolutions. Agumon is just too tiny and weak-looking for me to want him. His evolutions though? Hell yeah.

Like would you rather have this?

Or this?

D

Deleted member

Choose a character to join Super Smash Bros Ultimate for each of these companies!

View attachment 240578

My list:
I’ll try
Nintendo: Byleth
Bandai Namco: Lloyd Irving
SEGA: Arel
Blizzard: someone from diablo
Bethesda: Doomslayer
Square Enix: Geno
Capcom: Leon Kennedy
Sony: pass
Microsoft: Steve
SNK: Marco
Atlus: Demi fiend
Arc System Works: sol badguy
Activision: crash bandicoot
Koei Tecmo: Ryu hayabusa
Konami: bill rizor
Platinum: idk
MONOLITHSOFT: elma
Netherrealm: pass
Nis: what’s that?
Ea: crazy dave (lol)
Indie: the indie darling and queen herself...SHANTAE!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 240578

My list:
Nintendo: Isaac
Namco: Heihachi
Sega: Arle Nadja
Blizzard: Tracer
Bethesda: Doom guy
Square-Enix: Geno
Capcom: Phoenix Wright
Sony: Parappa
SNK: Nakoruru
Atlus: Demi-Fiend
Arc Sys: Sol Badguy
Activision: Crash
Koei-Tecmo: Ryu Hayabusa
Platinum: 2B
Monolith: Rex/Pyra
NeatherRealm: Scorpion
N/A (I guess whoever you put)
EA: Crazy Dave (PvZ)
Indie: Reimu/Sans

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm more into Digimon because of the wild evolutions. Agumon is just too tiny and weak-looking for me to want him. His evolutions though? Hell yeah.

Like would you rather have this?

Or this?
Definitely the latter no doubt but lets be honest and real we'd be getting Agumon with Wargreymon likely being his Final Smash so it'd still be win-win since we'd get the latter in some form. Not trying to damper any hopes or anything.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

View attachment 240578

My list:
Nintendo: Rhythm Heaven rep
Namco: Heihachi
Sega: Segata Sanshiro
Blizzard: Tracer
Ubisoft: Just Dance Guy/Girl
Betheseda: Dovahkiin
Square Enix: Lara Croft
Capcom: Phoenix Wright
Sony: Parappa The Rapper
SNK: Marco
Atlus: Etrian Odyssey rep
ArcSystem Works: Billy/Jimmy
Activision: Crash Bandicoot
Koei Tecmo: Ryu Hayabusa
Konami: Frogger
Platinum: Akira Howard
Monolithsoft: Elma
WB(yeah.. Netherrealm's too basic, I'm just gonna do what Snakefighter did and just have WB in general so uh): Maxwell from Scribblenauts
sis: not sure
EA: Sim
Indie: Untitled Goose
I'll also add in a bonus with Valve: Gordon Freeman

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Definitely the latter no doubt but lets be honest and real we'd be getting Agumon with Wargreymon likely being his Final Smash so it'd still be win-win since we'd get the latter in some form. Not trying to damper any hopes or anything.
I wouldn't say that's a certainty. I mean, Agumon's evolutionary tree is off the wall bonkers. Digimon isn't like Pokemon where there's only three evolutions. I can see Sakurai taking advantage of this if Agumon or his other versions got in. The picture below isn't even all of his evolutions

Shroob

Sup?
People calling Blizzard “desperate” for wanting Tracer in Smash.

1) Who doesn’t want their character in Smash?
2) It wasn’t the same people answering the question.

I don’t know what Twitter or the internet has against Overwatch, but the constant negativity toward it is overly tacky and a bit obnoxious if you ask me. Just seems like “the cool thing to do”.

Tracer would be ****ing cool, and you can’t convince me otherwise.
Eh. For me I just don't like Overwatch.

Nothing against Blizzard or Tracer, but if you ask me, this comes down to something very similar to what happened during the SNK leak.

Some people were convinced that Samsho would get it, myself included until Verg.

Others wanted Metal Slug.

But at the end of the day, SNKs best known for their fighting games, so Terry is the logical choice.

If I were going to Blizzard, my chain of command would go

Warcraft > Starcraft > Overwatch > Diablo in that order.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Eh. For me I just don't like Overwatch.

Nothing against Blizzard or Tracer, but if you ask me, this comes down to something very similar to what happened during the SNK leak.

Some people were convinced that Samsho would get it, myself included until Verg.

Others wanted Metal Slug.

But at the end of the day, SNKs best known for their fighting games, so Terry is the logical choice.

If I were going to Blizzard, my chain of command would go

Warcraft > Starcraft > Overwatch > Diablo in that order.
So who’d be the Warcraft rep?

Graizen

Smash Champion
I wouldn't say that's a certainty. I mean, Agumon's evolutionary tree is off the wall bonkers. Digimon isn't like Pokemon where there's only three evolutions. I can see Sakurai taking advantage of this if Agumon or his other versions got in. The picture below isn't even all of his evolutions

They will for sure go for Agumon > Greymon > etc

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

View attachment 240578

My list:
Here's my list:
Nintendo: Bandana Dee (Kirby)

Namco: Amul (Dragon Spirit)

SEGA: Billy Hatcher (Billy Hatcher)

Ubisoft: Rayman (Rayman)

Blizzard: Tracer (Overwatch)

Bethesda: Cyberdemon (Doom)

Square Enix: Vivi Ornitier (Final Fantasy)

Capcom: Deviljho (Monster Hunter)

Sony: Long Mover (Hohokum)

Mircosoft: Ramdozer or either Backlash (Blast Corps)

SNK: Mai Shiranui (King of Fighters)

Atlus: Vincent (Catherine)

Arc System Works: Ragna The Bloodedge (Blazeblue)

Activision: Camo (Skylanders)

Koi Tecmo: Pass

Konami: Pyramid Head (Silent Hill)

NRS/Midway/WB Games: Maxwell (Scribblenauts)

Nipon Ichi Software: Prinny (Prinny)

EA: Crazy Dave (Plants V.S Zombies)

Indie: Isaac (Binding of Isaac)

Bonus: Heavy (Team Fortress)

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
...I don’t know who that is. My Warcraft knowledge is less than zilch.
Thrall lol.

He was the main character of the orc campaign in Warcraft 3 and was the Horde's warchief fir Vanilla WoW and its 2 most critically acclaimed expansions.

Then he became an uber shaman during Cataclysm and was dubbed "Green jesus" due to being ridiculously op + a literal 'rose from the dead' plotline.

D

Deleted member

Literally once I am de-stressed enough (it’s been a hell of a week...and it’s only Wednesday) I am hoping to jump into doing my next Smashboards article, which is probably going to be argumentative for embracing 3rd party picks.

Or not. I don’t know.

Obviously nothing wrong with 1st parties, I just find that the “Smash bubble” really tries to fight back against 3rd party picks as if they’re the bane of their existence. Really, I think there are specific picks within the 3rd party ranks that get ridiculous amounts of backlash, and it’s silly.

Nevermind mention of particular characters, because even mentioning Tracer in a positive light has potential for starting an argument. I’m honestly surprised my mention of Assassin’s Creed the other day didn’t get people fired up.
I guess as far as embracing 3rd parties go the reason many people don't is cause as we've seen so far people are afraid that Smash will move away from 1st parties almost entirely if not entirely and so Sakurai and Co. will never choose to add Dixie or Bandanna Dee, Isaac, Waluigi, Rex/Pyra, Etc. especially for this game if not the next being mostly 3rd party too.

And honestly? I can relate to that it's been a trend recently that Sakurai and co. purposefully ignored the remaining 1st party options for further 3rd party characters and while it's always a good thing to get Smash to be a bigger and better game that also means ignoring some people's favorite characters and in-turn not really being excited.

I'm not even justifying people being willfully ignorant on 3rd party characters but more so giving and stating the reason why I believe that to be the case and I can somewhat understand that as I would personally prefer my wanted characters over Tracer or Doom guy or whoever.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If Agumon got in. I think it'd be an unique approach to do something similar to:ultpokemontrainer:

Agumon's Down B could perhaps digivolve to Greymon, then MetalGreymon and then back to Agumon just like :ultsquirtle:>:ultivysaur:>:ultcharizard: with Wargreymon being his Final Smash.

Just an idea.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If Agumon got in. I think it'd be an unique approach to do something similar to:ultpokemontrainer:

Agumon's Down B could perhaps digivolve to Greymon, then MetalGreymon and then back to Agumon just like :ultsquirtle:>:ultivysaur:>:ultcharizard: with Metalgreymon being his Final Smash.

Just an idea.
Hell yeah. That's a great idea. Final Smash can be Omnimon and just wreck ****.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I wouldn't say that's a certainty. I mean, Agumon's evolutionary tree is off the wall bonkers. Digimon isn't like Pokemon where there's only three evolutions. I can see Sakurai taking advantage of this if Agumon do or his other versions got in. The picture below isn't even all of his evolutions

We probably would get Wargreymon since while Digimon lines aren't set, they do have an iconic line that they do gravitate to when advertising certain ones. In this case, Agumon's most iconic line would be Greymon>MetalGreymon>Wargreymon(>Omnimon) as that's the most well known, popular, and the most used across the franchise's history. So if Sakurai were to go for any he'd likely go for that set since he does prioritize what is the most iconic form of the character, and Agumon's Adventure line would definitely be that.

I will admit that I would like to see Machinedramon/Chaosdramon in some way though, I always loved that big robotic monster.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

View attachment 240578

My list:
To lazy to edit so
nintendo: Layton
Bandi Namco: Don-chan
Sega: Billy Hatcher
SE: Sora
Atlus: Idk, Yosuke Hanamura, I already have Joker so im happy there
ASW: Hibiki
NIS: Christo
capcom: Ammy

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Uh....... context plz? :yoshi:
I just saw someone eating a lollipop and was like, lollipops are probably the sexiest food. Sure, there’s other suggestive edible goods like hot dogs and bananas. But consuming most of them involves buying, and they look a little to close to the object in question. Lollipops look just enough like it but not enough that it’s gross, and you don’t have to bite it to eat it.

Lollipops are just, like, super sexy. They make me feel sexy.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Genres used to take big hits for sure, just look at the Fighting Game genre, but now there are so many people playing video games that nearly every single genre and franchise is sustainable so long as an audience has a draw to it. And it's especially easy to gain that audience now that, again, there's so many people playing games now.

Peopl made 3D platformers back in the day because that's what gamers were buying. The FPS took over last gen because thats what gamers were buying. Now individual groups of gamers are buying everything so it's much less likely for a genre to become stagnant or irrelevant.

If I had to make a guess though, the open world craze will be the next to go. And that sucks cause those are my jam.
That's a good point. Games have gotten vastly more popular now, and they were already huge.

Still, for Open World games, I'm not too huge into them unless the character has an interesting moveset and mobility. One of the reasons why I like Spider-Man games outside of me just being a fan of the character.

Shroob

Sup?
I dunno
I think some Smash characters need to feel the hatred of ten thousand years

Thrall, former Warchief of the Horde and one of the more prominent characters in Warcraft lore
We call him Green Jesus because that's basically what he is
Ya Illidan would be pretty dope ngl

Just Horde bias tho lol

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
That's a good point. Games have gotten vastly more popular now, and they were already huge.

Still, for Open World games, I'm not too huge into them unless the character has an interesting moveset and mobility. One of the reasons why I like Spider-Man games outside of me just being a fan of the character.
Breath of the Wild felt like something completely new even though it was an open world game so if publishers keep doing that, subverting the genre, and not following the Assassin's Creed and Grand Theft Auto formula it might never stagnate but we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom