• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I would love to try the Alpha Dream game Tomato Adventure (a GBA game before the M&L series)

To bad there's no fan translation for it...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There are parts of this video I fundamentally disagree with, and other parts that I think are spot on.

D

Deleted member

You dare defy the teachings of r/gaming?
You're completely wrong because r/gaming doesn't like anything that either came out after the N64 or doesn't have the word "Witcher" or "Cyber" in it's title.

Noipoi

Howdy!
You're completely wrong because r/gaming doesn't like anything that either came out after the N64 or doesn't have the word "Witcher" or "Cyber" in it's title.
Ah yes of course, forgive me.

Can’t forget their collective boner for Keanu Reeves, which was funny for five minutes and immediately became cultish.

D

Deleted member

Ah yes of course, forgive me.

Can’t forget their collective boner for Keanu Reeves, which was funny for five minutes and immediately became cultish.
I mean reddit in general has a collective boner for Keanu, which only now is starting to see some pushback.
He's a good person but if your only exposure to him was through reddit you'd think he were the next incarnation of Jesus.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
I know I'm really late on replying to you, but I went to bed a little bit after you posted it.
So, um, look at this lmao.
Basically that dragon's gimmick game-wise is literally changing forms via using a theoretical infinite amount of swords to make various weapons, ranging from spears to ****ing gatling guns(yes that's a thing)
Not bad, I must say. Pretty cool.

Say, mind if I show you all a song I think is perfect for Halloween?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Just found this old post concept on my laptop. Figured I'd finally post it.

"I love crossovers. I don’t know why, but seeing two worlds collide fills me with unfiltered joy. I also really like fighting games, and i tend to gravitate towards guest characters. So, I came up with an interesting idea. We make a fighting game that is all guest characters.

The characters would be suggested by fans using a system similar to LEGO Ideas. People can submit whatever character from whatever franchise, alongside a plan for how they would play. No OCs allowed. Then, other fans vote on it, ones who get up to 10,000 votes enter the review period. During this review period, the game devs review the concept, decide whether or not it is actually plausible, and find out if the actual license holder is willing to play ball. If the stars align, then the character is added to the game. Also, one character per franchise. (I.E. if Batman is added, then Superman becomes ineligible) The characters would be released via a seasonal model similar to Killer Instinct, one stage per character, until such time as the stage count becomes ridiculously huge.

What do you guys think. Would you invest in this? And who would you want to see in it? I could go on an on with possibilities. But for now, my vote will go to Beetlejuice. I just think he would be a cool fighting game character."

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Just found this old post concept on my laptop. Figured I'd finally post it.

"I love crossovers. I don’t know why, but seeing two worlds collide fills me with unfiltered joy. I also really like fighting games, and i tend to gravitate towards guest characters. So, I came up with an interesting idea. We make a fighting game that is all guest characters.

The characters would be suggested by fans using a system similar to LEGO Ideas. People can submit whatever character from whatever franchise, alongside a plan for how they would play. No OCs allowed. Then, other fans vote on it, ones who get up to 10,000 votes enter the review period. During this review period, the game devs review the concept, decide whether or not it is actually plausible, and find out if the actual license holder is willing to play ball. If the stars align, then the character is added to the game. Also, one character per franchise. (I.E. if Batman is added, then Superman becomes ineligible) The characters would be released via a seasonal model similar to Killer Instinct, one stage per character, until such time as the stage count becomes ridiculously huge.

What do you guys think. Would you invest in this? And who would you want to see in it? I could go on an on with possibilities. But for now, my vote will go to Beetlejuice. I just think he would be a cool fighting game character."
If you ever watch Internet Historian on YouTube, you would know how giving the internet a vote on ANYTHING can and does go awry. :yoshi:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There are parts of this video I fundamentally disagree with, and other parts that I think are spot on.
Not a bad video but felt that his whole point of "I'm a Metroid fan but I dont feel compelled to play Smash just because Samus is playable" (which is a fair opinion) kept being repeated quite a lot.

I think a lot of the issues have been talked a lot like the cast, gameplay mechanics and the dude makes good points regarding them.

That said his complaints about realistic characters was a bit overblown, the mishmash of characters can be done right as long as the characters are designed to mesh with one another which was one of the things PSASBR lacked but Smash makes them mesh very well.

Ultimately, that game main issue can be seen as inexperienced developers tackling a project that was way too big for them and Sony not caring enough about the project to make sure it was satisfying to the Playstation fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom