• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
im honesty suprized DQXI S sold that much in Japan considering it already came out on ps4
yeah but it's the switch

i guarantee you if they ever actually ported the real FFXV i guarantee you sales would skyrocket

but no we have HD Mobile Port which is just terrible and questioning why we have it brings me to my knees every time

D

Deleted member

"I'm a Metroid fan but I dont feel compelled to play Smash just because Samus is playable"
Add the DQ8 Hero, Ridley and Dark Samus to that sentence and the exact opposite kinda applies to me.

I just love to see my favourite characters of gaming facing up against literally any kind of opponent no matter how different they feel from one to another.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Add the DQ8 Hero, Ridley and Dark Samus to that sentence and the exact opposite kinda applies to me.

I just love to see my favourite characters of gaming facing up against literally any kind of opponent no matter how different they feel from one to another.
Likewise, if Smash didn't include my boi like the first Smash Flash game did, I'd burn it in effigy :yoshi:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Likewise, if Smash didn't include my boi like the first Smash Flash game did, I'd burn it in effigy :yoshi:
wasn't yoshi speculated to not be in smash 4 because he didn't show up until like, as one of the last reveals of the game

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So what more characters could they also add to Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled? There are still three characters from other racing games that aren't in it (Velo's robot form, Ebenezer Von Clutch, & Yaya Panda). Others I can think of are Fasty & Koala Kong.

But I can't think of more due to I have no knowledge on Crash games after The Wrath of Cortex.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
"Speculated" in massive quotations...
i mean it was more jigglypuff being speculated because everyone wanted a reason to kick jigglypuff out but didn't have a proper reason for it other than "w-w-waste of a slot!!! it's gonna be geno for sure!"

oh man, those were the days

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So what more characters could they also add to Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled? There are still three characters from other racing games that aren't in it (Velo's robot form, Ebenezer Von Clutch, & Yaya Panda). Others I can think of are Fasty & Koala Kong.

But I can't think of more due to I have no knowledge on Crash games after The Wrath of Cortex.
Nathan Drake.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Not a bad video but felt that his whole point of "I'm a Metroid fan but I dont feel compelled to play Smash just because Samus is playable" (which is a fair opinion) kept being repeated quite a lot.

I think a lot of the issues have been talked a lot like the cast, gameplay mechanics and the dude makes good points regarding them.

That said his complaints about realistic characters was a bit overblown, the mishmash of characters can be done right as long as the characters are designed to mesh with one another which was one of the things PSASBR lacked but Smash makes them mesh very well.

Ultimately, that game main issue can be seen as inexperienced developers tackling a project that was way too big for them and Sony not caring enough about the project to make sure it was satisfying to the Playstation fans.
I really wish people were still open to the concept and Sony was able to try again. But instead the whole idea was killed.

And these days Sony doesn’t even seem interested in making games for their legacy IPs. Let alone celebrating their history.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I agree, what's not fair is that Yoshi hasn't gotten a 2nd rep in previous Smash games while Fire Emblem wasted their slots on swords. I hate that the Kirby series has no modern representation cause of Sakurai's Super Star bias, for example like a new stage from Triple Deluxe, Robobot or Star Allies, even Bandana Dee as a newcomer would make me happy. i don't want to be offensive though.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I agree, what's not fair is that Yoshi doesn't have a 2nd rep while Fire Emblem wasted their slots on swords.
are we back in 2014 where we blamed fire emblem for everything bad again

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I still want a “Naughty Dog Museum” Grand Prix with Jak and Daxter, Nathan Drake, and Joel and Ellie. Plus some of their pre-Crash franchises like Keef the Theif and Way of the Warrior. And the track is a museum that goes through the eras of Naughty Dogs games. Obviously it’s PS4 Exclusive.

D

Deleted member

I hate that the Kirby series has no modern representation cause of Sakurai's Super Star bias, for example like a new stage from Triple Deluxe, Robobot or Star Allies, even Bandana Dee as a newcomer would make me happy.
TBF, all I ever needed was CROWNED and Moonlight Blossom in Smash. Pretty satisfied with that.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'd like that too.

I don't want anymore remakes.
yeah i think the remake industry needs another 5 years before games that came out in 2010 "deserve" remasters

you know people are gonna be begging for sunshine HD

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What do you think would be the best way to bring back Cynder?
I used to be gunning for a “Spyro Generations” game that crossed over classic, legends, and Skylanders, as all three franchises have legit fan bases. Still think it would be cool. But Activision is clearly just gonna focus in on and pander to classic fans exclusively from here in out.

What I don’t want is for them to make a bastardized and dumbed down version of Cynder for the classic series. Just remaster the legends games and use her in crossover stuff.

I prefer Legends to classic. Especially now that I’ve played and completed both trilogies.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Bait all the furries with a tease Not much different from how she was introduced before, though maybe a little less dramatic :yoshi:
Nah man. The drama and story is what made Legends so good!

Seriously. Just remaster the games and leave the trilogy be. Don’t mess it up in an attempt to pander to classic fans.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Bait all the furries with a tease Not much different from how she was introduced before, though maybe a little less dramatic :yoshi:
I meant with a future release, like a remake of the Legends series or a new game or spinoff or what?

And how should they handle her character? I haven’t played the games but I’ve seen some footage before and starting to look into them again, from what I can tell she’s basically a different character in each game.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I meant with a future release, like a remake of the Legends series or a new game or spinoff or what?

And how should they handle her character? I haven’t played the games but I’ve seen some footage before and starting to look into them again, from what I can tell she’s basically a different character in each game.
I mean, you know how I feel.

Cynder is an interesting character. She was corrupted and brainwashed by Malefor for her entire life, twisting her very body. She has a dark history, that she feels responsible for. And she’s trying to atone for it, even if people won’t let her.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
People calling Blizzard “desperate” for wanting Tracer in Smash.

1) Who doesn’t want their character in Smash?
2) It wasn’t the same people answering the question.

I don’t know what Twitter or the internet has against Overwatch, but the constant negativity toward it is overly tacky and a bit obnoxious if you ask me. Just seems like “the cool thing to do”.

Tracer would be ****ing cool, and you can’t convince me otherwise.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

I don’t know what Twitter or the internet has against Overwatch, but the constant negativity toward it overly tacky and a bit obnoxious if you ask me. Just seems like “the cool thing to do”.

1.) Tracer's my favorite Overwatch character
2.) I love Overwatch
3.) Twitter is filled with toxic a-holes. Screw that site.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’ve heard a lot of people say the writing and characterization was pretty weak.
Well those people are just wrong. It’s super tight.

And I refuse to qualify that opinion with something like “it’s for kids” or “it’s good for a Spyro game”. No. Those games stories and lore and characters are all amazing. Way better than classic. They actually put thought into the world and how it worked instead of just slapping together a bunch of random level concepts. There were races, and cultures, and beautiful environments. Ah. I could just gush.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don’t know what Twitter or the internet has against Overwatch, but the constant negativity toward it overly tacky and a bit obnoxious if you ask me. Just seems like “the cool thing to do”.

But it's not my character so

Graizen

Smash Champion
Choose a character to join Super Smash Bros Ultimate for each of these companies!

BaseSmash.jpg

My list:
SmashOnes.jpg

D

Deleted member

Choose a character to join Super Smash Bros Ultimate for each of these companies!

View attachment 240578

My list:
Nintendo: Rex w/ Pyra and Mythra
Bandai Namco: Wargreymon
Sega: NiGHTS
Ubisoft: I don't know. Rayman I guess.
Blizzard: Starcraft would be cool, because it's the only game I played from them
Bethesda: More like I never played these games.
Square Enix: Geno or Sora (with Disney)
Capcom: Viewtiful Joe
Sony: I don't know. I guess Kratos would be cool.
Microsoft: Uh... Master Chief
SNK: Marco from Metal Slugs
Atlus: Yu Narukami or maybe even Elizabeth
ARC: I dunno anything about these guys.
Activision: Space Invaders
KT: I'll take Hayabusa for his fans
Konami: Bomberman
Bomberman
BOMBERMAN
Platinum: I don't know a lot from these guys. I guess more Bayonetta characters?
Monolift: Aren't they just a part of Nintendo?
Netherrealm: There's really only one option is there?
NIS: Disgaea would be hella cool
EA: I know nothing from these people. Didn't know Plants vs. Zombies was part of them though.
Indie: Hat kid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom