• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Little Bear pff

He is a huge Laberdoodle.
Has herditary seizures, has Addisons disease. Has to take pills for both of those. has to get blood work and tests done ever month. You could imagine how much he costs Plus the fact my mom tripped over him twice
Sorry to hear that.

I know the feeling of having to put down a beloved pet fairly well, and it's definitely not easy. At least he'll be free of his suffering in Heaven.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Thats probably what they are going to fo, give him to a shelty but no one is going to adopt a chronicly ill dog that has to live off of pills
That's the tricky part. Not many people adopt older dogs and cats as it is. Same with children. Most that do want them young for the full parental/pet owner experience I guess. But that just means so a lot of others get left behind to extent. And that's if you even want to adopt in the first place.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Its hard but sometimes, its the best thing to do in the long run

Psh, who care about my problems, to be honest. I aint to popular one in this thread, no one cares
Well. We can only empathize really. Not much else then that. And peoples problems are not based on popularity. Everyones problems are their own and will be listened to if requested. But that is al up to
Thats probably what they are going to fo, give him to a shelty but no one is going to adopt a chronicly ill dog that has to live off of pills. This dog just costs way to much
Not many people will. That is true. That is why it is best to think about the dog. Are you really attached to him? It sounds like it. I am sorry to hear about him. Remember the best times.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
That's the tricky part. Not many people adopt older dogs and cats as it is. Same with children. Most that do want them young for the full parental/pet owner experience I guess. But that just means so a lot of others get left behind to extent. And that's if you even want to adopt in the first place.
oh, what Im.talking about is that stuff will HAVE. to be told to people who want to adopt him and once peeps hear how much he wpuld have to cost and the amount of time needed just watching him, most will probably say no.

I dont really feel much because I knew we had to get rid of him someday. it was only a matter of time

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
oh, what Im.talking about is that stuff will HAVE. to be told to people who want to adopt him and once peeps hear how much he wpuld have to cost and the amount of time needed just watching him, most will probably say no.

I dont really feel much because I knew we had to get rid of him someday. it was only a matter of time
I would be up front on the information. And you never know. I know people that have taken in difficult dogs before. It all depends. But being realistic is a good thing.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Not many people will. That is true. That is why it is best to think about the dog. Are you really attached to him? It sounds like it. I am sorry to hear about him. Remember the best times.
well I was thr one in charge of giving him his daily medicine so I guess I had no choice but get attached pff

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

That's also a good point. The cost of up keeping a sick pet would also turn people off.

I can only hope the situation is handled in the best way possible.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
well I was thr one in charge of giving him his daily medicine so I guess I had no choice but get attached pff
I can only provide anecdotes. But I had a difficult pet. I loved him to death. But when the time came for me to do what was right, for him. I faltered. Think of what is best for him. That is all I can say. And I wish you luck.

see, the thing about this dog is his seizures can happen anytime even when he has had his seizure pills so really, You take time out of your day because you gotta make sure you are there for when amd if one happens
I am a third party here. But it sounds like his quality of life is low.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I can only provide anecdotes. But I had a difficult pet. I loved him to death. But when the time came for me to do what was right, for him. I faltered. Think of what is best for him. That is all I can say. And I wish you luck.

I mean, Its my.moms dog, She would have to decide what is best for him but my dad and by extention, me, have been the ones taking care of it. Everything is up to her.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
No. It is because of his games and what he stands for. The whole "Real Gamer" garbage started with Ninja Gaiden on the Xbox. Xbox was around when gaming hit the masses and Ninja Gaiden was that gens Dark souls. Only real gamers play Ninja Gaiden. The creator was a **** and he made a fanbase of *****.

Now we have this whole "real gamer" movement that comes and goes, but is frustrating because a real game is not a person "likes hard games."
Technically the "real gamer" movement started with Mortal Kombat whose fans were often quoted as saying Street Fighter was a game for children and some other derogatory terms I won't mention, ironically, because it didn't have the over the top violence MK did. Trust me that **** was annoying but I got over it and learned to love both franchises.

You can't really boil down a toxic fanbase because of its games though, if you pay attention to just about any fanbase your perception of a game can become askew. Just look no further than Smash for an easy example.
I also find him bland,
For the record his first game is heralded as the first NES game with an actual decent story and his character evolved throughout the original Trilogy. I'll give you that the reboots story is absolutely scatterbrained.
I don't really get how the first Video Game Ninja can be seen as Cliche but that's fine. I can respect this because he does seem pretty stoic from first glance and that can be considered cliche I guess.
and his games were bad.
That's incredibly subjective but if you don't like them that's cool with me.
I like DOA and have some respect for Ryu in that series, but if we go with that series, might as well go with what the series stood for. And that is Kasumi.
This is the part I don't get, to be honest. You hate Hayabusa for being bland, something that Kasumi is often known for for just being the same character throughout all 5 games and is "generic heroine" material which is fine but not all compelling, cliche, which the "generic heroine" can also explain that, and you hate the Ninja Gaiden games themselves; but not the NES era games just the new ones, because the Director was an ass hat, but approve of his passion project in which his goal was to fetishize the fighting game genre.

I like Kasumi too, mind you, I'm a big fan of the DOA games, especially 3 and 5 but some of your points towards Hayabusa kinda seems hypocritical as much as I hate that word.

I do think Kasumi is a great choice for a rep of DoA but for all of Koei-Tecmo I feel like we should aim for the legacy side of the company and call back to the work that Team Ninja did to save Tecmo and their work since despite Itagaki being the way he... was.

Of course, your absolutely entitled to your opinion and I can see where your coming from on most of them but that last one just really throws me off.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I mean, Its my.moms dog, She would have to decide what is best for him but my dad and by extention, me, have been the ones taking care of it. Everything is up to her.
That is a very tough position. So if you two are taking care of it, why does she feel the need to let him go?

Technically the "real gamer" movement started with Mortal Kombat whose fans were often quoted as saying Street Fighter was a game for children and some other derogatory terms I won't mention, ironically, because it didn't have the over the top violence MK did. Trust me that **** was annoying but I got over it and learned to love both franchises.

You can't really boil down a toxic fanbase because of its games though, if you pay attention to just about any fanbase your perception of a game can become askew. Just look no further than Smash for an easy example.

For the record his first game is heralded as the first NES game with an actual decent story and his character evolved throughout the original Trilogy. I'll give you that the reboots story is absolutely scatterbrained.

I don't really get how the first Video Game Ninja can be seen as Cliche but that's fine. I can respect this because he does seem pretty stoic from first glance and that can be considered cliche I guess.

That's incredibly subjective but if you don't like them that's cool with me.

This is the part I don't get, to be honest. You hate Hayabusa for being bland, something that Kasumi is often known for for just being the same character throughout all 5 games and is "generic heroine" material which is fine but not all compelling, cliche, which the "generic heroine" can also explain that, and you hate the Ninja Gaiden games themselves; but not the NES era games just the new ones, because the Director was an *** hat, but approve of his passion project in which his goal was to fetishize the fighting game genre.

I like Kasumi too, mind you, I'm a big fan of the DOA games, especially 3 and 5 but some of your points towards Hayabusa kinda seems hypocritical as much as I hate that word.

I do think Kasumi is a great choice for a rep of DoA but for all of Koei-Tecmo I feel like we should aim for the legacy side of the company and call back to the work that Team Ninja did to save Tecmo and their work since despite Itagaki being the way he... was.

Of course, your absolutely entitled to your opinion and I can see where your coming from on most of them but that last one just really throws me off.
I liked DOA1 and DOA2. I never played any afterwards. I dropped him when he moved to Xbox. Some of the points may be hypocritical, but it is generally how I feel about the character. Hard to explain more then that.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
No lies detected, its abysmal
That is a very tough position. So if you two are taking care of it, why does she feel the need to let him go?
because shes already disabled so she doesnt have the money to spend on his shots and pills and since my dad has been the one taking care of him, his shots and pills, he also cant afford to pay for him now, and me and my siser surely dont have the money to take care of him

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
No lies detected, its abysmal

because shes already disabled so she doesnt have the money to spend on his shots and pills and since my dad has been the one taking care of him, his shots and pills, he also cant afford to pay for him now, and me and my siser surely dont have the money to take care of him
From everything (and note I am not really capable of giving legal advice), my opinion (of a third party) is that there is a lot of love for the dog, but the quality of life for him is low. Thinking of the dog, it is best he is put to sleep humanly and remembered fondly. That is what I have had to do with many of my pets. It sucks, but that seems to be the right thing (IMO).

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
well whatever. yall probsy wont see me for a few days. I dont know. yall probably wont see me.ever again. This stess pushed me to the edge and I cant take it anymore, yadda yadda

night
Have a good night. And no. It was not a problem or a bother. I appreciate your willingness to confide in us. I wish you luck and peace.

---

anyhoo. I am going to bed also. laters.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh gosh, I think I didn't reply to this...had been distracted by a lot of things...plus the fact I might be developing carpal tunnel syndrome (took a break, and stuff). It's great! You put the scary/dark factor in it, in a simple yet effective way. Doing stuff like that, no matter how simple or detailed, helps just to clear your mind and give space to more ideas.
Thank you alot for saying this on my drawing.^^

Also, no problem on it being late, better late than never as they say, and I hope you recover well. Carpal tunnel syndrome sound horrible for a artist from what I seen.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Remember that Mario Odyssey sequel i was talking about? Well i will be explaining all of this.
-Yoshi has a higher jump and faster speed.

-While Yoshi doesn't have a hat friend like Cappy, he is accompanied by Wanda the fairy. (First appeared in Mario & Wario, Japanese only.)

-Yoshi can use his tongue to latch on walls to jump and swing around. (This is from the previous game.)

-Ability to throw Eggs and do Yoshi’s Egg Roll, (from Smash Bros.) as well his Flutter Jump.

-Yoshi can run on water for 3.8 seconds.

-Instead of a hat ship. Yoshi’s transportation is a train called the “Journeyer” which is bigger than the Odyssey.

-Some kingdoms return taking place in a different location with new bosses.

-Bosses have health bars instead of 3 hits and get different attacks or patterns. (The 3 hits thing is boring me to death.)

-Brochures which give information and maps about each kingdom are not given to Yoshi away when in a kingdom you must buy those at a Crazy Cap Store.

-The Kingdoms in this are bigger than the Mario Odyssey and they are fleshed out instead of being a floating island.

-There are harder Power Moons to collect which are tricky to get and requires strategy and patience.

-I will be using some of the cut content from the Odyssey art book.

-While Yoshi doesn’t have the ability to Capture, he can ride larger enemies like the T-Rex.
Pirate (Mario Party 2)
Cowboy (Mario Party 2)
Astronaut (Mario Party 2)
Explorer (Mario Party 2)
Wizard (Mario Party 2)
Dino-Rider (from the episode Born to Ride, from the Super Mario World animated cartoon.)
Yarn (Woolly World)
Classic (Super Mario World)
64 (Mario 64)
Crafted (Crafted World)
Striker Outfit (Mario Strikers)
Beta (Yoshi's original design)
Fat Yosh (Mario RPG, the meme everyone loves.)
Biker Yoshi.jpg
O h g o d n o....jpg

(What Biker Yoshi and his Beta design looks like if you don't know.)
Walk-Slowly move :GCN:
Run-:GCU:
Crawl-:GCZ: then move around with:GCN:
Jump-:GCA:
Double-:GCA::GCA:
Triple Jump-:GCA::GCA::GCA:
Flutter Jump-Press the :GCA: and hold it.
Tongue-:GCB: (Yoshi can drag around any objects.)
Tongue Wall Jump-Press :GCB: when near a wall to jump.
Tongue Swing-Press :GCB: at a ceiling or wall and move :GCN: to swing around.
Tongue Spin-Press :GCB: at an object and spin the :GCN: around fast. (This is useful for clearing out large groups of enemies.)
Egg Throw-Hold :GCLT: and tilt the :GCN: around, letting go will have Yoshi throw it.
Egg Roll-Hold :GCX:to speed up the egg, and let go of it with moving the egg around with the :GCN: stick.
more coming soon.

It's still under construction, but let me know what you want to add and i will put it in.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I finally found the version of "Nardis" that was sampled in Madvillainy's Raid. One of my favorite rap songs.

It was the opening piano bit that was sampled. The rest of the song sampled a Latin Jazz group.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Everyone's asleep, time to post one of Cryophase's cursed ideas:
If someone told me I'd see Giraffe Dark Samus at 3 in the morning, I'd say, "Not the strangest thing I've seen, but you're still a liar." But here we are.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Welp. I should've stayed up a bit longer since I sort of went to bed almost immediately after eating 3 whole slices of pizza and now it's 3 AM.

Granted I do need the fat so I can turn it into muscle but it still seems like a lot and I'm not sure I'll be running today ugh

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Imagine fighting these as bosses. (with their own boss subtitles.)
gnkwjw1y40y11.png

Tuba Man, Champion of Brass.
---------------------------------------
ra35bg6sr9q21.png

Fatty Knight, Thicc Borb (Either defeat him or befriend him.)

1632247561_preview_20180218212127_1s.jpg

Thomas Army, Eldritch Locomotives
-----------------------------------------
trevorhenderson_40170127_855800164808888_3724623442222240859_n-819x1024.jpg

Siren Head, Wailing Terror
agXeQMW_700b.jpg

Mister Meow, Ungodly Feline
Might do another of this soon, but with different bosses.
If you were to fight 1 of these, who would you pick?

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I think this avatar fits the season. A spooked black kitty.

Anyone who knows where it's from gets a cookie.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Everyone's asleep, time to post one of Cryophase's cursed ideas:

Since I repeatedly refer to myself as a giraffe and Metroid Prime is my favourite game, this image is the definition of blessed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom