• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Welp

Because of my incredibly strange upbringing, I have an insurmountable fear of not belonging. I have a compulsive need to agree with the crowd. Of course I have some semblance of original thought, obviously, but still. It’s my greatest weakness. It’s why I get so panicked if I feel like I’ve upset someone, I feel like everyone’s going to single me out and abandon me or something. Every time is say I don’t care what people think about me it’s a huge damn lie. And I know this is incredibly, ridiculously silly. But being what feels like the only guy who’s okay with gen 8 while everyone else is vastly more upset is pressing all my buttons.

Pokémon is my absolute favorite game series. For most people it’s just another game to play, not me. It’s got me through the hardest times, every release is the highlight of my year. It just means so much to me, you wouldn’t even begin to understand if I explained it in detail. And I’m not saying it shouldn’t be criticized, but I don’t share those criticisms. And not agreeing with people is starting to bother me.

Like I said, this is super duper stupid. But I can’t help it, all I can think of is how I don’t share the same opinions as everyone else. How different that makes me, how much I stand out, how “not” part of the crowd I am.

I’m not asking anyone to stop arguing about Pokémon. That’d be selfish, talk about it all you want. But I can’t be here for it.

Intentionally or not I’ve used this website as a crutch. Here I’m the cool guy, everyone likes the Noipoi! For the first time in my life everyone agrees with me!! It’s an overwhelming feeling for someone like me. And disagreeing on something so important to me is messing me up. It’s not very healthy to emotionally rely on a message board or a video game. I need to try and get that in order.

I need to make efforts to get a life, instead of just sitting on my *** and soaking up your validation until the end of time.

I probably need a lot of therapy.
These are very common thoughts. It isn't just you. I actually feel like an outcast on here a lot, and it's pretty much always been a fear of mine. Regardless, I do suggest talking to someone. It's helped me a lot. I see a lot of people tell you that they're open to talk, but I've never seen you actually take up that offer. I suggest trying it. Who knows? It might help a lot.

How would you feel about Commander Shepard in Smash? On one hand Mass Effect is iconic as heck. On the other hand, it would be giving money to EA.
I don't see what's wrong with giving EA money. Those people work hard, they deserve it.

osby

Smash Obsessed
How would you feel about Commander Shepard in Smash? On one hand Mass Effect is iconic as heck. On the other hand, it would be giving money to EA.
They seem like generic action heroes and I know literally nothing about Mass Effect, so... nothing?

D

Deleted member

Rare Candies are more useful post-story then they are pre-story.
Not at all when Chansey, Blissey and Audino exists. Couple that with a Lucky Egg and EXP O-Power (or the Rotom version) and it beats Rare Candies effortlessly. Gaining a single level just doesn't cut it anymore.

D

Deleted member

Well, remember the Crystal randomizer I mentioned? First hiker in Union Cave has a 17 Ho-oh. Nice.

D

Deleted member

I honestly feel similar to Noipoi Noipoi around Discord and the Crash support thread at times as someone who likes CTR NF a lot.

It is honestly really hard to be around those places nowadays because most people can really get on you for saying anything positive about the game.

What I do to fight those situations back? Well, I just tend to get on PMs with people who are way cooler with me in regards to that game both on this site and Discord. And honestly, I would really offer myself up to be all ears towards you regarding anything involving Sword & Shield.

And you can also feel free to ask me about telling anything regarding the games to my friend from Madrid who deeply loves Pokémon, since he is looking forward to picking SwSh too and will likely be cool about talking peacefully about it with anyone.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Not at all when Chansey, Blissey and Audino exists. Couple that with a Lucky Egg and EXP O-Power (or the Rotom version) and it beats Rare Candies effortlessly. Gaining a single level just doesn't cut it anymore.
Yeah you're right. Better just leave it in the bag.

Noipoi

Howdy!
These are very common thoughts. It isn't just you. I actually feel like an outcast on here a lot, and it's pretty much always been a fear of mine. Regardless, I do suggest talking to someone. It's helped me a lot. I see a lot of people tell you that they're open to talk, but I've never seen you actually take up that offer. I suggest trying it. Who knows? It might help a lot.

I don't see what's wrong with giving EA money. Those people work hard, they deserve it.
My insecurities are big stupid though. I don’t wanna bother anyone.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Fortunately I'm not that invested in Pokemon anymore so I'm completely neutral on the SwSh drama :p

But for real, things can get a bit too tense sometimes tbh

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Popping just to say, I think the thing a lot of people are missing is that a lot of people who are upset of the exp.share are people who never felt the need to grind to begin with. I challenged the Alola Elite Four with a severly underleved team and had a blast doing it to. Playing with the exp.share off rewards you more for utilizing things like status moves and paying attention to individual stats.

It's possible for Sw/Sh to balance around the exp.share, but after Let's Go having a mandatory exp.share and being hilariously easy as well, a lot of us just don't have faith in that. It's nice to have the exp.share as an option but I'm not excited about having it forced on me.

I'm honestly more upset with that decision then I am with the National Dex. With the Dex, I can kind of see why they made the cuts, even if I don't fully agree it was the best choice they could have made. But with the exp.share, I can't see any reason they'd make it mandatory other then them assuming that every pokemon fan is a little kid or a casual player.

I feel like some of the executives at GF have fallen into the traps of thinking that the franchise is just for kids (which obviously isn't true), and also thinking that kids are always impatient and dumb (which can be true, but not always). As a 22-year-old ex competitive player who spent hours in the Battle Frontier as a kid, it feel really alienating.

I'm still excited for Sw/Sh. I love the look of the Galar region, and I think a lot of the Pokemon and character designs are still packing a ton of charm. I still think they'll be fun, and I'm still willing to try to find what challenge I can in them. But even I won't deny that GF has taken some big missteps in recent years. While I'll still defend the parts of the games I actually like (such as the graphics), I do hope that all this controversy around Sw/Sh ends up being the wake up call GF needs.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
not being able to turn off exp share is a little wack

but there's 18 gyms so the wackness is offset by the coolness resulting in a feeling of contentness

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
>final fantasy 7 is off an entire 4 dollars

wow square you call this a ****ing sale? i swear, they wouldn't even knock down dragon quest. always like square, so stingy and gree-

>final fantasy X/X2 AND XII is off 20 dollars each

1570048978571.png

shill me on final fantasy XII

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
not being able to turn off exp share is a little wack

but there's 18 gyms so the wackness is offset by the coolness resulting in a feeling of contentness
Idk man, I doubt it took them 5 years to finally hear this criticism. XY was literally 5 years ago and while I can excuse that as a simple oversight, the 3 games between XY and SwoShi really don't give me any confidence

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Just make the post-game grind for getting level 100 Pokemon not **** for once.

There are infinitely worse devs and companies than EA.
Shepard would be awesome though.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I mean, one of the big things SwSh has now is raid battles, and that's pretty big, for end game content. I feel like people have just forgotten about this.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Idk man, I doubt it took them 5 years to finally hear this criticism. XY was literally 5 years ago and while I can excuse that as a simple oversight, the 3 games between XY and SwoShi really don't give me any confidence
I think you're talking to someone else

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Always trying my best to make the world a more enjoyable place! (As Servando would do, lol).

You did also make me remember my big plan for the 1st anniversary of my beginnings on the site.

Hopefully what I plan to do is really enjoyed by people such as yourself, Noipoi Noipoi , osby osby or Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah!
I know nothing about DQ. Sorry. Looks cool though.

D

Deleted member

I know nothing about DQ. Sorry. Looks cool though.
It isn’t more about DQ, but rather something way more personal.

Don’t want to ruin the surprise, but based on the 1 year anniversary posts from other users I’ve seen on the site so far... I think that my post will hopefully be a welcomed surprise for many people.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
It isn’t more about DQ, but rather something way more personal.

Don’t want to ruin the surprise, but based on the 1 year anniversary posts from other users I’ve seen on the site so far... I think that my post will hopefully be a welcomed surprise for many people.
Ah. I thought you were asking something else. My bad.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
apparently alpha dream went bankrupt

they went out in a glory of fire, passion, and useless mario & luigi remakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom