• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Mario - Sonic
Luigi - Tails
Peach - Amy
Wario - Knuckles
Bowser - Robotnik/Eggman
Waluigi - Big
Rosalina - Blaze
Yoshi - Cream
Daisy - Charmy
Bowser Jr. - Metal Sonic
Donkey Kong - Vector
Toadsworth - Espio
Toad - Omochao

Edit: I can't think of Mario characters for Shadow, Rouge, and Silver.
Bring back Captain Syrup. Boom, a team up for Rouge.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
We’re having a good time let’s not start this up again
Fair.

I just wanna beat up Mario as Sonic and have him cry afterwards, is that too much to ask? There can be an alternate version where Sonic looses and he cries too.

Plus, a crossover where Mario and Sonic are friendly the whole time would just be kind of boring.

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Hey, be careful what you say. Ridley has his fans. They might tear you apart if they saw you post that. They didn't wait many years for Ridley to be playable in a Smash game for nothing, ya know.
Nah man, the reason Metroid fans wanted Ridley is because he's a complete *******

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Y'all ever just shoryu into your opponent's up-smash?
the only time i've ever actually done true shoryu and have it mean something is when you can counter any other basic counter by just using true shoryu's super armor to beat it out

i've used it to win against a palutena once and thanks to updates the footage is long gone forever but goddamn was it cool

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I'd pair Yoshi to Tails. They're both introduced as characters that enhance the main character's journey making them much easier and they both had 2D platformers of their own that has a different focus from their respective main series'. :yoshi:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
A) Some people will never forgive, especially after how Nintendo acted during the ESRB trial, they don't deserve forgiveness for that.
B) You may think it's overdone but there is nothing more hype than a hero fight.
C) Mario just kind of needs to get beaten up. And for the player to KNOW it happened and how it made him feel. Not like Smash where they just clap when they loose.
I think you specifically just need a punching bag with Mario's face on it, to get out that aggression

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Fair.

I just wanna beat up Mario as Sonic and have him cry afterwards, is that too much to ask? There can be an alternate version where Sonic looses and he cries too.

Plus, a crossover where Mario and Sonic are friendly the whole time would just be kind of boring.
Yes, we get it. you hate Mario, and Nintendo in general

It's not like you've brought it up a billion times already

EDIT: Sorry for being a bit rough. Maybe I shouldn't have lashed out like this, but please, at least find something new to complain about.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Do what you love. I'm sorry I killed it. I didn't want to. I didn't want to hurt you. I don't want you guys to hate me too.
Yeesh, tone it down sis. I didn’t mean it.

Your Nintendo hate just gets super duper annoying. Makes folks wanna stop talking about anything mildly related to them with you.

And for the 64th time, no one hates you. You just gotta chill sometimes.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeesh, tone it down sis. I didn’t mean it.

Your Nintendo hate just gets super duper annoying. Makes folks wanna stop talking about anything mildly related to them with you.

And for the 64th time, no one hates you. You just gotta chill sometimes.
I'm sorry.

I have trouble with that.

I'm seeking help. Probably gonna go on meds.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Ok I couldn't help myself and I swapped back to Tails as my avatar. And I know it's too early to have a snow themed avatar, but this piece of fanart is some of the best Tails fanart I've ever seen. The picture is really flippin' gorgeous, and I love coffee and since he's holding a coffee cup it works lol

Loving it.

i swear, if i need to rely on true shoryu to be good at shotos im never gonna be a real shoto main at this point
You don't need to rely on true Shoryu (i still struggle with the input and i've been playing :ultryu:/:ultken: for months), the regular up-b is fine.

Ryu can kill easily with a bunch of moves, his problem is racking up dmg consistently because he's slow, it's hard to win neutral with him and his combos are short. An easy way to rack up dmg quickly is using the Shakunetsu Hadoken as combo finisher (jab 1-2 or hard jab into Shaku is pretty reliable/easy to execute).

Ken rely a bit more on the Shoryu but the Oosoto Mawashi Geri (the spinning kick to the face, same inputs as Ryu's Shakunetsu) is a really good kill move too.(Light dtilt - hard dtilt (to push the opponent in perfect range for the sweespot) - Oosoto is relatively easy to pull off).

Also about the true Shoryu, maybe you already know but the (close range) hard jab is probably the easiest way to confirm it. It has a ton of hitstun so you have the time to do the input (plus it hits like a truck, like around 20% iirc). Another tip, if you want to confirm a true Shoryu off of a d-air, it's easier to use the c-stick to do your d-air (so you don't have to 'reset' your main stick for the Shoryu's input).

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
>having a bad night
>considers actually venting here
>read the last two pages

It's always at a bad time.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You don't need to rely on true Shoryu (i still struggle with the input and i've been playing :ultryu:/:ultken: for months), the regular up-b is fine.

Ryu can kill easily with a bunch of moves, his problem is racking up dmg consistently because he's slow, it's hard to win neutral with him and his combos are short. An easy way to rack up dmg quickly is using the Shakunetsu Hadoken as combo finisher (jab 1-2 or hard jab into Shaku is pretty reliable/easy to execute).

Ken rely a bit more on the Shoryu but the Oosoto Mawashi Geri (the spinning kick to the face, same inputs as Ryu's Shakunetsu) is a really good kill move too.(Light dtilt - hard dtilt (to push the opponent in perfect range for the sweespot) - Oosoto is relatively easy to pull off).

Also about the true Shoryu, maybe you already know but the (close range) hard jab is probably the easiest way to confirm it. It has a ton of hitstun so you have the time to do the input (plus it hits like a truck, like around 20% iirc). Another tip, if you want to confirm a true Shoryu off of a d-air, it's easier to use the c-stick to do your d-air (so you don't have to 'reset' your main stick for the Shoryu's input).
IMO, it would be so easier to do the inputs for the shotos if you could move with the d-pad.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I wish I had some skill with sprite animations, I’ve had ideas for a sprite animation series of these :ultmario::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman: teaming up semi-separate from how o pictured a game between them but there were a few similar ideas.
What’s with these 4 specific characters?

I mean Mario and Sonic I get, but why add the other two?

What makes this team up so special to you?

What is the Wademan94 story?

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Because they're both also retro company mascots, and probably the biggest ones in the industry period.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

I dunno, I mean I was big on just crossovers between :ultmario: & :ultsonic: but ever since i saw them united in Smash 4, (helped by me rooting for :ultpacman: at the time) something about these four just belong together for me, I mean they are basically the Big 4, the iconic mascots of the video game industry and i want to see them together in more games outside of Smash.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I dunno, I mean I was big on just crossovers between :ultmario: & :ultsonic: but ever since i saw them united in Smash 4, (helped by me rooting for :ultpacman: at the time) something about these four just belong together for me, I mean they are basically the Big 4, the iconic mascots of the video game industry and i want to see them together in more games outside of Smash.
I think a crossover platformer with the four of them would be neat. I'd be down for anything that brings pac man back. As long as he uses his pac man world design and not..the other one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom