• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Aaaaaaaand again

Free will

What if I don't 'want' that.
Children don’t want to eat their vegetables and go to school. But we make them do it because it’s good for them.
See you say you're not cruel but that sounds like an extreme disregard for people that would rather you not do that.
Telling someone 24 hours in advance that you plan to murder them doesn't make the fact that you're gonna murder them any better.
I’m just broadening people’s horizons. I’m not actually hurting them in anyway.

And again, I can’t ACTUALLY do this.

Noipoi

Howdy!
What. Your saying I shouldn’t go out with the infinity gauntlet and mess with peoples lives?

I swear, sometimes you guys respond to this stuff like you think I can actually do it.
Because you can. Cartoons are real dude.

So we gotta make sure you don’t get the gauntlet and **** **** up.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m gonna sail to the ends of the earth to find The Hidden World.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I was offering a method for you to relieve your curiosity without feeling bad. Your call.
Fair.

Probably would pick it up if my PC wasn’t a dinosaur that can barely run browser based games.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m gonna sail to the ends of the earth to find The Hidden World.
I wish you well on your journey. *returns to stone hunt in the outer rim of the Galaxy*

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Children don’t want to eat their vegetables and go to school. But we make them do it because it’s good for them.

Snake you frighten me :dr^_^:

D

Deleted member

What idiot doesn't believe in Heaven? Not me.

D

Deleted member

I mean beyond the obvious psychological trauma it almost certainly would hurt people
Just a hypothetical, say someone needs urgent medical care to stay alive, but suddenly they can't get the care they need because their doctor got mind-swapped with a construction worker who isn't qualified to provide for them.
It would be chaos.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Saw something a bit back about Nintendo being arrogant and having a chokehold on the industry and should step aside to grow.

To that I say: have you even payed attention to Sony? Like, no LITERALLY Playstation has outsold Nintendo hardware in all generations since its inception BUT ONE. Playstation outsold Nintendo 64, Playstation 2 outsold Gamecube, Wii sold more than PS3 because it's the WiiPlaystation 4 is outselling the ever loving HELL outta the Wii U, and it's worth seeing how the PS5 does against the Switch. If anyone is arrogant, and has a potential chokehold on the industry it's Playstation. The same company that used its clout to get timed exclusive rights on Crash this gen, was in line for TWO potential GotY winners last year, has a TON of 1st party developers like Naughty Dog, Sony Santa Monica, Sucker Punch, Bend, Guerilla Games, Media Molecule, and has the exclusive rights to Kojima Productions next game, and let's NOT FORGET has exclusive rights to a ****ING Spider-man game that sold RIDICULOUSLY well because it's Spider-man, THEN bought Insomniac who MADE that game. Comparatively to Nintendo? Nintendo has a total of two, ****ING TWO, large scale 1st party studios. Retro Studios and Monolithsoft... that's it. Anything else is in-house teams or outsourced.

Like, Nintendo has built up a nest egg because of smart business decisions and calculated releases and faith in a few properties because they EXCLUSIVELY make games. Microsoft is funding Xbox because they have basically infinite money. And Sony is using the profit from gamers to keep a multibillion dollar company afloat and using its clout in multiple industries to ensure it stays that way.

So... why does Nintendo need to step aside?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean beyond the obvious psychological trauma it almost certainly would hurt people
Just a hypothetical, say someone needs urgent medical care to stay alive, but suddenly they can't get the care they need because their doctor got mind-swapped with a construction worker who isn't qualified to provide for them.
It would be chaos.
Its a general rule of body swap stories that you always have access to the original bodies memories. This is because, while the soul is swapped, their original memories are still physically built into the structure of the brain.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Snake, your lack of self awareness disturbs me immensely. We know you can’t actually do this but it’s still disturbing that you’re so willing to share these thoughts with us like we’re just supposed to accept them. Stop acting like you know what’s best for us.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Saw something a bit back about Nintendo being arrogant and having a chokehold on the industry and should step aside to grow.

To that I say: have you even payed attention to Sony? Like, no LITERALLY Playstation has outsold Nintendo hardware in all generations since its inception BUT ONE. Playstation outsold Nintendo 64, Playstation 2 outsold Gamecube, Wii sold more than PS3 because it's the WiiPlaystation 4 is outselling the ever loving HELL outta the Wii U, and it's worth seeing how the PS5 does against the Switch. If anyone is arrogant, and has a potential chokehold on the industry it's Playstation. The same company that used its clout to get timed exclusive rights on Crash this gen, was in line for TWO potential GotY winners last year, has a TON of 1st party developers like Naughty Dog, Sony Santa Monica, Sucker Punch, Bend, Guerilla Games, Media Molecule, and has the exclusive rights to Kojima Productions next game, and let's NOT FORGET has exclusive rights to a ****ING Spider-man game that sold RIDICULOUSLY well because it's Spider-man, THEN bought Insomniac who MADE that game. Comparatively to Nintendo? Nintendo has a total of two, ****ING TWO, large scale 1st party studios. Retro Studios and Monolithsoft... that's it. Anything else is in-house teams or outsourced.

Like, Nintendo has built up a nest egg because of smart business decisions and calculated releases and faith in a few properties because they EXCLUSIVELY make games. Microsoft is funding Xbox because they have basically infinite money. And Sony is using the profit from gamers to keep a multibillion dollar company afloat and using its clout in multiple industries to ensure it stays that way.

What perfect timing:

Uh-oh. Alphadream (Mario & Luigi developers) has declared bankruptcy (Article is in Japanese).

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20191002-00010002-teikokudb-ind

D

Deleted member

Its a general rule of body swap stories that you always have access to the original bodies memories. This is because, while the soul is swapped, their original memories are still physically built into the structure of the brain.
In that case, say some average Joe Schmoe gets swapped into the body of a war vet. Congrats, you probably just gave that innocent person PTSD.
I really cannot see a world in which this doesn't end with billions of ****ed up people, physically and mentally.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Snake, your lack of self awareness disturbs me immensely. We know you can’t actually do this but it’s still disturbing that you’re so willing to share these thoughts with us like we’re just supposed to accept them. Stop acting like you know what’s best for us.
Fair. Mother needs to get some sleep now anyway.

I should pay for premium and change my screen name to mother so that’s what you all have to call me.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
In that case, say some average Joe Schmoe gets swapped into the body of a war vet. Congrats, you probably just gave that innocent person PTSD.
I really cannot see a world in which this doesn't end with billions of ****ed up people, physically and mentally.
I love how she can pick apart all the implications of the Thanos snap yet fails to see how her ideas can mess things up for everyone.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Does this mean no more Mario & Luigi RPGs?

Big “oof!” right there.
Japaness companies have a bad tendencies of doing this. Instead of looking for potential buyers for the company they'll just let the company go under. The way they look at it, it's just a name.

The developers at Alphadream will likely open up a new studio and keep on making games. That's just how it always is there.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
So...the Tockles spirit you get awarded if you've played DQ11 or it's demo, is no lomger available by the time DQ11 launches?

Brilliant move Nintendo...

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Does this mean no more Mario & Luigi RPGs?

Big “oof!” right there.
Who knows? Maybe Nintendo might save them. Either way, the Mario & Luigi RPGs are probably in limbo until AlphaDream's final fate is determined. The closure of studios happens quite a bit in the industry, but it still sucks to see a studio fall under.

Shroob

Sup?
So...the Tockles spirit you get awarded if you've played DQ11 or it's demo, is no lomger available by the time DQ11 launches?

Brilliant move Nintendo...
They'll probably patch it in later like all Limited Time spirits.

I got a Switch super late but they eventually added the Link's Awakening spirits back in.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Comparatively to Nintendo? Nintendo has a total of two, ****ING TWO, large scale 1st party studios. Retro Studios and Monolithsoft... that's it. Anything else is in-house teams or outsourced.
I would say three. The 3rd being Next Level Games, the creators of Luigi's Mansion 2 & 3, Mario Strikers, Punch Out Wii and Federation Force. Cause I think there was something about Next Level Games wanting to work exclusively with Nintendo.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
REAL question is: how many of you heard of Yes before Jojo?

The amount dictates how sad I'll be :yoshi:
I ****ing love Roundabout by them.

And no, I haven't watched a single episode of JoJo so...

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I would say three. The 3rd being Next Level Games, the creators of Luigi's Mansion 2 & 3, Mario Strikers, Punch Out Wii and Federation Force. Cause I think there was something about Next Level Games wanting to work exclusively with Nintendo.
Yeah but they don't OWN them. They don't even officially OWN The Pokemon Company. They're just a stock holder.

Sony OWNS all of those studios I listed.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Based post

Uh-oh. Alphadream (Mario & Luigi developers) has declared bankruptcy (Article is in Japanese).

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20191002-00010002-teikokudb-ind
That really sucks.

Hope we don’t have a drought of Mario RPGs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom