• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
A fan comic spooking people reading the Guinness World Record Gamers Edition is fitting for the start of the spooky month. :smirk:Bad segue ways aside, it's interesting to see how far this fan comic has come in just a year.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Umm, hasn't Intelligent Systems always worked on Paper Mario?
The point being Miyamoto will have a stronger say from now on, most likely.
That's bad.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
The point being Miyamoto will have a stronger say most likely.
That's bad.
I love Miyamoto. The man’s a legend, and is responsible for some of my all time favorite things period.

But good lord, keep him away from the Mario RPGs.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
The point being Miyamoto will have a stronger say from now on, most likely.
That's bad.
I'm aware he makes questionable choices, but not all of them are bad, like Hyrule Warriors when he suggested to Koei Tecmo to stick to the Warriors formula compared to making it too much like Zelda with dungeons and whatnot.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I love Masuda. The man’s a legend, and is responsible for some of my all time favorite things period.

But good lord, keep him away from the Mario RPGs.
I still trust him enough for your every day main line 3D Mario game. Seems to get his creative juices flowing.

Everything else, however, would be much better in the hands of someone else. That includes Pikmin now since 4 probably turned into Hey! Pikmin.

Oh someone save Star Fox from him. Ubisoft did a decent job with StarLink it seems, I'd give it to them for a proper game.

Shroob

Sup?
I still trust him enough for your every day main line 3D Mario game. Seems to get his creative juices flowing.

Everything else, however, would be much better in the hands of someone else. That includes Pikmin now since 4 probably turned into Hey! Pikmin.

Oh someone save Star Fox from him. Ubisoft did a decent job with StarLink it seems, I'd give it to them for a proper game.
But ya know...

Star Fox's plot is so good

Why not tell the story

again?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Crap, I still wanna work on some Paper Mario stuff tonight.

Noipoi Noipoi do you wanna help me out more with the Duplighost character? That is unless you still think I’m going nowhere with those ideas/s
Alright first of all their name is Karade (like masquerade).

Second of all they have an intense aversion to cheese.

Third of all they wear three shoes. One on their hand.

One of these is a serious suggestion.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Finally tried out Pocket Fighter EX, it's still only a demo, so there's not a ton to say other than it's fun as hell. Though I wish Ryu had his Shinku Tatsumaki.

I didn't find a ton of combos, other than Terry's Light Punch canceling into pretty much any Special or Super. So f+LP into Power Dunk looks pretty cool for something as simple as it is. I can only sorta get the Power Geyser consistently. But a lot of the SNK supers have weird inputs. Buster Wolf doesn't so I'm good there.

Ryu's got cool target combos, but I haven't figured out if I can cancel them into a special at the end.

With that and the Starforce Endwave, Fan games looking kind of clean.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Alright first of all their name is Karade (like masquerade).

Second of all they have an intense aversion to cheese.

Third of all they wear three shoes. One on their hand.

One of these is a serious suggestion.
Thing is, coming from you I can imagine you presenting them all as serious suggestions.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
But ya know...

Star Fox's plot is so good

Why not tell the story

again?
It annoys me as Assault did a good job at world building and character progression before Command reared its ugly head.

Assault had the ground works for a good game, but it needed some quality adjustments to it. I still like it though, the multiplayer mode is kind of fun and the main gameplay in the Arwings is solid. The foot missions were the issues.

Shroob

Sup?
What baffles me is that Star Fox has effectively had the same game 4 times.

Star Fox
Star Fox 64
Star Fox 64 DS(Yeah I'm counting it, fight me)
Star Fox Zero

It's literally the SAME story.

The only games that were different were

Star Fox 2, which only recently came back from the dead officially
Star Fox Adventures
Star Fox Assault
Star Fox Command

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
It annoys me as Assault did a good job at world building and character progression before Command reared its ugly head.

Assault had the ground works for a good game, but it needed some quality adjustments to it. I still like it though, the multiplayer mode is kind of fun and the main gameplay in the Arwings is solid. The foot missions were the issues.
I enjoyed Command, it was an interesting take on the series.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

This actually reminds me of an idea I had for my Paper Mario game to temporarily recruit a Shiba Inu for hidden objects and other stuff like in Odyssey and you recruit them in a mock “battle” where you have to bathe him using my Lakitu character’s cloud to rain on him and play fetch using a new Hammer Throw (he’d dodge other attacks)

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

This actually reminds me of an idea I had for my Paper Mario game to temporarily recruit a Shiba Inu for hidden objects and other stuff like in Odyssey and you recruit them in a mock “battle” where you have to bathe him using my Lakitu character’s cloud to rain on him and play fetch using a new Hammer Throw (he’d dodge other attacks)
That is very cute but also very specific.

V E R Y specific :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

When you think about it Star Fox is basically just a proto-roguelike
  • Same game every time
  • Can be beaten in a single sitting
  • Alternate and hidden paths to spice things up
It's just missing the things that give today's roguelikes endless replay-ability

Noipoi

Howdy!
One of these days I’m just gonna have to take all my Pokémon stuff and hide myself in some dark corner of the world, away from society.

A sad Poké-hermit.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
What baffles me is that Star Fox has effectively had the same game 4 times.

Star Fox
Star Fox 64
Star Fox 64 DS(Yeah I'm counting it, fight me)
Star Fox Zero

It's literally the SAME story.

The only games that were different were

Star Fox 2, which only recently came back from the dead officially
Star Fox Adventures
Star Fox Assault
Star Fox Command
I think Adventures and Command caused the series to be afraid of change. Both received lots of backlash. Shame really as Adventures isn't that, but definitely poorly executed...there was no reason to put Fox into this game, Shigeru...

I am hoping someone takes the mantle and continues the story beyond 64. Even if they retcon Assault that's fine...just give me something different. You have Wolf that could be used as a playable anti-hero for Star Wolf missions with different purposes and plots, Wolf's gang being the antagonists, another villain like the Aparoids showing up, political turmoil in Corneria...anything.

I am hoping it is the next series to get the open world treatment.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know what now that I think about it a true roguelike Star Fox would be a great way to reboot the franchise.
Make the other members of the crew and extended cast playable, add meta game upgrades for your arwing/landmaster/whatever that are unlocked through progressive runs, more boss variety, permadeath, etc. Plus it's not really a genre that big game devs have ever really explored, almost every roguelike is an indie game.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know what now that I think about it a true roguelike Star Fox would be a great way to reboot the franchise.
Make the other members of the crew and extended cast playable, add meta game upgrades for your airwing/landmaster/whatever that are unlocked through progressive runs, more boss variety, permadeath, etc. Plus it's not really a genre that big game devs have ever really explored, almost every roguelike is an indie game.
I mean.... That wouldn’t be a Star Fox game. And the people who want s new good Star Fox wouldn’t get their new good Star Fox.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
One of these days I’m just gonna have to take all my Pokémon stuff and hide myself in some dark corner of the world, away from society.

A sad Poké-hermit.
You're 100% free to like SwSh, but as someone who has been with the series since the 90s it just feels like a shell of what it used to be to me. It's not the only game like that though, Gears 2 and 3 were amazing, but Gears 4 and 5 are pretty bland "games as a service" games, Dr. Mario is an awful mobile thing with completely different gameplay.
I forgot what my original thought was, so I ranted about new games, oops.

#GiveMePokemonSnap2

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I mean.... That wouldn’t be a Star Fox game. And the people who want s new good Star Fox wouldn’t get their new good Star Fox.
If the game is good then it is good, genre be damned.

People want the change for it. The model it is known for is a thing of it's time. It is just preserving the characters and other mechanics into a newer perspective.

As long as I get to shoot things in an Arwing I do not see the problem. That is the main draw, and expanding it only improves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom