• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Poor Alphadream.

They are filing for bankruptcy so it looks like Paper Mario may be our only Mario RPG series

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Poor Alphadream.

They are filing for bankruptcy so it looks like Paper Mario may be our only Mario RPG series
This is what happens when none of y'all buy their games

Apparently, the Bowser's Inside Story remake bombed hard, so I'm personally betting that's what ultimately sunk the company.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
This is what happens when none of y'all but their games

Apparently, the Bowser's Inside Story remake bombed hard, so I'm personally betting that's what ultimately subk the company.
To be fair, it was kind of inevitable.

The 3DS, while a great system, was kept alive for far too long. Bowser's Inside Story was basically sent to die. No one's going to be looking at the 3DS when the Switch is the new big shot in town aside from the people who only have a 3DS and nothing else.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
The Mario RPGs are one of my favorite JRPG series. With Paper Mario being in an unknown state and Alphadream filing for bankruptcy it's not a good day to be a Mario RPG fan.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
images (8).jpeg

NASA's Juno spacecraft took this picture of this mysterious black hole over the clouds of Jupiter.
Turns out it was the shadow of IO, one of the 4 main moons.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
It sucks AlphaDream is filing for bankruptcy. Superstar Saga is my favorite GBA game of all time and the announcement of Partners in Time made me look forward to the DS more than the announcement of Diamond and Pearl did. But even if there may be no more future M&L titles, at least it had a good run.

To be fair, it was kind of inevitable.

The 3DS, while a great system, was kept alive for far too long. Bowser's Inside Story was basically sent to die. No one's going to be looking at the 3DS when the Switch is the new big shot in town aside from the people who only have a 3DS and nothing else.
It probably didn't help you can still play the original BIS on the 3DS as well.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Superstar Saga was one of the first games I got when I was young, and I had great time with PiT & BIS (DT less so toward the end), so seeing this new is just saddening.

I hope they be able to bounce back.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Good morning! Heard about the news of AlphaDream becoming bankrupt, even though I've never been fond of the gameplay of Mario & Luigi when playing Dream Team. Too bad the company has fallen into the state of nearly closing down.

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Me:
Nobody else:
Absolutely no peoples at all:
Alphadream: Files bankruptcy
Me: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I guess we will never, ever, see any future Mario and Luigi RPG games... unless something happens...

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Well sucks to hear about Al_haDream

Was ho_ing that the silence about new Mario & Luigi games was because they were taking a little longer making a new one for the Switch, given that they couldn't just reuse the Dream Team engine again

Looks like other things were afoot :(

Really not sure what the _oint in the Bowser's Inside Story remake was, es_ecially as they were releasing it after the 3DS was already dying, but I didn't think its underwhelming sales would be too much of a blow

With _a_er Mario in an uncertain _osition and now Mario & Luigi on hiatus, it's not a great time to be a Mario R_G fan

Here's ho_ing the Al_ha Dream em_loyees find reim_loyment at Nintendo or other studios

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Smash Run 2. Each series with a playable franchise has its own map (though they’re all basically the same layout with different skins and slight changes.) (Ice Climber, ROB, Animal Crossing, Wii Fit, and Duck Hunt are all grouped together as “Other”). Each version also has a unique boss encounter from the home series, reusing the WoL bosses (Rathalos is used for Other)

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Me:
Nobody else:
Absolutely no peoples at all:
But... literally everyone in here reacted to that.

I guess we will never, ever, see any future Mario and Luigi RPG games... unless something happens...
People in Alphadream can form a new studio. Nintendo can hire them or save them from bankruptcy. Another studio can make Mario and Luigi games.

There are numerous ways to keep the series alive.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Bowser's Inside Story is my favorite RPG game, period. It sucks to see Alphadream go under.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well sucks to hear about Al_haDream

Was ho_ing that the silence about new Mario & Luigi games was because they were taking a little longer making a new one for the Switch, given that they couldn't just reuse the Dream Team engine again

Looks like other things were afoot :(

Really not sure what the _oint in the Bowser's Inside Story remake was, es_ecially as they were releasing it after the 3DS was already dying, but I didn't think its underwhelming sales would be too much of a blow

With _a_er Mario in an uncertain _osition and now Mario & Luigi on hiatus, it's not a great time to be a Mario R_G fan

Here's ho_ing the Al_ha Dream em_loyees find reim_loyment at Nintendo or other studios
....you know, I was going to say, "hey, did the letter P decided to stop functionning?", but then I looked at your avatar for 3 seconds and then, I reached nirvana.

You clever son of a ghost.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I don’t get it
Paper Mario: The Thousand Years Door stuff.

I was going to say, "play the game, it's great!", but then, I remember you aren't a fan of RPG.

well that, and it's pretty hard to get it on console now those days

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I guess? My line of thinking is "Don't expect exciting stuff in Smash" cause you can't get too disappointed then
I’m not really expecting it. I’m just thinking it could possibly happen. And I’m just sharing my ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The Alpha Dream news is flat out TERRIBLE to me. Mario & Luigi is one of my favorite series.

They should have NOT made a remake of a game on a dying console that could still play the original version.

Looks like well never get one with Wario and Waluigi (seriously, how in the hell did they pass up such a GOLDEN opportunity?)

D

Deleted member

Honestly, while I'm not a fan of the Mario JRPGS, It is a bit sad that they are going bankrupt.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The Alpha Dream news is flat out TERRIBLE to me. Mario & Luigi is one of my favorite series.

They should have NOT made a remake of a game on a dying console that could still play the original version.

Looks like well never get one with Wario and Waluigi (seriously, how in the hell did they pass up such a GOLDEN opportunity?)
Dude. They can give it to a new studio. Don’t give up hope.

D

Deleted member

I'm honestly really stressed right now.

Suffice to say filming for our school project is NOT going well anymore, and it's due Friday.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’m still waiting for Square Enix to swoop in and save the day with a Mario RPG remake. When both of your in house rpg series fail and fall under, who do you turn to but the king of rpgs.

Well, Intelligent Systems could still make a new Paper Mario.... but Nintendo probably doesn’t have too much faith in the series after the self-inflicted wound that was Color Splash.

They could give the project to MonalithSoft.... would be... interesting

D

Deleted member

Regarding Alphadream, I highly doubt the Superstar Saga and BIS remakes sunked them.

A lot of the studios have a lot of difficulties on the background and if Alphadream was a small company, undertaking a big project might have affected them greatly.

I remember also the case of Neverland a few years ago, which was a small company that worked on the Harvest Moon spinoff series Rune Factory. They closed operations even though their last release was the most successful one, on the brightside most of the staff got absorbed into their publisher after bankrupcy so lets hope its not the last we see of Alphadream team.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

I agree, if i had the rights to the M&L RPG games i would've made a 6th game with Yoshi and Poochy as the main characters as well the 3rd and 4th characters.
Here's a photo of my pretend 6th game:
20191003_000747.jpg

Or originally known as "Yoshi's Quest"
In Japan, this is called "Mario and Luigi RPG 6! Isle Yoshi"
Sorry if it's fuzzy.
Also i liked how the Yoshi Egg and Melon make up the O Letters.
Might do a full explanation of this soon.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Regarding Alphadream, I highly doubt the Superstar Saga and BIS remakes sunked them.

A lot of the studios have a lot of difficulties on the background and if Alphadream was a small company, undertaking a big project might have affected them greatly.

I remember also the case of Neverland a few years ago, which was a small company that worked on the Harvest Moon spinoff series Rune Factory. They closed operations even though their last release was the most successful one, on the brightside most of the staff got absorbed into their publisher after bankrupcy so lets hope its not the last we see of Alphadream team.
I heard they put a lot of funds into a mobile game that flopped hard, so that could have been it.

Most of the time, companies go bankrupt due to poor financial decisions or terrible management, and Alphadream putting a major budget on a mobile game while also working on a console game fits that bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom