• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Legitimately though I do wanna see them attempt another Crash/Spyro crossover. Not a remake of Spyro Orange/Crash Purple, one game where the two characters team up and go on an adventure together, I think they could pull it off.
There is a legit possibility of that happening. The Spyro dev team has been shown to be working on Crash character designs.

Noipoi

Howdy!
One of these days Peach is gonna find the chaos emeralds lying around and Bowser and Eggman are gonna both go after her, leading Mario and Sonic to team up and clean up the mess.

D

Deleted member

Is it supposed to be derpy though? Because I can't really say it makes the character look cool.

I just realized that Spyro reminds me of my cats.
Guessing it's unintentional lmao.

I mean, this guy exists in the same show, so It may not have been?
1569982251594.png

and his smol form:
1569982583337.png

I literally don't know why this is a dragon, but it's card says it is, so IT IS, DAMMIT!
I see what you mean. I guess I respect your opinion, and I do.....is it a dragon?

And that dragon in the picture you just posted looks cool.
A back shot should make it a bit clearer:

(this was the only good backshot)

Last edited by a moderator:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Guessing it's unintentional lmao.

I mean, this guy exists in the same show, so It may not have been?
View attachment 240498
I literally don't know why this is a dragon, but it's card says it is, so IT IS, DAMMIT!

A back shot should make it a bit clearer:

(this was the only good backshot)
I see. So, is he some kind of giant, too?

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
One of these days Peach is gonna find the chaos emeralds lying around and Bowser and Eggman are gonna both go after her, leading Mario and Sonic to team up and clean up the mess.
Baby Pac swipes the Chaos Emeralds, the Star Rod, and some new piece of Wily tech, all of the villains go after him.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Aw **** now I’m thinkin about this.

Get ****in ready because I’m about to make a full video game plot for a Mario + Sonic crossover platforming adventure mother HECKERS

MainJPW

M.T.A
YO i JUST heard this play on Saltybet a few minutes ago
Makes sense since I was just on there. I actually already knew what song that was; I know the sound of a Richard Jacques, TJ Davis and SEGA collaboration anywhere.
Ah, I always loved that kind of music. I wish someone would make more of that kind of music. Not just Sega, but anyone.
That's that Richard Jacques stuff. Wasn't kidding when I said "literally Sonic R".

D

Deleted member

Apart from the major outlets, what has the general consensus on Borderlands 3 been up to this point? I know people have gripes with the dialogue, but I’ve loved every second of this game so far.
I've apparently already put over 100 hours into it so yeah it's okay. Might as well post a few of my thoughts.
  • The writing is hit-or-miss. The main story isn't great but the set pieces and individual stories of the different planets, such as the Atlas-Maliwan corporate war, and some select side quests, are way better.
  • Many of the new characters such and Lorelei, Clay and Wainwright Jakobs are fantastic, and fit right at home in the universe.
  • Tyreen and Troy are fine villains for what they are, Troy especially. They obviously don't meet Handsome Jack levels of amazing, but I never really expected them to either.
  • The main campaign is incredibly beefy, at least for a first playthrough, easily clocking in at 30~ hours, whereas 1, 2 and the Pre-Sequel varied from 10 to 15 on average.
  • The different planets are a nice change of pace from Pandora for the 3rd time, and I'm excited to see what others they might have in store for future DLC
  • The gunplay and general gameplay feel so significantly better it's insane. All of the guns from all of the manufacturers feel great to use from both how they feel to fire and how they sound, and the additions such as sliding, mantling, and fast travel from anywhere are wonderful.
  • Legendaries having less variations and a higher drop rate means it's much easier to get good rolls on a gun you need, though the anointed perks and how rare it is to roll a good one make it feel like a "one step forward, two steps back" kind of deal.
  • Endgame feels a little lacking. The Circles of Slaughter and Proving Grounds are fun, but only the former offers decent loot, meaning there's not much incentive to do the latter beyond testing your build/personal enjoyment. I'm sure this will change with raids and DLC, since Borderlands base game endgame is usually pretty bare bones, but at least there's currently more to do at this point in time than there was in previous games at the same point in their lifespans
  • Boss farming is way more tedious due to most legendaries being world drops rather than being assigned to a specific boss/mini-boss like 2 and TPS. This means you'll spend most of your time farming a select few bosses rather than switching it up based on what you're looking for.
  • While I haven't had many technical problems recently, I did have to tweak several settings to get it running the way I wanted with a stable framerate on my relatively high-end PC. Many of my friends haven't been so lucky though, and while I'm glad Gearbox is addressing this it's a shame it's even in this state to begin with
  • Buff Zane
  • WHERE THE **** IS SALVADOR AT
Overall 7.8/10, too many guns

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
OK.

A) The plot should be more involved than THAT
B) It needs to start with Mario and Sonic thinking each other are the bad guys so there can be a boss fight between them.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I really don’t like the ideas in that Pokémon GO leak that was shared here earlier.

Country-exclusive forms?

100 miles for a new Eeveelution?

Heck nah Pokémon Company, that’s no good. I already don’t bother playing it due to having to walk around town...not just because of laziness...and why are y’all trying to help airports make dough from crazed collectors...

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
man i can't wait for terry to come out

i hope he has the best of both worlds for :ultryu:/:ultken: so he has a decent combo game but also has mostly strong moves

i swear, if i need to rely on true shoryu to be good at shotos im never gonna be a real shoto main at this point

D

Deleted member

man i can't wait for terry to come out

i hope he has the best of both worlds for :ultryu:/:ultken: so he has a decent combo game but also has mostly strong moves

i swear, if i need to rely on true shoryu to be good at shotos im never gonna be a real shoto main at this point
When you wanna shoryu but you tatsumaki into the wall

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Makes sense since I was just on there. I actually already knew what song that was; I know the sound of a Richard Jacques, TJ Davis and SEGA collaboration anywhere.

That's that Richard Jacques stuff. Wasn't kidding when I said "literally Sonic R".
I know. I pretty much recognized that music.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
OK.

A) The plot should be more involved than THAT
B) It needs to start with Mario and Sonic thinking each other are the bad guys so there can be a boss fight between them.
Alternatively I think another context for a boss fight between them would be a friendly sparring match to show each other their skills. Not every crossover needs to start with the parties at odds with each other.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Noipoi Noipoi

I also think it's a good angle for Bowser to pit Sonic against Mario because he "just runs around stomping on helpless Koopas all day" and Sonic is like "That is NO good!" because he saves animals from tyrannical humans. And Eggman allies with Mario because all of Mario's enemies are basically out of controlled wildlife, and Eggman is a pretty damn good actor.

Alternatively I think another context for a boss fight between them would be a friendly sparring match to show each other their skills. Not every crossover needs to start with the parties at odds with each other.
It's not cathartic if they don't hate each other.

Plus a friendly sparing match doesn't have much narrative punch.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I really don’t like the ideas in that Pokémon GO leak that was shared here earlier.

Country-exclusive forms?

100 miles for a new Eeveelution?

Heck nah Pokémon Company, that’s no good. I already don’t bother playing it due to having to walk around town...not just because of laziness...and why are y’all trying to help airports make dough from crazed collectors...
The forms aren’t permanent from the sounds of the leak. Instead your Pokémon will get just a temporary look while somewhere else to fit the area so to speak. I’m guessing it would be an attempt at to make it feel more real.

Also now niantic snapped half the spawns away, but also added a bunch of new ones for active players who had little Pokémon around them.

So for me who hasn’t had any Pokémon at his house, I now get four spawns every 15 minutes or so because I was an active player in the area which is nice

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I’m pairing Shadow and Wario and you can’t stop me.
Mario - Sonic
Luigi - Tails
Peach - Amy
Wario - Knuckles
Bowser - Robotnik/Eggman
Waluigi - Big
Rosalina - Blaze
Yoshi - Cream
Daisy - Charmy
Bowser Jr. - Metal Sonic
Donkey Kong - Vector
Toadsworth - Espio
Toad - Omochao

Edit: I can't think of Mario characters for Shadow, Rouge, and Silver.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Y’know what? There’s no way I can really make this a game. But there is something I can do.

I might make this a webcomic.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
It's not cathartic if they don't hate each other.

Plus a friendly sparing match doesn't have much narrative punch.
Catharsis to what? Their old rivalry? The 90’s are over and Nintendo and SEGA both moved past that. I’m not saying they have to get along all the time but the whole hating each other at first is a bit overdone and unless they come up with something new, I’d rather them not waste time having the heroes fight each other instead of the bad guys.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Okay. What if Sakurai chose to go with my Fighter 2-pack idea. And these were the packs

Deductive Duelists (Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton)

Friendly Rivals (Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon)

Masters of Weaponry (Master Chief and DoomSlayer)

Challengers of the Unknown (Leon/Jill and Commander Shepard)

Chains of Dragons (Euden and Officer Howard)

Any other ideas for Fighter 2-Packs?
1) Yes, Phoenix Wright in UMvC3 was fun and from what I've heard, Professor Layton is a great series and Layton is a good character.

2) Yes, Crash would be great and Spyro is one of my favorite video game characters and a pipe dream want for the game, I'd be extremely happy to see both.

3) Sure, I'm more for DoomSlayer, but I would not complain about Master Chief since the character would be fun from what I've seen of Halo.

4) OK, I'm ambivalent on Commander Shepard so I don't mind him too much, but Leon/Jill would be neat.

5) Yes, I'm always happy to see some new blood from Nintendo get some love and I think both could be pulled off well.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Shadow is more like Wario then the latter is to Knuckles.

They're the anti-counterparts of the protagonists.

If anything Knuckles has more with Donkey Kong.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Catharsis to what? Their old rivalry? The 90’s are over and Nintendo and SEGA both moved past that. I’m not saying they have to get along all the time but the whole hating each other at first is a bit overdone and unless they come up with something new, I’d rather them not waste time having the heroes fight each other instead of the bad guys.
A) Some people will never forgive, especially after how Nintendo acted during the ESRB trial, they don't deserve forgiveness for that.
B) You may think it's overdone but there is nothing more hype than a hero fight.
C) Mario just kind of needs to get beaten up. And for the player to KNOW it happened and how it made him feel. Not like Smash where they just clap when they loose.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
A) Some people will never forgive, especially after how Nintendo acted during the ESRB trial, they don't deserve forgiveness for that.
B) You may think it's overdone but there is nothing more hype than a hero fight.
We’re having a good time let’s not start this up again

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Mario - Sonic
Luigi - Tails
Peach - Amy
Wario - Knuckles
Bowser - Robotnik/Eggman
Waluigi - Big
Rosalina - Blaze
Yoshi - Cream
Daisy - Charmy
Bowser Jr. - Metal Sonic
Donkey Kong - Vector
Toadsworth - Espio
Toad - Omochao

Edit: I can't think of Mario characters for Shadow, Rouge, and Silver.
Got it, Shadow has to deal with all 7 Koopalings.
Rouge kicks back with Pauline over drinks, away from the commotion.
And Silver falls off a cliff, forgotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom