• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Yang's extremely lucky that her battle happened when the RWBY universe still hadn't established exactly how much she could actually take before losing her aura.

Almost like DB shouldn't do certain match-ups until the characters have their abilities, limits and feats properly established and fleshed out

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Also Tails has 10 ton strength because he can pull an ten ton block whereas Luigi struggles to pull out an radish.

Did they not even do their research on Luigi? He should easily scale to Mario. Also there's a difference between lifting and pulling strength.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Curious question BTW for those that keeps watching Death Battle? Who won in Hulk vs. Doomsday? I'm probably guessing Hulk because of NLF being "Gets stronger, the angrier he gets".

Also what was their reasoning for Hiei winning against Sasuke?
Actually no. Doomsday won. They reasoned that Hulk's healing factor is what allows him to infinitly produce the anger causing chemicals in the brain, as a normal human brain can't do that. So if his healing factor was overtaxed (which Doomsday was certainly capable of doing) then he would revert back to banner and be able to be killed. Like all those times Hulk has turned back into an unconscious banner after fighting gods and enduring large explosions.

Also, I don't remember why Hiei won. It has a lot of anime jargan in it.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Curious question BTW for those that keeps watching Death Battle? Who won in Hulk vs. Doomsday? I'm probably guessing Hulk because of NLF being "Gets stronger, the angrier he gets".

Also what was their reasoning for Hiei winning against Sasuke?
The human world literally destroys itself when demonic energy if a lower S class demon uses more than 50 percent of power meaning feats shown in the demon world would have to be upscaled when Sasuke is brought up, scaling with Yusuke, Hiei naturally having counters to a lot of Sasuke's tools including his ice/fire demon heritage and his eyes, etc. It's actually one of their better ones in recent memory imo

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Actually no. Doomsday won. They reasoned that Hulk's healing factor is what allows him to infinitly produce the anger causing chemicals in the brain, as a normal human brain can't do that. So if his healing factor was overtaxed (which Doomsday was certainly capable of doing) then he would revert back to banner and be able to be killed. Like all those times Hulk has turned back into an unconscious banner after fighting gods and enduring large explosions.
*Mind blown*

I didn't think they'd actually come up with an reasonable conclusion for once. I'm actually shocked...

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I literally haven't heard any arguments on that. Then again I never check the comments
I remember seeing a lot of it on r/characterrant

I didn't read any of it but there were definitely more death battle threads than usual after that video

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Doomsday himself is also a no limits fallacy by virtue of his ability being "growing resistant to whatever killed him last" and constantly throwing down with Superman.
Man can tank almost anything it's ****ing dumb.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I'm just happy we're finally getting a Castlevania character in Death Battle

As far as the preview's concerned the animation looks pretty clean and it contains "What is a man?" so either way I'm hyped

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'm just happy we're finally getting a Castlevania character in Death Battle

As far as the preview's concerned the animation looks pretty clean and it contains "What is a man?" so either way I'm hyped
I just want them to have Dracula pull his OoE stuff. Not his moves, but rather his "You know what **** this I'm gonna walk over there and beat the **** out of you" attitude instead of just teleporting

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If Konami made a new Castlevania game (or outsourced it's development) what do you think they would/should do.

Personally, I'm betting that they'll do a modern remake of 1/IV

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
If Konami made a new Castlevania game (or outsourced it's development) what do you think they would/should do.

Get Koji back and let him do his 1999 game
When you don't watch Death Battle so you come back an hour later but the discussion is still Death Battle.

View attachment 240272
welp time to talk about it more just to spite you

Shroob

Sup?
What?

Y'all don't like Castlevania HIT THE LEVER pachinko?

Or the new, female Belmont they added to the Bomberman arcade gacha?

/s

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Get Koji back and let him do his 1999 game

welp time to talk about it more just to spite you
Battle of 1999
Give us Julius in his prime
What's the story on that. I heard SomecallmeJohnny mention it but he never elaborated.
What?

Y'all don't like Castlevania HIT THE LEVER pachinko?

Or the new, female Belmont they added to the Bomberman arcade gacha?

/s
What's wrong with adding a female Belmont? It's the family line of people who kill vampires. A girl can do that.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Hm...probably a sequel to everybody's favorite Castlevania game, of course.
Castlevania Judgment!

Shroob

Sup?
What's the story on that. I heard SomecallmeJohnny mention it but he never elaborated.

What's wrong with adding a female Belmont? It's the family line of people who kill vampires. A girl can do that.
.......lemme put it this way Snake

It's a gacha game

With gratuitous clothing damage

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I found a really good Pokemon Fan Game if you want something to pass the time. Its called Pokemon Empyrean and honestly I'm not even one gym and its pretty flawless. It looks good, the story is pretty interesting( Your dad is an agent for the police and gets captured by the bad guys when you are starting your pokemon journey so you goal is to save him as the agency abandoned helping him, and get all badges).

Its got mostly old pokemon, but some nice fakemon that are rare and not front and center. There's also regional varients such as this amazing thing:

Theres also a really good amount of unique types and pokemon scattered about early on. So if your looking for something good, give this a go!

Also if you want the lore on this zubat, zubats that die out in the region are said to be revived by some mysterious power and thus become ghost ice.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I found a really good Pokemon Fan Game if you want something to pass the time. Its called Pokemon Empyrean and honestly I'm not even one gym and its pretty flawless. It looks good, the story is pretty interesting( Your dad is an agent for the police and gets captured by the bad guys when you are starting your pokemon journey so you goal is to save him as the agency abandoned helping him, and get all badges).

Its got mostly old pokemon, but some nice fakemon that are rare and not front and center. There's also regional varients such as this amazing thing:

Theres also a really good amount of unique types and pokemon scattered about early on. So if your looking for something good, give this a go!

Also if you want the lore on this zubat, zubats that die out in the region are said to be revived by some mysterious power and thus become ghost ice.
Is it a rom or a fan game?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

In Aria of Sorrow, the events of 1999 are brought up where Julius Belmont kills Dracula for good when storming the castle with an entire militia. Koji said he wanted to make the game depicting that but was never able to and if Konami were to ask him to come back to make it, he'd say yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom