• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
In Aria of Sorrow, the events of 1999 are brought up where Julius Belmont kills Dracula for good when storming the castle with an entire militia. Koji said he wanted to make the game depicting that but was never able to and if Konami were to ask him to come back to make it, he'd say yes
Wait what.....

That's kind of weird, a Castlevania not set in the middle ages

D

Deleted member

Snake..... Soma Cruzs games all take place in like 2030.

And iirc, Richter is like the 1800s.
There's a Texan cowboy in one game based off of Quincy Morris from Dracula, so another game takes place around 1800s-early 1900s

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh yeah it also has like all 8 gyms in I believe, I think it just needs to have the league added in.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Wait what.....

That's kind of weird, a Castlevania not set in the middle ages
The first game took place in 1691 (Renaissance Era). Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night in 1792-1797. The original Dracula novel (which is canonical to Castlevania) in 1897. Bloodlines in 1917. Portrait of Ruin in 1944. You get the picture

The only games that really took place (canonically) in the middle ages was Castlevania 3, Lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness. That's of course excluding the reboots :yoshi:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well Dracula takes place in the 1800s so I think it narratively fits in the same game that uses Dracula as an antagonist.
Okay, what one is fine. I'm more referring to the one set in the future.
The first game took place in 1691 (Renaissance Era). Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night in 1792-1797. The original Dracula novel (which is canonical to Castlevania) in 1897. Bloodlines in 1917. Portrait of Ruin in 1944. You get the picture

The only games that really took place (canonically) in the middle ages was Castlevania 3, Lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness. That's of course excluding the reboots :yoshi:
You know what I meant. It's weird to not have a game in the series set in the past.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I mean

If you look up "gacha game female" in the dictionary, you're gonna find it asking you:

"Did you mean: Shame, Regret?"
After seeing the character in question I understand what you're getting at but your original post still made it seem like the character being female was your primary complaint

Also it's just kind of rude to respond with "Here we go again" when Snake didn't say anything controversial and just politely pointed out an issue with your post. Not a good look.

Shroob

Sup?
After seeing the character in question I understand what you're getting at but your original post still made it seem like the character being female was your primary complaint

Also it's just kind of rude to respond with "Here we go again" when Snake didn't say anything controversial and just politely pointed out an issue with your post. Not a good look.
Me and Snake have a rocky friendship. Best to leave it at that.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Okay, what one is fine. I'm more referring to the one set in the future.

You know what I meant. It's weird to not have a game in the series set in the past.
I think setting sequels to traditional fantasy series in the future is a really cool way to contrast what fantasy is and also cut down to see what the real core of a series is. It's exactly why I want to someday see some kind of retro-futuristic or steampunk game in the Zelda series, I know there are "robots" and Sheikah tech in the games, but everything else is still very past oriented.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think setting sequels to traditional fantasy series in the future is a really cool way to contrast what fantasy is and also cut down to see what the real core of a series is. It's exactly why I want to someday see some kind of retro-futuristic or steampunk game in the Zelda series, I know there are "robots" and Sheikah tech in the games, but everything else is still very past oriented.
And as a hardcore sci-fi fan I cringe. The future and technology have so many interesting things in their own right to play with without having to bring in demons and magic and a religion which lets you lift rocks if you believe hard enough. Leave magic in the past and keep the future about science.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
And as a hardcore sci-fi fan I cringe. The future and technology have so many interesting things in their own right to play with without having to bring in demons and magic and a religion which lets you lift rocks if you believe hard enough. Leave magic in the past and keep the future about science.
It's not supposed to be the FUTURE future but rather the modern day, like nowadays

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I can't even find the character.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That just seems needlessly limiting, especially in a world where Iron Man and Doctor Strange have teamed up on the big screen.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I don't understand that way of thinking, having a fantasy story set in the future, doesn't mean traditional sci-fi stories will be gone forever. Star Wars existing didn't kill Star Trek, it probably made it stronger now that I think about it.

It would be boring if everything had to stick to specific genre tropes and never get to bleed outside the box.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It was 2035 right? That's like, the future......

God, when I was little that kind of date was used as a distant future of vast advancements and now it's basically going to be the same thing as tomorrow isn't it.
Again, the setting isn't futuristic scifi, it's merely to excuse Soma being a high school foreign exchange student as modern day society hadn't yet been used as a setting

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
This will probably be glossed over, but I've been in a really good mood today and it made me reflect a lot on my life. I wanted to write something nice for anyone that might be having a bad day or is going through a rough time.

Whatever may have happened today, whatever rough time you are going through, it's temporary. But it's only temporary if you make it that way. Nothing bad ever has to last forever. You as an individual are in the driver's seat of your own life. The issue is, are you letting people back-seat drive? If so, take control. That's the key to almost everything in life. If you're in control of your life, you steer what direction you go in. Even if you're in the worst position imaginable, you can work hard and make your way to the top. If you have control, work hard at whatever goals you want to achieve, and constantly touch base with yourself in order to grow and change into the best version of yourself, there's nothing stopping you from happiness. Unless you're chained up in some guy's basement, you have the power to mold whatever life you want to live.

This world is cruel. Nobody is going to stop and hold your hand every step of the way. Nobody is going to feel bad that you can't come into work because you're having panic attacks, that's how you get fired. Nobody is going to feel bad that you had a horrible night and your loved one broke up with you, that's also how you get fired (if you decide to take off work from that). Unfortunately, even if you feel your reasons are completely justified, the world won't care, so everyone at some point or another has to learn to roll with the punches (lots of punches in life) and take responsibility for everything they say and do.

If you follow all this, you'll probably lead a happy life. I don't care if this sounds cringey or if you decided to skim/skip this. I'm very happy where I'm at right now, and I wanted to share some positivity, no harm in that.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
It was 2035 right? That's like, the future......

God, when I was little that kind of date was used as a distant future of vast advancements and now it's basically going to be the same thing as tomorrow isn't it.
it's gonna be the equivalent of how they portrayed the "far distant future of 2015" in Back to the Future

still waiting on those hoverboards

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I'd post it but I'm not sure if it's safe for smashboards, the character is called "Sepia Belmont"
I mean considering the average age of users here tends to be on the lower end, probably shouldn't have given them the exact search term either lmao

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Superhero media is a playground where all media tropes can co-exist. It's the exception that proves the rule.
I don't see why a creative medium needs such strict rules anyway. Successful blending of magic and technology have been done countless times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom