• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It just gets frustrating. All my life It's felt like I can't bring up the things I like without people jumping down my throat to tell me how wrong I am.

I like Death Battle
"Oh my god, why do you like them! They botch research and pick favorites, they're literally Satan!"

I like MatPat
"Oh my god, why do you like him! He steals theories and doesn't do research, he's literally Satan!"

I like PlayStation All-Stars
"Oh my god, that game is so bad! Super Smash Bros is sooooo much better! All-Stars is just gun people and copying Smash, it's literally Satan!"

I like DC Comics
"Oh my god, why do you like that! They couldn't make a good movie if they tried and they're characters are to overpowered! Marvel is way better! DC is literally Satan!

I like Sonic the Hedgehog
"Oh my god, those games suck. The Genesis games were the only good ones (and even they weren't that good) and the whole series is just edginess and glitches! It's literally Satan!"

I like Ben 10.
"Oh my god, you're so dumb! That show's dumb! You should be watching Star Wars instead! Ben 10 is literally Satan!" (And this one wasn't people on the internet. This one was IRL.)

Like, I know people are entitled to their own opinions, and I don't know what computer error in the universe made me like so many things that other people despise, but hearing stuff like this all my life is just... tiring. And depressing. It makes me feel like I can't talk to anyone about what I like without them telling me how bad literally everything I like is, and how bad it must make me by proxy. And it starts to make me wonder if people actually know what they're talking about when they say these things.
It's pretty civil now all things considered, and even the people who like DB admit there's some glaring flaws. ****, I did it myself just then

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Then... Why are you upset? People aren't making fun of you for liking it and again, fans agree with some criticisms. Are you unable to like anything if someone criticizes it? Genuine question as I'm a tad concerned
It's hard for me to listen to criticism without being reminded of what I've been through in the past. But that is my problem. Not the boards.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The issue with Death Battle is you either get:
- Stomps like Black Panther vs Batman, Flash vs Quicksilver, and Ultron vs Sigma or anything involving Superman or Darkseid
- Extremely suspect reasoning for wins like Hal Jordan vs Ben 10 and Joker vs Sweet Tooth
- Hilariously wrong results like Yang vs Tifa and Batman vs Captain America
- Mortal Kombat **** like Sub-Zero vs Glacius and Sonya vs Cammy

And very rarely do you get an actual well researched, proper fight like Raiden vs Wolverine

Noipoi

Howdy!
I just glad they’re doesn’t seem to be a Toothless death battle.

Now I don’t gotta get involved.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
- Stomps like Black Panther vs Batman, Flash vs Quicksilver, and Ultron vs Sigma or anything involving Superman or Darkseid
- Extremely suspect reasoning for wins like Hal Jordan vs Ben 10 and Joker vs Sweet Tooth

And very rarely do you get an actual well researched, proper fight like Raiden vs Wolverine
Agree to disagree I guess.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
First I heard of Sonya VS Cammy and Hal VS Ben 10 being criticized, granted I didn't watch the former

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Going to go soon to bed, and with that, tomorrow will be the start of Spoopy Skeleton Time.

I have some project planned for this month, but no promises since I'm bad at those lol, but I try to make some cool stuff here and there.

On that said, have a good time here ya all...:evil:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I remember this claim of Wolverine being Mach 5K back on the ScrewAttack Forums.

LMAO.

Not to say they didn't get the battle right because they did.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
First I heard of Sonya VS Cammy and Hal VS Ben 10 being criticized, granted I didn't watch the former
I think that it's a little weird that they use the Test Your Might minigames as cannon, but they use it for every character in the game across every battle so it's at least consistent. And they do the same thing with Fight the Car in Street Fighter. And I think they do that because there are very few actual "feats" for these characters outside of gameplay. If you remove everything that is influenced by the player, then for a lot of these characters you don't really have anything left.

Ben 10 vs. Green Lantern is... weird. I don't necessarily agree with their conclusion, but I at least understand how they got there and it makes sense to me. You gotta remember that it is all up to interpretation since it's impossible to actually measure these characters. It's why the took the "let's end this debate once and for all" line out of their episodes.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The Death Battle that still gets to me the most is Toph vs. Gaara. Seriously Gaara should had massacred her in every way possible but their conclusion is Toph can sense and react to any attack before it even begins.

Oh please...

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The Death Battle that still gets to me the most is Toph vs. Gaara. Seriously Gaara should had massacred her in every way possible but their conclusion is Toph can sense and react to any attack before it even begins.

Oh please...
I mean... It's true. She can sense earth that's not even connected to the ground and she can sense every finite twitch of muscle movement. Don't blame Death Battle, blame Avatar.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I mean... It's true. She can sense earth that's not even connected to the ground and she can sense every finite twitch of muscle movement. Don't blame Death Battle, blame Avatar.
Toph vs. Every character in fiction then when?

Given she can sense any attack before it begins.

#Tophmostpowerfulcharacterinfictionconfirmed

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I don't watch death battle but I remember there being a lot of discussion around Ben 10 vs Hal, people really didn't like that one

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
And remember Yang's reason for winning. She gets stronger the more she's hit.

Imagine how much stronger she'd be from a punch by Superman and Hulk. :rolleyes:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Toph vs. Every character in fiction then when?

Given she can sense any attack before it begins.

#Tophmostpowerfulcharacterinfictionconfirmed
I mean, it doesn't matter if she can sense an attack if the person is literally Galactus and can incinerate her with a look. She still has an upper limit on strength. This is basically just super reaction speed.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Just waiting for the “My Dad vs Your Dad” death battle
My dad's dad so that's just very onesided
And remember Yang's reason for winning. She gets stronger the more she's hit.

Imagine how much stronger she'd be from a punch by Superman and Hulk. :rolleyes:
I don't really get the point of bringing this one up as EVERYONE agreed it was bull**** as soon as the matchup was announced
I don't watch death battle but I remember there being a lot of discussion around Ben 10 vs Hal, people really didn't like that one
I literally haven't heard any arguments on that. Then again I never check the comments

MainJPW

M.T.A
I remember this claim of Wolverine being Mach 5K back on the ScrewAttack Forums.
That must be a cesspool.
Oh wow, that one's a classic. Gaara literally solos the entire verse.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Another one that really gets me is Scorpion vs. Ryu.

Scorpion's allowed to NFL his opponent and reason for winning is he becomes stronger every second he's in the Neatherrealm. Ryu through scaling matches Akuma who destroyed an island with an punch. Scorpion doesn't even come close!

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Yeah I was looking forward to that one, especially since the matchup was my preferred one for both characters. The battle was pretty disappointing all around. I would've at least been less mad at the outcome if they had treated Ben correctly.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Curious question BTW for those that keeps watching Death Battle? Who won in Hulk vs. Doomsday? I'm probably guessing Hulk because of NLF being "Gets stronger, the angrier he gets".

Also what was their reasoning for Hiei winning against Sasuke?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom