• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
But of course there's instances of DB pairing up characters with a broad theme and it's not particularly fair to one side...

Gee, who'd win? The "cute but deadly" cartoon character who operates with intentionally exaggerated feats of strength AND is a prominent character in his universe OOOOOOOR...

The run-of-the-mill monster who's feats aren't exaggerated for the setting and is only a minor character?

I'm wracking my brain over this decision :yoshi:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It's been a few years since I saw it but I'm pretty sure them saying that is meant to be the short version of it. An actual example of right winner and wrong reasoning is Sol VS Ragna as they ****ed up on the lore on BOTH of them which downplayed both
Same here been a few years as well. All I remember was that being their reasoning. Maybe I'd have to watch the end again to find out but I've stopped watching since their whole loving of using no-limit-faculties and inaccurate results.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
One thing Death Battle has gotten me to appreciate is that comics are ****ing bull****. Death Battle was the first time I got detailed info on Darkseid and my friends laughed when I muttered "I ****ing hate comicd"
Can we all agree that not only are anime and comics stupid but fiction as a whole is stupid?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Can we all agree that not only are anime and comics stupid but fiction as a whole is stupid?
I mean, sometimes fiction can be pretty grounded like say, MHA. Despite the superpowers and **** that's less over the top and more grounded
Same here been a few years as well. All I remember was that being their reasoning. Maybe I'd have to watch the end again to find out but I've stopped watching since their whole loving of using no-limit-faculties and inaccurate results.
As Opossum said, you brought up a match up that was fairly recent so you evidently still do watch

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Who do you think would win a sword fight:
Samurai Jack or Pearl from Steven Universe?
In reality? Pearl. She's got much better stats through scaling to a few select feats.

But we all know the only SU fight that'll happen is Steven Universe VS. Star Butterfly.

MainJPW

M.T.A
But of course there's instances of DB pairing up characters with a broad theme and it's not particularly fair to one side...
Yeah, that falls on its head in more ways than one because you get stuff like Android 18 vs. Captain Marvel where they're "blonde females with energy projection and energy absorbtion" even though it was specifically stated in the manga that 18 isn't an absorption model and can't absorb energy...and having "superior" energy absorption was the deciding factor of 18 winning that battle.

I brought up Death Battle and now everyone is fighting over it.
No one's fighting.

Noipoi

Howdy!
In reality? Pearl. She's got much better stats through scaling to a few select feats.

But we all know the only SU fight that'll happen is Steven Universe VS. Star Butterfly.
All Star would have to do is break out that butterfly spell that can destroy anything.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Jeese i’m Sorry I brought it up.
Screwattack is a sensitive subject to some. Not necessarily on this forum but in general.

People take it way too seriously. It should only be part of one's life for how long an episode is.

Individuals getting worked up over their favorite characters losing is childish.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Lmao I know Star wrecks but people request mismatches all the time and DB sometimes does them.

Anyways, remember when Kirby beat Majin Buu?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
As Opossum said, you brought up a match up that was fairly recent so you evidently still do watch
I actually don't. The episodes since I've last watched which was Amy vs. Ramona continues to be on my recommended list on YouTube. Probably due to looking up similar stuff and such.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Screwattack is a sensitive subject to some. Not necessarily on this forum but in general.

People take it way too seriously. It should only be part of one's life for how long an episode is.

Individuals getting worked up over their favorite characters losing is childish.
Well MY favorite character won his battle and I was still facepalming :yoshi:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I'm honestly waiting for another Sonic character. We've had at least one each season and there's still populat picks like Blaze, Silver, and Rouge left.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Anyhow to shine some positive light on this thread

I've finally signed up for a beginner's acting class

Because what's the point of living if you don't do the things in life you want to do, eh?

Carpe diem, people!

Carpe diem...

D

Deleted member

Just picked up 2 job applications. Hopefully I get hired at one of the places.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So anyone here besides me gonna go see Gemini Man?

Its being directed by Ang Lee who did The Life of Pi.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
People aren't really fighting per se, just debating it. If anything I welcome this discussion as we never really DO this topic
It just gets frustrating. All my life It's felt like I can't bring up the things I like without people jumping down my throat to tell me how wrong I am.

I like Death Battle
"Oh my god, why do you like them! They botch research and pick favorites, they're literally Satan!"

I like MatPat
"Oh my god, why do you like him! He steals theories and doesn't do research, he's literally Satan!"

I like PlayStation All-Stars
"Oh my god, that game is so bad! Super Smash Bros is sooooo much better! All-Stars is just gun people and copying Smash, it's literally Satan!"

I like DC Comics
"Oh my god, why do you like that! They couldn't make a good movie if they tried and they're characters are to overpowered! Marvel is way better! DC is literally Satan!

I like Sonic the Hedgehog
"Oh my god, those games suck. The Genesis games were the only good ones (and even they weren't that good) and the whole series is just edginess and glitches! It's literally Satan!"

I like Ben 10.
"Oh my god, you're so dumb! That show's dumb! You should be watching Star Wars instead! Ben 10 is literally Satan!" (And this one wasn't people on the internet. This one was IRL.)

Like, I know people are entitled to their own opinions, and I don't know what computer error in the universe made me like so many things that other people despise, but hearing stuff like this all my life is just... tiring. And depressing. It makes me feel like I can't talk to anyone about what I like without them telling me how bad literally everything I like is, and how bad it must make me by proxy. And it starts to make me wonder if people actually know what they're talking about when they say these things.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Legitimately though, imagine if Tartakovsky and Sugar had the chance to choreograph and animate a sword fight between Pearl and Samurai Jack, think of how stunning that would look...
And add Craig McCracken so the trio of Noipoi’s personal heroes can be complete.

MainJPW

M.T.A
It just gets frustrating. All my life It's felt like I can't bring up the things I like without people jumping down my throat to tell me how wrong I am.

I like Death Battle
"Oh my god, why do you like them! They botch research and pick favorites, they're literally Satan!"

I like MatPat
"Oh my god, why do you like him! He steals theories and doesn't do research, he's literally Satan!"

I like PlayStation All-Stars
"Oh my god, that game is so bad! Super Smash Bros is sooooo much better! All-Stars is just gun people and copying Smash, it's literally Satan!"

I like DC Comics
"Oh my god, why do you like that! They couldn't make a good movie if they tried and they're characters are to overpowered! Marvel is way better! DC is literally Satan!

I like Sonic the Hedgehog
"Oh my god, those games suck. The Genesis games were the only good ones (and even they weren't that good) and the whole series is just edginess and glitches! It's literally Satan!"

I like Ben 10.
"Oh my god, you're so dumb! That show's dumb! You should be watching Star Wars instead! Ben 10 is literally Satan!" (And this one wasn't people on the internet. This one was IRL.)

Like, I know people are entitled to their own opinions, and I don't know what computer error in the universe made me like so many things that other people despise, but hearing stuff like this all my life is just... tiring. And depressing. It makes me feel like I can't talk to anyone about what I like without them telling me how bad literally everything I like is, and how bad it must make me by proxy. And it starts to make me wonder if people actually know what they're talking about when they say these things.
Where'd all that come from...

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Me agree.

I just let people enjoy stuff and I expect others to do the same to me. Who am I to judge other's taste? Liking stuff is entirely subjective so someone liking something doesn't make them less worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom