• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Pranked!
I think Tails should be the next Sonic character, though I’d also like Shadow, Eggman, Knuckles, and some others.

People would likely find my reasoning for Tails as the second character to be arbitrary, anyway, though I like him too...

I’d also like Aiai as far as other Sega franchises.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I think Tails should be the next Sonic character, though I’d also like Shadow, Eggman, Knuckles, and some others.

People would likely find my reasoning for Tails as the second character to be arbitrary, anyway, though I like him too...

I'm for NiGHTS. Like, not many of SEGA's franchises besides Sonic and Persona/SMT can be classified as "legacy IPs", so they're all of equal importance in my mind. And NiGHTS just seems like to most interesting to me.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Most of the thread. Someone briefly asked why Sonic doesn't have a new rep and everyone was all "there are so many other SEGA franchises to represent instead. SEGA isn't just a Sonic machine".

I don't completely disagree...I DO want Arle from Puyo Puyo.
I'd be fine with it. Sega's definitely got a lot of potential candidates, and they already have 3 characters technically. So I don't see why a 2nd Sonic one would be that weird now that we're in a world with Ken and Richter at the very least.

If I had to choose, it'd be either Tails or Knuckles.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

Tails would be a great addition. Yes, there's a little bias there from me of course, but if I'm objective as possible, he has enough potential to have his own moveset and he's well-liked among the fanbase as well.
Agreed. So how is everyones night going?
Mine's going well. Just resting after a semi-relaxing, semi-busy Sunday.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Saying other Sega franchises need to be represented over Sonic is a pretty garbage excuse to rob Smash of getting another character from the series that's essentially Sega's Super Mario.

And that's coming from someone who hasn't touched a Sonic game in years.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm not likable.
You clown. You absolute fool. You plebeian. You troglodyte. You mother ****ing ******. You idiot. You stooge. You dimwit. You jabronie. You imbecile. You stupid stupid boy. You naive ninny. You dunce. You doofus. You moron. You dingus. You dongle. You homunculus. You ridiculously pitiful excuse of a man.

I like you :)

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I haven't played any Sega series besides Sonic, so I don't have a preference on what the next series we get from it is. Though, I don't think any other Sega series stand out, except maybe Puyo Puyo.

At the same time, Sega already got a new character in every game since Brawl, so I don't even know if Sonic characters are likely at this point.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
A while back, a couple people asked me to make more options for the Mega Man character poll. I mostly remember people mentioning Roll, Sigma and Tron, so they were the added options. If any of you want to shill for them because you think they're cool. They're now separate options. But I didn't want to get rid of the old votes, as that might be hard to keep track of again.

https://smashboards.com/threads/super-fighting-robots-2nd-mega-man-character-thread.482471/page-2

So yeah, it took me a while, but the dark deed that was requested has been fulfilled.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Seriously, I would pay top dollar for the ability to use the d-pad to move in Smash and use the analogue stick for taunts. I use the d-pad over the stick in every other fighting game and I hate how I'm forced to use the stick in Smash.

D

Deleted member

You clown. You absolute fool. You plebeian. You troglodyte. You mother ****ing ******. You idiot. You stooge. You dimwit. You jabronie. You imbecile. You stupid stupid boy. You naive ninny. You dunce. You doofus. You moron. You dingus. You dongle. You homunculus. You ridiculously pitiful excuse of a man.

I like you :)
I honestly was going to try to set up a post to use this GIF, but I guess yours fits well enough.
Edit: Why is the quality so bad omg....

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCJBrine

Pranked!
I'm for NiGHTS. Like, not many of SEGA's franchises besides Sonic and Persona/SMT can be classified as "legacy IPs", so they're all of equal importance in my mind. And NiGHTS just seems like to most interesting to me.
NiGHTS looks cool.

I’ve never been very interested in it myself, though; I think my only Sega games were some Sonic games and Super Monkey Ball Deluxe (rented Adventure one time) unless I’m forgetting something.

I remember seeing NiGHTS on something when I was a bit younger, though, but it wasn’t one of the series’ games themselves; I thought the character was a girl until I read something someone said online, heh.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
You know you can remap controls right?
Yeah. I know that. But I can't change movement. I literally tried. You can alter every other button function except the one that moves your character.
NiGHTS looks cool.

I’ve never been very interested in it myself, though; I think my only Sega games were some Sonic games and Super Monkey Ball Deluxe (rented Adventure one time) unless I’m forgetting something.

I remember seeing NiGHTS on something when I was a bit younger, though, but it wasn’t one of the series’ games themselves; I thought the character was a girl until I read something someone said online, heh.
The character is gender-less.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Seriously, I would pay top dollar for the ability to use the d-pad to move in Smash and use the analogue stick for taunts. I use the d-pad over the stick in every other fighting game and I hate how I'm forced to use the stick in Smash.
Maybe this oddity will suffice?
I know it's designed for the Lite, but who says you can't use it for a standard switch?

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Outside of Sonic, if SEGA got another character, I'd want either Axel/Blaze from Streets of Rage or Beat from Jet Set Radio. Cause they'd bring in some good tracks.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Counted the days left this year. We have 92 days left until we enter 2020 the final year of this decade until we enter the new one the 2020's.

D

Deleted member

Imagine going to a strip club in the year 2019

Madam, the internet has you covered.
People still do. You'd be surprised. Strip clubs has alcohol, serves food, and allows smoking so it's not just the obvious service they're providing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom