• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Let’s just say I HOPE they do well. Still waiting to see what they do to move Ristolainen, but I’m hoping they don’t trade him for scraps.
I think they'll be slightly better than last year, but I'm still hesitant to call them a playoff team. My Atlantic prediction looks like this:

1st: Tampa Bay Lightning
2nd: Toronto Maple Leafs
3rd: Boston Bruins
4th: Florida Panthers
5th: Montreal Canadiens
6th: Buffalo Sabres
7th: Detroit Red Wings
8th: Ottawa Senators

First four teams will all be real solid. Atlantic is looking really good this year. Detroit and Ottawa will probably be EZ-Moneh. Buffalo and Montreal are in that awkward middle-ground where they *could* make the playoffs, but it's not likely.

D

Deleted member

The only Dragons that I know with a good amount of context is Spyro.
Spyro who? Midnight Mountain what?

Jade Mountain is where it's all at baby!

(if you don't know, this is a meme format from one of Rank10ygo's videos. I don't remember which one thou)

D

Deleted member

LIKE MAYBE

:ultmario: Saving the princess
:ultsonic: Or stopping Robotnik
:ultpacman: Or reaching for the highest score

:ultpokemontrainer: Becoming the champion of an entire region
:ultdk: Or nabbing the banana horde

:ultbanjokazooie: Getting Tooty back
:ultinkling: Saving Inkopolis
:ultsamus: Exterminating Mother Brain

:ultwario: Getting stinkin’ rich
:ultsnake: Hiding inside a box
:ultduckhunt: Or driving the player insane
This is the best post I’ve seen anywhere today

D

Deleted member

I like dragons in fiction that actually have agency in stories with humans in them

IF THERE WAS ANY!!! :yoshi:
Two words:
Wings of FIRE DAMMIT!

I mean, I guess it doesn't really count, because Humans are called "Scavengers" and they don't really do much plot wise(more like a plot device imo)

D

Deleted member

Any dragon's worth a mention, but it's still a shame nobody mentioned the best dragon.
Can you use the thumbnail instead of the full image please?

On topic, even in MLP, he's like my least favorite character. Like, he shouldn't even exist, he's very rarely even relevant to the plot, and the few times he is he's the one who causes the events that set the plot of each episode off in the first place.

D

Deleted member

It's called Dragon Tales.

Disclaimer: I have never actually seen Dragon Tales, I just assume that they work toward goals.
LMAO. No but seriously, Dragon Tales, for a toddler level show, is actually somewhat good. I mean, the plot obviously, is bad, but the previse is kinda cool(until it becomes a serious trope where characters in media enter "Special Worlds" via literally portals)

Last edited by a moderator:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
why is this Rathian dancing on my grave
Should've Flash Bombed her.

I like dragons in fiction that actually have agency in stories with humans in them

IF THERE WAS ANY!!! :yoshi:
The Temeraire book series has a major plot point being that the main character's dragon is trying to get more agency for his mistreated kin.

D

Deleted member

I kinda envision a dragon rider story where the dynamic is switched. Dragons are the dominant race and society is built around them and the humans are the rare mystical race with magical qualities. :yoshi:
DO I have to say it again...?

WINGS OF FIRE DAMMIT

aside from the dragon rider thing, that barely happens through the series.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Toothless, Smaug, Spyro, King Ghidorah.

Probably among the most popular dragons in media.
I'd rank Toothless as the best because of how well-received the HTTYD trilogy is received. I liked Spyro as a kid but his franchise fell off for a while. It's finally getting revived but eh. I've never read the Hobbit, and while Smaug is cool in the Hobbit movies, due to the Hobbit movies being average overall imo he's left in the background for me.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'd rank Toothless as the best because of how well-received the HTTYD trilogy is received. I liked Spyro as a kid but his franchise fell off for a while. It's finally getting revived but eh. I've never read the Hobbit, and while Smaug is cool in the Hobbit movies, due to the Hobbit movies being average overall imo he's left in the background for me.
Indeed. HTTYD franchise were perfect examples of movies that executed old tropes perfectly. I used to feel the second film was a letdown but the more I thought about it tbh the more I've grown more warm to it. My only issue was for why Valka supposedly died.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
For real though, the best dragon ever is me whenever a full moon rolls around. It's like a werewolf transformation but way cooler. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom