• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Why tf did I sign up for an art class when I know I have severe social anxiety?

It starts this Saturday and I’m freakin out lmao
Just dab on the anxiety.

Thanks, but if I were to list everything wrong with me, I'd still be here tomorrow. Besides, it's just me, so not like it's important anyway, I suppose.
Gonna be real, not liking how you downplay yourself here. Your problems are important, mate.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
*Comes out of shadows*

Take it from someone else with severe social anxiety, the best way to lean to cope with it is to surround yourself with people and force yourself to interact with them, preferably in a positive environment. You're doing the right thing.

*Returns to the shadows*

D

Deleted member

*Comes out of shadows*

Take it from someone else with severe social anxiety, the best way to lean to cope with it is to surround yourself with people and force yourself to interact with them, preferably in a positive environment. You're doing the right thing.

*Returns to the shadows*
Zachmac right now.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

I know the feeling. You're gonna be alright, just get out there and make some epic art.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Here's another game we can play before I go to work. This one features first-parties and a Nintendo Switch theme because I'll be darned if third-parties consume all of the speculation talk a second time.

Pick your favorite in each of the following groups:

Daruk, Revali, Mipha, Urbosa
Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Min Min, Twintelle
Callie and Marie, Pearl and Marina, Octoling
Pauline, Captain Toad, Waluigi, Geno
Rex and Pyra, Elma
BWD, Marx, Adeline, Magolor
Poochy, Kamek
Byleth, Dimitri, Edelgard, Claude
E. Gadd, King Boo, Gooigi
Corviknight, Obstagoon, Sirfetch'd, Zacian/Zamazenta

Just something to do for fun. Don't take most of these options too seriously.
Elizabeth "Urbosa" Maxwell
Twintelle
Lesbian Couple
Waluigi yeah yeah yeah
Elma but actually Mumkhar
Karl Marx
Kamek
Muh Kween Edelgard
King Boo
Corviknight

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

xD Noi, count to ten, relax. Don't over think it and just go with the flow of things, ok? :3 Everything is going to be alright. :D You are a wonderful person AND artist. I know you will manage!

D

Deleted member

Maybe it would indeed help a bit to vent, at least I might be able to sleep then, I hope. I could also be just stupid and dumb and are blowing everything out of proportion, but I doubt it, knowing my history,
I don't even know where to start. I've always been an anxious mess with low self-esteem. Like, for example, whenever I see someone quoting me, my first thought is "Oh god, I hope I didn't make someone mad".

I've also never had many friends and the few I had back in school always saw me as expendable, always planning things without me or flat out not having time when asked (though one of them became a WoW addict, so there's that). It also doesn't help that I've always been quite girly even before coming out as trans, so maybe I'd have just embarrassed them? I dunno, they never said anything.

Don't have a family either, save for my two grandparents. My mother I haven't seen in over 15 years, not to mention she's a liar and thief (stole 150 DM ~ 75€, from me, which is a ton for a 8 year old child), so not the best role model. And my dad hasn't spoken a single word to me in over half a year, because I said no to giving my mobile phone number to some dubious website just so he could get something. Nevermind that I'm an adult, not a kid he can command around, my phone is my privacy. And that's not even going into some of the stuff he said to me regarding other things. And I don't have any other family.

In short I've always been an outcast, nothing more than a convenient time waster for others. I've been trying really hard to be more sociable, for example by coming here for the first time, after having been on this site for 5 years, but I kinda feel like I'm just in the way, for lack of better word. Everyone here seems pretty close knit, so it feels like I'm just disrupting everything, so to say, by desperately trying to fit in and failing. I'm not funny, not witty, not anything else, I'm just there. And even if I try to make a joke, my anxiety prevents me with the thought "What if it gets taken too seriously? I don't want people to hate me.".

Edit: It's also 6.30am, I really should leave...
I mean granted, I'm not an easy person with all my issues, but still... it kinda hurts. I know there's the saying "When life gives you lemons...", but life hasn't even given me that.
That's the short gist of it. Not sure if people care, but I feel like I had to get it off my chest.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So I'm playing Mario Kart Tour and the first racer (besides Toad) I ended up getting was goddamn Metal Mario :yoshi:
lucky, I got Daisy.

not that there’s anything wrong with Daisy I just wanted the metal dude.

edit: Actually it was Bowser so that’s pretty awesome, but Daisy came after him.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yes hello I am sick.

Come get your free runny nose, fever and sore throat RIGHT HERE
Get well soon.

Imagine if you could trade your illness away to a willing party.

Man. The world could be so much more interesting if we all had weird magic powers
Can you make a party "willing" by putting a gun to their head? Asking out of academic curiosity.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That sounds utterly horrifying actually.
It’s not like you could force it. They’d have to let you.

What if everyone had one weird magic power. And each person has a unique one. And when someone dies their power goes on to someone else who was born at the exact same moment. But they’re not like superpowers. They’re weird things like trading illnesses and making fish smell good.
Get well soon.

Can you make a party "willing" by putting a gun to their head? Asking out of academic curiosity.
No. They have to will it with all of their soul.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
It’s not like you could force it. They’d have to let you.

What if everyone had one weird magic power. And each person has a unique one. And when someone dies their power goes on to someone else who was born at the exact same moment. But they’re not like superpowers. They’re weird things like trading illnesses and making fish smell good.

No. They have to will it with all of their soul.
But, what if

osby

Smash Obsessed
And when someone dies their power goes on to someone else who was born at the exact same moment.
Humans have a much higher birth rate than death rate, though. Some new powers have to come from somewhere other than deceased people.

making fish smell good.
...I live in the wrong universe.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Humans have a much higher birth rate than death rate, though. Some new powers have to come from somewhere other than deceased people.

...I live in the wrong universe.
Well. Yeah. Obviously. New powers are created all the time. And they only get weirder and more specific as the population grows. Like that Yugoslavian kid who can turn butter into “I can’t believe it’s not butter”
But, what if

The soul is life energy shaped by your mental patterns. Are you alive? Then you have a soul.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Well. Yeah. Obviously. New powers are created all the time. And they only get weirder and more specific as the population grows. Like that Yugoslavian kid who can turn butter into “I can’t believe it’s not butter”

The soul is life energy shaped by your mental patterns. Are you alive? Then you have a soul.
Isn't that just a brain?

:dr^_^:

#Realphilosophyhours

_Fun.Tendo_

Smash Cadet
I'm'a bored so want to play a game. Rate these characters chances as DLC.

Crash Bandicoot
Dante
Doom Slayer
Geno
Shantae
Sora
Crash - I think he's going to get in, either as Challenger Pack 5 or later down the line.
Dante - Possible, but he's up against other Capcom reps for a spot.
Doom Slayer - Same with Crash, I think's super likely at this point and a top contender for Challenger Pack 5.
Shantae - Chances are kinda low, a Mii Costume would be more likely honestly.
Sora - Eh, probably not.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Here's another game we can play before I go to work. This one features first-parties and a Nintendo Switch theme because I'll be darned if third-parties consume all of the speculation talk a second time.

Pick your favorite in each of the following groups:

Daruk, Revali, Mipha, Urbosa
Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Min Min, Twintelle
Callie and Marie, Pearl and Marina, Octoling
Pauline, Captain Toad, Waluigi, Geno
Rex and Pyra, Elma
BWD, Marx, Adeline, Magolor
Poochy, Kamek
Byleth, Dimitri, Edelgard, Claude
E. Gadd, King Boo, Gooigi
Corviknight, Obstagoon, Sirfetch'd, Zacian/Zamazenta

Just something to do for fun. Don't take most of these options too seriously.
I have to? Urbosa, I guess
Spring Man
Pearl and Marina
Pauline
Rex and Pyra (I know nothing about XCX)
Bandana Dee
Poochy
As a character? Claude. As a fighter? Byleth.
...none of them?
Sirfetch'd, but there are better Pokemon in Sword and Shield

Maybe because I'm not a primarily Nintendo fan, but like half of this list would be actually exciting for me. Still, I'd like if at least one Switch game gets a fighter before DLC ends.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Welp. I'm in Switzerland right now, so if there are any K. Rool mains here who want to ditto set me then have at me. Winner takes "Best K. Rool in Switzerland" mantle, pride, and soul.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Welp. I'm in Switzerland right now, so if there are any K. Rool mains here who want to ditto set me then have at me. Winner takes "Best K. Rool in Switzerland" mantle, pride, and soul.
Then it turns out the entirety of Switzerland are MKLeo tier players and demand to challenge you for making this claim and losing means you get kicked out of the country

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Then it turns out the entirety of Switzerland are MKLeo tier players and demand to challenge you for making this claim and losing means you get kicked out of the country
They won't get to kick me out, by my terms they'll have my soul then so I'll be dead. So really it's win-win, either I get the souls of all of Switzerland or I stay forever with them not being able to do anything about it.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
They'll use your soul to fuel their cows which will fully consume you so technically you disappear
... I hadn't thought that far. **** that's a terrible fate.

Well guess I still have the option of winning. I haven't heard of a top K. Rool in Switzerland, how much competition can there really be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom