• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Maybe it would indeed help a bit to vent, at least I might be able to sleep then, I hope. I could also be just stupid and dumb and are blowing everything out of proportion, but I doubt it, knowing my history,
I don't even know where to start. I've always been an anxious mess with low self-esteem. Like, for example, whenever I see someone quoting me, my first thought is "Oh god, I hope I didn't make someone mad".

I've also never had many friends and the few I had back in school always saw me as expendable, always planning things without me or flat out not having time when asked (though one of them became a WoW addict, so there's that). It also doesn't help that I've always been quite girly even before coming out as trans, so maybe I'd have just embarrassed them? I dunno, they never said anything.

Don't have a family either, save for my two grandparents. My mother I haven't seen in over 15 years, not to mention she's a liar and thief (stole 150 DM ~ 75€, from me, which is a ton for a 8 year old child), so not the best role model. And my dad hasn't spoken a single word to me in over half a year, because I said no to giving my mobile phone number to some dubious website just so he could get something. Nevermind that I'm an adult, not a kid he can command around, my phone is my privacy. And that's not even going into some of the stuff he said to me regarding other things. And I don't have any other family.

In short I've always been an outcast, nothing more than a convenient time waster for others. I've been trying really hard to be more sociable, for example by coming here for the first time, after having been on this site for 5 years, but I kinda feel like I'm just in the way, for lack of better word. Everyone here seems pretty close knit, so it feels like I'm just disrupting everything, so to say, by desperately trying to fit in and failing. I'm not funny, not witty, not anything else, I'm just there. And even if I try to make a joke, my anxiety prevents me with the thought "What if it gets taken too seriously? I don't want people to hate me.".

Edit: It's also 6.30am, I really should leave...
I mean granted, I'm not an easy person with all my issues, but still... it kinda hurts. I know there's the saying "When life gives you lemons...", but life hasn't even given me that.
That's the short gist of it. Not sure if people care, but I feel like I had to get it off my chest.
Hey. I care.

I can also relate to you and empathize as soneone who routinely feels like I exist purely for background noise to some people

Like Zachmac said, though: Surrounding yourself with people and forcing interactions in a casual, friendly environment does help. No one expects you to be a huge social influencer or life of the party, so congratulate yourself over the steps you took to get there rather than the end result not being absolutely perfect.

Hell, there are apps purely for one-on-one meetings and **** so you can test the waters a bit. Though always remember your safety comes first.

I can also relate on the gender thing although I'm not exactly 100% set on my identity.

I know it's hard, but you can make it if you try, and even the smallest little things can go a long way towards helping your mindset, so don't feel ashamed or full of regret if you couldn't perform as planned; it's all about learning and overcoming but only at your own pace.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I just had to drink the most pulpy ass orange juice ever to be able to sit down at the airport.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
For anyone who plays MK11, There's new competitive variations or something? I didn't get a good look at it yet, but I might soon. I want to see if Sub-Zero got some cool **** in it.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Picked up a copy of DQXIS.

Not sure how much time I'll have to play it now as I've been really busy lately.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
After playing Banjo for basically all month, going back to K. Rool makes it obvious how bad he is.

...I might bench the King for the time being.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
After playing Banjo for basically all month, going back to K. Rool makes it obvious how bad he is.

It really is hard to play any other character then switch back to the King and still say "yeah this character doesn't seriously struggle at all." I really do hope they revisit buffing him. I know for a fact that Bowser in this game proves heavies can be viable, hell, damn good. K. Rool needs a lot more than he has right now though to be at that level.

StormC

Smash Hero
It really is hard to play any other character then switch back to the King and still say "yeah this character doesn't seriously struggle at all." I really do hope they revisit buffing him. I know for a fact that Bowser in this game proves heavies can be viable, hell, damn good. K. Rool needs a lot more than he has right now though to be at that level.
Not having literally every move be unsafe on shield would be a good start.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Honestly I put him aside for my sm4sh main month one, long before K Rool was even nerfed. I adore K Rool and am still grateful he is back but playing him against anyone close to a comparable skill level who has seen his tricks before is just painful.

Last edited:

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Not having literally every move be unsafe on shield would be a good start.
I think for K. Rool to be the defensive heavy archetype his moveset was designed around, he should:
Have way less risk attached to one of his main projectiles, the krown. The krown should probably have the initial start-up be way faster so it's less telegraphed and makes it harder for characters with reflectors to just throw it back at him on reaction. Make the hitbox bigger as well so it's harder to jump over. I would also reduce the amount of time a stray krown stays on the battlefield drastically, I think the opponent getting a hold of it should be a rarity, not a norm. I would decrease the start-up of the cannonball as well, however, perhaps slightly reduce the speed of the projectile but expand its active frames so it can have more stage presence and give K. Rool an option for stage control if he must approach. Give said projectile more health. Make kounter cover his entire front and have the ending of a successful activation be reduced so he can follow up on it better. For his normals, reduce bair landing lag to 0 so he can wall with it. Should be safe on shield as well. Make nair's armor cover more for K. Rool and have its burst hitbox be bigger so it can be a good combo breaker. Make uair's hitbox bigger horizontally. A spaced d-tilt should be safe on shield. Make f-smash safe on block, same deal with u-smash. Make u-throw kill sooner. And that would be it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Honestly I never had a high opinion on K.Rool's competitive viability but when I saw the "K.Rool needs buffs" thread on the main page I clicked on it out of curiousity and holy **** I did NOT know how bad it was. Idk who decided to make the crown so much worse than Boomerangs or Belmont Cross but they're probably the same person who balanced Zelda in every game and the person who feels Robin doesn't need buffs

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i like playing k. rool for the dunks

banjo's just not my type of character, k. rools fine enough for me

This was me after trying :ultken: or :ultsimon: out for a bit outside of Little Mac months ago.

Once Terry comes out with his way easier inputs (True Shoryu has always been a problem and I've seen no one tackle shortcuts with controller footage), I think my time for the switch has come. If they change Mac's ability to use side special again after he's been hit, I'll reconsider making him a main man. Otherwise I have literally no purpose in using him that much anymore.

It's not that I'm not having fun using Little Mac, but I think it'll be more enjoyable to use one of the shotos instead since I understand how to use them..

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Decided to look up Mario Kart Tour. You guys thought metal, gold or bronze versions of the characters were bad enough. These are characters that are being planned apparently.

-Mario wearing a hakama
-Peach wearing a pink yukata
-Shy Guy wearing a chef outfit

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Decided to look up Mario Kart Tour. You guys thought metal, gold or bronze versions of the characters were bad enough. These are characters that are being planned apparently.

-Mario wearing a hakama
-Peach wearing a pink yukata
-Shy Guy wearing a chef outfit
I don't really mind those, though see them more as alts than characters in their own right (I don't know how Mario Kart Tour is dealing with them though) - like I'd love it if Mario Kart 8 got Odyssey-based costume updates for Mario, Peach and Bowser

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
But its just a Shy Guy wearing a chef's suit. Don't know why they can't have Mario Kart games have alternate costumes?
Believe it or not, they are skins, for the most part. They tend to have differing animations, but they can use the same models and stats, and it would be a-ok. It's not like he stole Luigi's spot, Luigi would take more time to make since he would have to use a different model alongside stats and animations

Think is it as an echo fighter, not as a entirely brand new character.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Here's another game we can play before I go to work. This one features first-parties and a Nintendo Switch theme because I'll be darned if third-parties consume all of the speculation talk a second time.

Pick your favorite in each of the following groups:

Daruk, Revali, Mipha, Urbosa
Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Min Min, Twintelle
Callie and Marie, Pearl and Marina, Octoling
Pauline, Captain Toad, Waluigi, Geno
Rex and Pyra, Elma
BWD, Marx, Adeline, Magolor
Poochy, Kamek
Byleth, Dimitri, Edelgard, Claude
E. Gadd, King Boo, Gooigi
Corviknight, Obstagoon, Sirfetch'd, Zacian/Zamazenta

Just something to do for fun. Don't take most of these options too seriously.
Daruk
Min Min
Callie and Marie
Waluigi
Elma
Magolor
Kamek I guess lol
Edelgard
E. Gadd
Sirfetch'd

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Why do they keep Ash around? The games have a new protagonist each installment. Why can’t the anime?
They originally planned on doing that for every region IIRC guess they decided for some reason to keep the damn kid for 20 years now despite there being nothing more for him to do other then keeping going region to region and winning. Character development amIriteorwut?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom