• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Why do they keep Ash around? The games have a new protagonist each installment. Why can’t the anime?
It's been 20 years with Ash. The fanbase is already too attached to him to see him go

Trust me, the outrage would be pretty intense.

And we don't need two Pokemon related controversies back-to-back lol

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
What more character development could Ash even have though at this point besides keep going region to region, keep making new friends and trying to win?

Pretty much repeating the same thing over and over again.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It's been 20 years with Ash. The fanbase is already too attached to him to see him go

Trust me, the outrage would be pretty intense.

And we don't need two Pokemon related controversies back-to-back lol
Fan outrage is not a good reason to not do something. Sure. Sometimes the fans have good ideas. And if you give them something entirely different from what they want (like Paper Mario for example) then that’s just bad business. But the quality of the product should come first and foremost. And sometimes the fans want something that hurts the product. Be it a specific change or even a lack of change.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Anime is mainly Ash's story. It is tradition at this point. Put ash in the new games plot. Make money.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
As said before my headcanon is the Mario characters pretty much just being actors in the mainline games and outside of that Mario and Bowser being good friends explaining why they particulate in kart racing, tennis, golf and such.

osby

Smash Obsessed
What more character development could Ash even have though at this point besides keep going region to region, keep making new friends and trying to win?

So, like Pokemon anime itself.

Yeah, Ash is a pretty flat character but anime rarely tells anything that needs a deeper character and when it does, they have new main characters for that.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

He could finally muster up the will to kill Jessie and James for good. Other than that idk got me.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Fan outrage is not a good reason to not do something. Sure. Sometimes the fans have good ideas. And if you give them something entirely different from what they want (like Paper Mario for example) then that’s just bad business. But the quality of the product should come first and foremost. And sometimes the fans want something that hurts the product. Be it a specific change or even a lack of change.
You just said it yourself
And if you give them something entirely different from what they want (like Paper Mario for example) then that’s just bad business.
I assure a good amount of people still got fond memories of Ash. They probably still want him in the new series. Removing him now would probably be a pretty bad business decision for the brand going foward

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
As said before my headcanon is the Mario characters pretty much just being actors in the mainline games and outside of that Mario and Bowser being good friends explaining why they particulate in kart racing, tennis, golf and such.
I really don’t know how to feel about that.

Like, it’s a trope from classic cartoons, and I really like it there. But for some reason it bothers me in this situation. Like it somehow invalidates what little story they have, as well as everyone else who treats their story and works as something more important.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Wake me up when the Pokemon Company gets their act together and gives us the solo brock anime we deserve

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You just said it yourself
I assure a good amount of people still got fond memories of Ash. Removing him now would be a pretty bad business descion
It’s a give and take. Changing Ash wouldn’t fundamentally change the show in any way the way Paper Mario’s changes do. Therefore it’s just something they gotta deal with.

Or if they’re really attached to him, then age him up and have him be a professor. That way he’s still there, but he’s not the focus and they can devote more time to the protagonist and their story.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Find it funny that it's only just us stupid westerners that care so much about Ash being the main character of Pokemon. Japan don't really give a ****. Maybe we should learn from Japan
Japan also is super liberated about sex. But are super phobic of blood and gore and don’t think they need to fix the terrible online services and net code in their games because it works fine in Japan because it’s such a dense country, not realizing that every other country isn’t Japan.

Yeah no. We could learn some things from Japan but they also need to start learning from the rest of the world.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Japan also is super liberated about sex. But are super phobic of blood and gore and don’t think they need to fix the terrible online services and net code in their games because it works fine in Japan because it’s such a dense country, not realizing that every other country isn’t Japan.

Yeah no. We could learn some things from Japan but they also need to start learning from the rest of the world.
Oh mother****ing please. Im sorry but get over it. Ash isnt gonna stop being the MC of the anime

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Japan also is super liberated about sex. But are super phobic of blood and gore

I keep on seeing this and feel like I'm missing something - there's plenty of Japanese video games and anime/manga that are violent as hell; is this specifically referencing Japanese censorship bodies rather than wider cultural attitudes?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I keep on seeing this and feel like I'm missing something - there's plenty of Japanese video games and anime/manga that are violent as hell; is this specifically referencing Japanese censorship bodies rather than wider cultural attitudes?
I call bull**** on this because just yestersay, a I saw an anime where teenagers arm got severed from his body. They even showed the stump and the severed arm complete with blood

i think for irl peeps its different, that cultural

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Isn’t their censorship board so strict because of cultural differences?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom