• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I much would've preferred a different protagonist than Ash, given we've watched him for seven generations straight. My favorite anime is One Piece, and even after 900 episodes, I still love Luffy as the protagonist. But Ash is just too uninteresting and inconsistent as a character.

Not only am I tired of Ash and Pikachu, but the anime itself just recycles the same episode plots over and over. Based on all this and the fact I didn't really enjoy the XY or SM anime, the Galar anime will barely be on my radar. I might still watch it but it's not a priority at all.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I call bull**** on this because just yestersay, a I saw an anime where teenagers arm got severed from his body. They even showed the stump and the severed arm complete with blood

i think for irl peeps its different, that cultural
And MK11 gets banned.

Rules that apply to foreigners I guess don’t apply to native born citizens.

hypocrites

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Isn’t their censorship board so strict because of cultural differences?
They show dead bodys and **** all the time in their games and anime

what they dont do is show dead bodys of IRL people for exanple, one of the Pauls recording a dead body in Suicide Forest

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I much would've preferred a different protagonist than Ash, given we've watched him for seven generations straight. My favorite anime is One Piece, and even after 900 episodes, I still love Luffy as the protagonist. But Ash is just too uninteresting and inconsistent as a character.

Not only am I tired of Ash and Pikachu, but the anime itself just recycles the same episode plots over and over. Based on all this and the fact I didn't really enjoy the XY or SM anime, the Galar anime will barely be on my radar. I might still watch it but it's not a priority at all.
I mean, you realize the reason it seems so repetitive is because it's made for children, right? They don't really expect people who watched the Indigo League as kids to have kept watching after growing up, and they have Ash there for each new generation.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, you realize the reason it seems so repetitive is because it's made for children, right? They don't really expect people who watched the Indigo League as kids to have kept watching after growing up, and they have Ash there for each new generation.
This doesn’t Square with what was being said earlier that getting rid of ash would piss off the fans.

Also. A show being for kids is not an excuse to not try to make it good. If it’s really good, than you should be able to enjoy it at any age.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This doesn’t Square with what was being said earlier that getting rid of ash would piss off the fans.

Also. A show being for kids is not an excuse to not try to make it good. If it’s really good, than you should be able to enjoy it at any age.
My point is that it's not really trying to be a good show. It's trying to sell Pokémon games and merchandise to children.

D

Deleted member

Japan also is super liberated about sex. But are super phobic of blood and gore and don’t think they need to fix the terrible online services and net code in their games because it works fine in Japan because it’s such a dense country, not realizing that every other country isn’t Japan.

Yeah no. We could learn some things from Japan but they also need to start learning from the rest of the world.
More than the rest of the world needs to learn a lot from Japan in regards to online services as the ones in most countries in the west are utter trash, especially in the US. Japanese and Korean ones are impressively reliable.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
More than the rest of the world needs to learn a lot from Japan in regards to online services as the ones in most countries in the west are utter trash, especially in the US. Japanese and Korean ones are impressively reliable.
Dude no. It’s like. The opposite. Take any Japanese online system and put it anywhere else in the world and it breaks down.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
New Pokémon Sword and Shield deets are coming our way, surprisingly in the form of a 24 hour livestream.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Well, I'm outta Switzerland and in Italy now. Gonna be in Italy for a longer time tho.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I don't remember Pokemon ever trying to actually be good at all. :x
In my opinion the anime is various shades of "ok." It's got solid moments, but is consistently average overall. Some arcs start out well but grow tiresome (which is my experience with XY at the moment) while some start out rough and do get slightly better but still aren't standout as far as anime is concerned.

With the Pokemon anime, I do like watching it with friends... because I know very well that I wouldn't watch the show alone. Got good moments, but not patient enough to sit through it by myself.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
My point is that it's not really trying to be a good show. It's trying to sell Pokémon games and merchandise to children.
Yeah, these would pretty much explain most or all of the problems I have with the anime.

D

Deleted member

Oh, that's a cool outfit change.

But looking at the kid on the right, is this going to be the case of Pokemon having Ash as a side character, with a different protag?(and Ash just taging along because Tradition)
Because every series has Ash getting one of the starter pokemon of that region(occasionally 2, as in Black and White)
But usually, outside of special cases(the wild Snivy) no one else actually gets a starter

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Let's play guess the character!(no more Buddyfight I promise)
1569595195236.png

Hint: Name is based on the Greek god of music(with a little addition to the name)

Noipoi

Howdy!
What the heck are they gonna show for 24 hours?

This is either gonna have a lotta new info, or very little new info.

And about the anime, a little disappointed they didn’t get a new protagonist. But Ash looks cool, and I’m still interested in the multi-region concept. Nice change of pace from the usual formula.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

And about the anime, a little disappointed they didn’t get a new protagonist. But Ash looks cool, and I’m still interested in the multi-region concept. Nice change of pace from the usual formula.
The biggest improvement the show could have is if Team Rocket begins to be phased out and appears far less often. They have the most repetitive arc of anyone.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Hopefully we finally find out about evolutions

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Bruh apparently **** is going down in the UK
It sure is: in just over a month, it looks like we're going to go crashing out of the EU with no deal, which most of our economy isn't prepared for in the slightest

31st October is also when Luigi's Mansion 3 comes out, so silver linings ... r-right?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hopefully we finally find out about evolutions
That all depends on how they set it up.

If it’s just a shot of this one area while various wild Pokémon goof about, I wouldn’t expect anything. If it’s set up like a usual trailer then yes, I would finally begin to expect starters.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Why on earth would they do that for 24 hours?
No idea.

There’s clearly something up here. It’s probably 24 hours because they don’t want anyone to miss it, but what do they not want people to miss? And I bet it loops too, they wouldn’t make you sit in a chair for a whole day.

Guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
While I'm relieved that Ash is still the protagonist, I'm still not sure about the new series. Granted, I don't really know what they're doing yet, but it's...different.

Anyway, I'm seeing a few people complain about Ash returning. What a lot of people don't seem to understand is that changing the protagonist won't automatically make the show better. Only the writing can accomplish that, if XYZ was any indication of that. Plus, I've noticed that most of the people who want Ash to go haven't been keeping up with the series. For the people who have been watching this show series after series, that's actually the last thing they want to see happen, as that would likely erase all of the continuity and relationships that were established over the years.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Ash? More like trash. It's been proven that Brock objectively improves anything he's in, and being a protagonist would amplify that effect. Pokemon Company could be swimming in more money than is conceivable by the average person if they were to unleash Brock's power on the masses.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Here's another game we can play before I go to work. This one features first-parties and a Nintendo Switch theme because I'll be darned if third-parties consume all of the speculation talk a second time.

Pick your favorite in each of the following groups:

Daruk, Revali, Mipha, Urbosa
Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Min Min, Twintelle
Callie and Marie, Pearl and Marina, Octoling
Pauline, Captain Toad, Waluigi, Geno
Rex and Pyra, Elma
BWD, Marx, Adeline, Magolor
Poochy, Kamek
Byleth, Dimitri, Edelgard, Claude
E. Gadd, King Boo, Gooigi
Corviknight, Obstagoon, Sirfetch'd, Zacian/Zamazenta

Just something to do for fun. Don't take most of these options too seriously.
Revali
Spring Man
Callie and Marie
Captain Toad
Rex and Pyra
Bandana Waddle Dee
Kamek
Dimitri
E. Gadd
Corviknight

D

Deleted member

This livestream can't be 24 hours straight, there's just no way.
Oh, but it will!

I AM A LEAKER, MAGGOTS!
STARTERS WILL BE REVEALED
THE GAME WILL LAUNCH TODAY
$100 DLC TO UNLOCK ALL THE POKEMON
ROTOM IS DEAD
YOU CAN'T BEAT THE ELITE 4(they one shot you!)
(i'm joking of course)

MainJPW

M.T.A
For the people who have been watching this show series after series, that's actually the last thing they want to see happen, as that would likely erase all of the continuity and relationships that were established over the years.
Speaking of continuity, maybe with the greater emphasis on the Pokémon League in Galar, we'll see Ash sponsored and shipped to different regions for tournament play. If that's the case, we could see former rivals challenge him again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom