• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

You started it?

What are the names of the cast?
I @'d you bro =(

So I made Erdrick's name Kasumi.
I had a Jester my brother selected. He named in Pennywise and he was the worst party member. **** my brother.
Next was Hilda, who is a warrior. That was given by Gwen adter all of our Hilda spoilers
Finally was Geno, but spelt with his actual name. I made it a girl, so her nickname was Gena.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Did you know that when Super Mario Kart was released my boi was the most recent playable character by that time?

1981: Mario
1982: Donkey Kong Jr.
1983: Luigi
1984: -----
1985: Koopa Troopa, Bowser, Toad, Peach
1986: -----
1987: -----
1988: -----
1989: -----
1990: Yoshi
1991: -----
1992: SUPER MARIO KART

I guess he was the Rosalina of that era :yoshi:
He kinda sorta was.

Both were introduced in the newest, biggest Mario game (Mario World, Mario Galaxy)

Both were immediately loved by Mario fans

Both were then shoved into every spin off imaginable until they became staples of the Mario family

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I @'d you bro =(

So I made Erdrick's name Kasumi.
I had a Jester my brother selected. He named in Pennywise and he was the worst party member. **** my brother.
Next was Hilda, who is a warrior. That was given by Gwen adter all of our Hilda spoilers
Finally was Geno, but spelt with his actual name. I made it a girl, so her nickname was Gena.
Oh, sorry, I was referring to DQ 4.

D

Deleted member

It's great right! It has this... adicting gameplay loop. It's like, the satisfaction of going fast in a racer combined with collecting little bobbles to get stronger.
I'm glad you're getting enjoyment out of it. I played it when I was a dumb kid in 2009. I liked the humor and some of the stuff you could do with cars, but it wasn't a Banjo game like what I grew up with, so I put it down. Just wasn't as fun. =/

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Oh, sorry, I was referring to DQ 4.
For Dragon Quest 4, you can only name the hero unfortunately. In this case, I chose the female alt and named her Medusa (shoutouts to Noipoi Noipoi ), because I thought her design fit well with it. Plus Medusa is a cool name that you don't see a hero with often.

c92.jpg

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm glad you're getting enjoyment out of it. I played it when I was a dumb kid in 2009. I liked the humor and some of the stuff you could do with cars, but it wasn't a Banjo game like what I grew up with, so I put it down. Just wasn't as fun. =/
It's fun in a different way. Like, I really suggest trying it out again with a cleared mind. Just enjoy it as it's own thing.

D

Deleted member

So I'm at what I assume to be the final boss of the Blue Lions route with the fight against this new form of Edelgard and I'm pretty sure Dimitri or Byleth could one-shot the boss but the units protecting her seem so strong and are currently kicking my *** so are there any strategies any of you suggest I use?
Only go one side. Either the left side or the right. I went left to avoid the beast and siege mage. From there, slowly clear out the left side while making your way to the goal, and kill anybody who follows. Do not approach the middle unless you're ready for the enemies there to rush you.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Here's another game we can play before I go to work. This one features first-parties and a Nintendo Switch theme because I'll be darned if third-parties consume all of the speculation talk a second time.

Pick your favorite in each of the following groups:

Daruk, Revali, Mipha, Urbosa
Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Min Min, Twintelle
Callie and Marie, Pearl and Marina, Octoling
Pauline, Captain Toad, Waluigi, Geno
Rex and Pyra, Elma
BWD, Marx, Adeline, Magolor
Poochy, Kamek
Byleth, Dimitri, Edelgard, Claude
E. Gadd, King Boo, Gooigi
Corviknight, Obstagoon, Sirfetch'd, Zacian/Zamazenta

Just something to do for fun. Don't take most of these options too seriously.
Mipha (we don't have a fish-based character yet haha)
Min Min (although I would probably prefer Mechanica or Lola Pop)
Callie & Marie
Waluigi (he might be a meme, but has some kickass moveset potential)
Rex & Pyra
Bandana Waddle Dee
Kamek
EDELGARD
E. Gadd (I would much prefer King Boo as a boss and Gooigi as a Luigi alt)
None? None. None is good.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Thanks to everyone who participated and shared their favorite characters. Seems like some choices varied while others were almost unanimous.

Before I go, here's my list.

- Mipha
- Spring Man
- Octoling
- Pauline
- Rex and Pyra
- BWD
- Kamek
- Byleth
- E. Gadd
- Zacian

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Here's another game we can play before I go to work. This one features first-parties and a Nintendo Switch theme because I'll be darned if third-parties consume all of the speculation talk a second time.

Rex and Pyra, Elma
Poochy, Kamek

Revali
Twintelle
Octoling
Pauline
Elma
Marx
Kamek
Claude
King Boo
Zacian

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I just thought of the best reason to have Edelgard, one of her victory poses could be Byleth praising her and Edelgard saying "Thank you, my teacher."

You know, because I melted every time I heard her say "my teacher."

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Rex and Pyra, Elma
Poochy, Kamek

Urbosa
Ribbon Girl
Octoling
Geno
Elma
Adeline
Poochy
Edelgard
King Boo
Obstagoon

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
For Dragon Quest 4, you can only name the hero unfortunately. In this case, I chose the female alt and named her Medusa (shoutouts to Noipoi Noipoi ), because I thought her design fit well with it. Plus Medusa is a cool name that you don't see a hero with often.

View attachment 239713
Oh, cool.

Name the one from DQ5 Moses or something. He has a staff and magical powers, and he looks like a sheperd boy, which Moses was.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
He kinda sorta was.

Both were introduced in the newest, biggest Mario game (Mario World, Mario Galaxy)

Both were immediately loved by Mario fans

Both were then shoved into every spin off imaginable until they became staples of the Mario family
I checked. The only other games he was in between World and Kart was his own solo title and Mario Paint. He didn't even get that cameo in Link's Awakening yet :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

Oh, cool.

Name the one from DQ5 Moses or something. He has a staff and magical powers, and he looks like a sheperd boy, which Moses was.
Good idea, but I'm naming after my brother since it's his favorite game in the series. I also get total naming rights for the kids. Will Will ain't gonna name my child Poopyhead. (Naming them after my parents).

Naming wont be a topic again until Dragon Quest 6, but at least you can rename your five party members there. Same for Dragon Quest 7.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Rex and Pyra, Elma
Poochy, Kamek

1. None. I don't care that much about them.
2. Spring Man, though everyone from ARMS is cool.
3. Octoling. Gotta have the Male version with the Afro.
4. Waluigi.
5. Elma, Twin Swords + Guns is pretty cool.
6. Magolor.
7. Poochy.
8. Claude I guess.
9. King Boo I guess.
10. Not sure

D

Deleted member

Rex and Pyra, Elma
Poochy, Kamek

Mipha
Min Min (why tf can't I choose Misango tho)
Octoling
WAAAAA
Elma
Marx
Kamek
Claude
E. Gadd
Obstagoon
It's a reference to a funny video.

I should've put /s.

He really isn't in Tour though and it's weird.
Luigi's still stuck in the hotel from Luigi's Mansion 3 and nobody has come to get him out yet, hence his absence.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Mipha
Min Min (why tf can't I choose Misango tho)
Octoling
WAAAAA
Elma
Marx
Kamek
Claude
E. Gadd
Obstagoon

Luigi's still stuck in the hotel from Luigi's Mansion 3 and nobody has come to get him out yet, hence his absence.
You bring up a good point. Why CAN'T we pick Misango? He's pretty cool. And I'd be down for a character with multiple poison weapons.

Still since Spring Man's an AT the only character with an actual chance is Ribbon Girl, since she's the Ken to his Ryu.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

Rex and Pyra, Elma
Poochy, Kamek

Urbosa
Spring Man
Octoling
Captain Toad
Rex and Pyra
Marx
Kamek
Claude
King Boo
Sirfetch'd

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Who here watches Mystery Science Theater 3000? I remember discussing it on here but I forget who I've discussed it with on here.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up

Rex and Pyra, Elma
Poochy, Kamek

Revali, Spring Man, Captain Toad, Elma, Bandana Waddle Dee, Kamek, Edelgard, King Boo, Corviknight.

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace

View attachment 239713
Seeing how awesome the design is for the female version of Dragon Quest 4's protagonist really makes me lament how she isn't an alt for Hero in Smash Ultimate.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
The only reason public access television isn't a complete dumpster fire. It gave us MST3K :yoshi:
I think we did, still haven't watched the new stuff yet, but I've watched a good bit of the old stuff over the years.
I'm on the final episode of the Gauntlet season.
Crow's a riot; I love his quick quips. :laugh: And Mac and Me is the worst movie in the line-up imo. But, it gave us a great MST3K meme... "Preeeeeetty niiiiice" :p

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hey, GaMetal did a cover of a Dragon Ball theme. I actually played a bit of this one. I think I got past Frieza then stopped. But I liked enough. Kind of a weird mix of fighting game and RPG.

D

Deleted member

I don't know what's happening but if you need to talk you can message me. Sorry things are rough.
Thanks, but if I were to list everything wrong with me, I'd still be here tomorrow. Besides, it's just me, so not like it's important anyway, I suppose.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Why tf did I sign up for an art class when I know I have severe social anxiety?

It starts this Saturday and I’m freakin out lmao

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

Try putting that social anxiety into art. Like, come up with a painting or sketch that represents your social anxiety. Will build bridges with class members and you can turn that emotion into art which is a valuable skill and that genuine effort and meaning behind it will probably make your work even greater.

D

Deleted member

Just finished the Blue Lions route and Three Houses is such a good game I absolutely love it. Dimitri is a really good lord, Ashe is my freakin' boy and I love him, Mercedes is cute, Bernadetta is the best character in the game which is why I recruited her, Etc. Point is the characters were really good.

The music was/is really good and that's a huge W for me as Music is really important for my experience with games, The Story is interesting in the Blue Lions route
*cough* Dimitri is in the right and Edelgard did a lot wrong *cough*
I just overall had a really good time with it and I'm really beginning to become a fan of the franchise.

Oh yeah and I'd love a Three Houses rep as Smash DLC. EDELGARD/BYLETH/DIMITRI/BERNADETTA/WHOEVER FOR SMASH BROS DLC!

Anxiety can really mess up your perception of what social interactions truly are, it's blowing small fears out of proportion.

Once you'll get there, at your art class, you'll realize that it isn't that bad. In other words, your anxiety is a freaking liar :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom