• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm'a bored so want to play a game. Rate these characters chances as DLC.

Crash Bandicoot
Dante
Doom Slayer
Geno
Shantae
Sora
I don't know whether it's a good idea to give my reasons or not, especially when I'm arbitrarily assigning numbers based on my opinions, but...

Crash: 75% - he's a clear front-runner for Activision, a fairly big name in gaming, and the inclusions of Banjo-Kazooie, Shovel Knight, Shantae (as a spirit), and Sans shows that the Smash developers are willing/able to negotiate with non-Japanese companies. (I'm probably over-exaggerating the difficulty of that, but I figure there was a reason why the third party content before Ultimate was almost entirely Japan-based, even if it's just a matter of convenience)

Dante: 50% - I'd love to see him make it into the game, but there's a LOT of competition in terms of Capcom characters.

Doom Slayer: 40% - much like Dante, I'd love to see him included in the game, but I'm not sure how well-known or popular the Doom games are in Japan. If the complete lack of Star Tropics content in any Smash game is any indication, that seems like a potential deal-breaker. The main thing that we have to go on is that Sakurai mentioned John Carmack as a major game developer who was born in the same year as him.

Geno: 90% - when they announced that we'd be getting characters beyond the Fighters Pass, my first thought was that Geno seems extremely likely. With both of Square-Enix's main series in Smash, it seems like they'd be more likely to agree to including Geno and satisfying at least a decade of fan demand.

Shantae: 20% - admittedly, I'm not very familiar with the Shantae games (though I did get one of them for the Wii U through Humble Bundle, so I should play that at some point), but if Undertale (pretty much THE indie darling) only got a Mii costume and a song remix, I don't know how likely it is that we'll get a fully playable indie character through DLC, at least for this game.

Sora: 5% - based on the copyright information shown before the start of every single Kingdom Hearts game, Sora (along with the other Kingdom Hearts original characters) is owned by Disney. I believe the rights are a little more complicated than that, but it seems like negotiating with Disney would be at least as difficult as negotiating with Shueisha or Toei Animation.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If Geno does make the cut then there's going to need to be Smash battles between :ultbanjokazooie:vs. Geno vs.:ultkrool:vs.:ultridley:for obvious reasons.

Too bad one didn't make it and could of been a 5 player Smash.

Isaac.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh hey, turns out I'm bored too. Rate these characters, dammit!
Luffy
Luffy
Luffy
Kirby
Luffy
OJAMA LIME

Last edited by a moderator:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I’d hate to be the one condensing that song into 2-3 minutes.
Well, not all of them are that short. I think the song "After Burner (Climax Mix)" from Bayonetta lasts for over 5 minutes, and Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There lasts over 4 minutes (please do tell if I'm wrong though) so I'd say you'd be able to fit the majority of One Winged Angel into somewhere around those amounts of time.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think Dante has a better shot than people give him credit for.

I also find some of the percentages people are posting to be overstating likelihood. Yeah it’s obviously just for fun, but rating somebody at 70% and what not makes them extremely likely. It’s not like a test in which 64% is failure, it’s a measure of “more likely than 70% of other candidates”, which is a bold statement.

Speaking if Smash, I made a mock up roster of the DLC went for two more passes. Maybe I’ll post it.

D

Deleted member

No but, seriously, here's a better list of characters I think are likely to get into Smash. Rate em, maggots!

Mettaton
Waluigi
Steve
Heavy(from TF2)
Dr. Eggman

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I think Dante has a better shot than people give him credit for.

I also find some of the percentages people are posting to be overstating likelihood. Yeah it’s obviously just for fun, but rating somebody at 70% and what not makes them extremely likely. It’s not like a test in which 64% is failure, it’s a measure of “more likely than 70% of other candidates”, which is a bold statement.

Speaking if Smash, I made a mock up roster of the DLC went for two more passes. Maybe I’ll post it.
Wait, were we supposed to rate the characters based off chance? I rated my characters based off of how much I wanted them.

Ehh... With the exception of Sora, the numbers don't change much anyway.

D

Deleted member

No but, seriously, here's a better list of characters I think are likely to get into Smash. Rate em, maggots!

Mettaton
Waluigi
Steve
Heavy(from TF2)
Dr. Eggman
Mettaton: Chance 1%, Want 99%
Waluigi: Chance 40%, Want 40%
Steve: Chance 50%, Want 25%
Heavy: Chance 20%, Want 99%
Dr. Eggman: Chance 40%, Want: 99%

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Mettaton
Waluigi
Steve
Heavy(from TF2)
Dr. Eggman
Want/Chance:

Mettaton - 1% / 1%
Waluigi - 80% / 20%
Steve - 90% / 33%
Heavy(from TF2) - abstain / abstain
Dr. Eggman - 50% / 5%

Better list regarding characters I like, but I think most of these characters aren't any more likely to get in.

D

Deleted member

Mettaton: Chance 1%, Want 99%
Waluigi: Chance 40%, Want 40%
Steve: Chance 50%, Want 25%
Heavy: Chance 20%, Want 99%
Dr. Eggman: Chance 40%, Want: 99%
IMO, Mettaton is the one character I feel people are sleeping on.(well, an Undertale rep in general)

The thing is, with the very unique chance Toby Fox had, I seriously doubt he at the very least, didn't TRY to get a actual character in.
Course, an Undertale rep is obviously not going to be #5(what with the contents having been already finalized) , but i feel he has a pretty big shot in the Extra DLC

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up

Nana looking out for her sibling/friend. They're really cute together here.​

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
IMO, Mettaton is the one character I feel people are sleeping on.(well, an Undertale rep in general)

The thing is, with the very unique chance Toby Fox had, I seriously doubt he at the very least, didn't TRY to get a actual character in.
Course, an Undertale rep is obviously not going to be #5, but i feel he has a pretty big shot in the Extra DLC
If Undertale was getting a character, I feel like we wouldn't have gotten anything in the pass and they would've waited until the actual newcomer got revealed.

Might've not mattered in the base game, but I have my doubts about any DLC (save for Rex) not being a soft deconfirmation.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Like, two days lmao
o.o Wow! :3 Well, it is understandable! You REALLY did amazingly! xD I still cannot get over it! I just love how Ridley looks so pissed off and Roidley so happy! You definitely captured them!

D

Deleted member

Course, an Undertale rep is obviously not going to be #5(what with the contents having been already finalized) , but i feel he has a pretty big shot in the Extra DLC
Maybe but we already have a Sans mii costume and if we were to get an Undertale rep it would've likely been him or Frisk and even if it was Frisk you'd assume A) The Sans mii costume would have come with Frisk and B) Megalovania would've been a song with Frisk.

My preferred rep is of course Mettaton but I can't see him getting in over those two or even Papyrus who's still a lot less likely than Sans and Frisk.

D

Deleted member

If Undertale was getting a character, I feel like we wouldn't have gotten anything in the pass and they would've waited until the actual newcomer got revealed.

Might've not mattered in the base game, but I have my doubts about any DLC (save for Rex) not being a soft deconfirmation.
I don't get what you're saying.
My point is that Toby Fox could easily get a character in, but didn't. Unless of course said character is for later down the line.
Hell, it's pretty clear he was working with Gamefreak for a fairly long time(We literally only got more updates on Deltarune after Sans was revealed) so more likely than not, An undertale character is definitely possible.

D

Deleted member

Sounds like post-fighters pass already has some selections down. If anything Undertale is in post-pass, it would have been better to save the Sans costume for that.

Also Mettaton is definitely not going to be a fighter. He's a side character at most, and not even the one everybody wanted (sans)

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'm'a bored so want to play a game. Rate these characters chances as DLC.
Crash Bandicoot
Dante
Doom Slayer
Geno
Shantae
Sora
Crash: 35%
Dante: 40%
Doom Slayer: 15%
Geno: 10%
Shantae: 4%

With the exception of Shantae, I wouldn't be too surprised if we see any of these characters tbh with ya

Mettaton
Waluigi
Steve
Heavy(from TF2)
Dr. Eggman
Mettaton: 1%
Waluigi: 5%
Steve: 40%
Heavy: 2%
Eggman: 5%

bias aside, I feel like Steve is the only real likely one out of all of these.

idk the others have a couple hurdles holding them back, I feel.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

I wouldn’t be too sure.

Sans was THE pick for Undertale fans. With him being a Mii Costume as DLC, and the music being placed in “Other” I would argue an Undertale character, if happening, would have been brought in with Sans.

I could be wrong, and we could get an Undertale character. But I think we’d have seen them with Sans if it was happening.

D

Deleted member

Sounds like post-fighters pass already has some selections down. If anything Undertale is in post-pass, it would have been better to save the Sans costume for that.

Also Mettaton is definitely not going to be a fighter. He's a side character at most, and not even the one everybody wanted (sans)
Have you not played Undertale? He literally plays a major portion in the second to last area of the game(not counting different routes) and technically appears in the second area of the game. To say he is a side character is honestly a bit insulting to the game.

And even then, Sans is the one character I wouldn't want as a fighter imo.

D

Deleted member

Have you not played Undertale? He literally plays a major portion in the second to last area of the game(not counting different routes) and technically appears in the second area of the game. To say he is a side character is honestly a bit insulting to the game.

And ****ing Neji plays a significant portion to Naruto's and Hinata's growth in the tournament arc. He's a side character, dude, and I don't say that to devalue him. Undertale's narrative is built by it's supporting cast.

D

Deleted member

And ****ing Neji plays a significant portion to Naruto's and Hinata's growth in the tournament arc. He's a side character, dude, and I don't say that to devalue him. Undertale's narrative is built by it's supporting cast.
That analogy falls flat because I haven't even watched Naruto.

Let me ask you another question then; If you had to pick any Undertale character to be DLC, who would it be exactly?

D

Deleted member

Mettaton is my favorite Undertale character but honestly he is a side character as they focus more on Alphys during that time than Mettaton as you can see when
the gang meets up before Flowey transforms back to Asriel they only give Mettaton a cameo which implies they don't see him as a main character like Sans, Papyrus, Undyne, Asgore, Toriel and, yes, Alphys. He's pretty much a side-character but not as much as someone like Muffet.
Basically, He's a Side-Character but he's not totally irrelevant to the story or game at all.

D

Deleted member

I wouldn’t be too sure.

Sans was THE pick for Undertale fans. With him being a Mii Costume as DLC, and the music being placed in “Other” I would argue an Undertale character, if happening, would have been brought in with Sans.

I could be wrong, and we could get an Undertale character. But I think we’d have seen them with Sans if it was happening.
I agree that Sans was a fan favorite, but I feel he's the pick I disagree with the most(aside from Frisk)

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I would give Mario Kart Tour a try, but it literally will not install on my phone. I've tried restarting, I've tried removing the SD card and putting it back in, I've tried clearing the Play Store's cache, I've tried rolling back the Play Store's updates, nothing works. And I don't think it's even worth the effort, from what I've seen and heard it's just another awful Gacha game, this time with awkward/bad racing gameplay.

Do something interesting with your mobile division, Nintendo. Maybe make a remake of Kirby's Tilt'n'Tumble or maybe a sequel.

D

Deleted member

That analogy falls flat because I haven't even watched Naruto.

Let me ask you another question then; If you had to pick any Undertale character to be DLC, who would it be exactly?
Frisk or Sans. Frisk cause he's the main character who represents the gameplay of Undertale. Sans for his community appeal, as Sakurai confirmed when Sans got deconfirmed.

Don't get me wrong, an Undertale rep would be cool, but you gotta be realistic about how significant each character is. This is like arguing Specter Knight will get in before Shovel Knight even though both have fully complete campaigns dedicated to themselves.

D

Deleted member

Frisk or Sans. Frisk cause he's the main character who represents the gameplay of Undertale. Sans for his community appeal, as Sakurai confirmed when Sans got deconfirmed.

Don't get me wrong, an Undertale rep would be cool, but you gotta be realistic about how significant each character is. This is like arguing Specter Knight will get in before Shovel Knight even though both have fully complete campaigns dedicated to themselves.
I don't want to start another argument, but let's just say I REALLLY disagree with your opinion. That's all.

D

Deleted member

I don't want to start another argument, but let's just say I REALLLY disagree with your opinion. That's all.
I see you don't like Sans or Frisk as the Undertale rep and that's cool. However, you can't really equate preference over who will actually get in, as Terry showed to SNK fans.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I just realized this, and I can't believe it; c'mon Nintendo, why isn't Luigi in Mario Kart Tour?

First Smash Bros. Melee, and now this? I want my rubies back.

You don't even have Baby Luigi, but you have Baby Daisy?

I guess Nintendo hates green now.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Here's another game we can play before I go to work. This one features first-parties and a Nintendo Switch theme because I'll be darned if third-parties consume all of the speculation talk a second time.

Pick your favorite in each of the following groups:

Daruk, Revali, Mipha, Urbosa
Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Min Min, Twintelle
Callie and Marie, Pearl and Marina, Octoling
Pauline, Captain Toad, Waluigi, Geno
Rex and Pyra, Elma
BWD, Marx, Adeline, Magolor
Poochy, Kamek
Byleth, Dimitri, Edelgard, Claude
E. Gadd, King Boo, Gooigi
Corviknight, Obstagoon, Sirfetch'd, Zacian/Zamazenta

Just something to do for fun. Don't take most of these options too seriously.

D

Deleted member

I see you don't like Sans or Frisk as the Undertale rep and that's cool. However, you can't really equate preference over who will actually get in, as Terry showed to SNK fans.
I like sans as a Mii Fighter(as it fits his personality well)
But the reason I don't think Frisk would fit well is because, gameplay-wise, he is literally just a vessel for our actions, good or bad.
As in, we control him, and he can't do anything about it. So he literally has no personality(aside from out own, obviously)

I won't bring this up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom