• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Banjo vs Steve sucked, but I personally found the Google Theory bandwaggon worse.

Outside of literally one Dark Souls fan who was interested on Artorias getting in and shared with me a dope channel to learn about Dark Souls lore... the Artorias bandwaggon was truly a dark thing to deal with back then if you liked DQ at all.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Hey now it takes a LOT of skill to land Bair as Hero
Bair is such ass tho. It doesn't matter that it has a big hitbox and good knockback, because it takes so long to come out and is punishable af. Its best usage is if you get lucky enough to roll both Psyche Up and Oomph, and your opponent is dumb enough to try and shield any physical attack at that point.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You're not a true Hero player if you don't have the Skill to land crits. Get on my level.
For real though 2 weeks ago I had a friend fly into Hatchet Man in an FFA and he started going ape**** about how Hero's crits are bad design for like half a minute.
"My dude you got sent into Hatchet Man, not a crit"
"Oh my bad, I'll shut up now"

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Bair is such *** tho. It doesn't matter that it has a big hitbox and good knockback, because it takes so long to come out and is punishable af. Its best usage is if you get lucky enough to roll both Psyche Up and Oomph, and your opponent is dumb enough to try and shield any physical attack at that point.
I know but I win matches with Bair surprisingly often and my friends hate it as they had 16 whole ass frames to realize whst was going on

osby

Smash Obsessed
For real though 2 weeks ago I had a friend fly into Hatchet Man in an FFA and he started going ape**** about how Hero's crits are bad design for like half a minute.
Every character is badly designed if I lose to them.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Hero sucks *** tho. They rely on RNG and a resource meter, and otherwise are barely a character with how bad their normals are. Like, Hero's neutral relies on a resource meter due to his only good moves for said neutral being uncharged neutral B and level 2 side B. But if the opponent just plays patiently, Hero soon runs out of MP and they're a sitting duck then because they have no air or ground speed, almost every normal move is punishable on block. They have to get a lucky hit in to be back in the game, they're doomed otherwise. Don't get me started on how gimpable their recovery is unless they manage to get Zoom. Their only good OoS is up B so that also relies on MP. And really even a full MP Hero needs to find time to open up the menu in hopes of acceleratle, psych up, bounce or oomph, otherwise they're not a threat. Most of their spells can just be blocked as well, they're pretty telegraphed if you pay attention. The character just isn't good, they scrape wins with luck.
I respect your opinion but I have to respectfully disagree

D

Deleted member

If your opponent gets hit by hatchet man, they lost before the battle began.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Has anyone seen this yet?

I can imagine after finding this out, some poor intern is gonna end up in trouble.

Random: What if the person behind this is the one behind the "Galaga Tears" leak?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The so-called raid of Area 51 one is udnerway, and...Oh hey, guess I'm 22 now!

Yup! It's my Birthday today. One year older, and at this point not feeling any different from the age of either 20 or 21. Even so, I'm no less happy celebrate it, nor am I any less happy to take a day off.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hero can gatekeep half of the cast, but the other half of the cast can gatekeep him.
If 3H's Gatekeeper was in Smash, Hero would be **** because the match-up would be 0:100 in Gatekeeper favor.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

Yup! It's my Birthday today. One year older, and at this point not feeling any different from the age of either 20 or 21. Even so, I'm no less happy celebrate it, nor am I any less happy to take a day off.
Happy birthday

D

Deleted member

Happy birthday!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Happy birthday pal, hope you have a fantastic day. ;)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ah 2020 who know what it will bring also it’s the year challenger pack 5 arrives. It’s likley to be either Doomslayer or crash bandicoot.

or Shantae if milks female fighter rumors are to be taken to account
There's literally no reason to take the milk thing seriously.

They said fighter four would be a fighting game girl with a projectile and that fighter five would come from an existing series. Terry fits NEITHER of those. The rumor is trash. Throw it away.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Also, I played Cuphead a bit more. It's hard, but not impossible like so many people made it out to be. After like, 10 minutes, you nail a pattern and then the boss becomes a cakewalk if you memorized it well.

Though the bird boss can die in a fire.

D

Deleted member

Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku if you are trying to get as many spirits as possible in Smash Ultimate, I suggest you to download the DQXI S demo and play until you find a save point.

Doing so will give you a free spirit for Smash Ultimate.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Wasn't South Aus's reasoning because they wanted to ban him until players learned how to fight him?
They banned him because they believed he went against the spirit of the sport basically. I can admit, I disagree simply because I believe his RNG can't change the ultimate outcome of a set, but I do see why they feel he is unfit for competitive play.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
They banned him because they believed he went against the spirit of the sport basically. I can admit, I disagree simply because I believe his RNG can't change the ultimate outcome of a set, but I do see why they feel he is unfit for competitive play.
Meanwhile Faust GG be like "I don't need your insurance, we must operate now!" While chucking cake, hammers and meteors

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The most broken character is Random, like you can't even prepare yourself until the battle begin, Sakurai plz nerf the RNG.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Wasn't South Aus's reasoning because they wanted to ban him until players learned how to fight him?
No... the opposite, actually.

You've probably already heard he "violates the spirit of competitive play" and is "too reliant on luck" and yadda yadda yadda. Agree or disagree, it's their reasoning.

but the reason they opted for such an early ban is due to not wanting players to learn him and then enact the ban later causing all their hard work and time to go to waste.

And anyone who tells you otherwise is projecting their "lol australia dumbbbb" mentality and should be ignored.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130

Happy birthday!

Also, I played Cuphead a bit more. It's hard, but not impossible like so many people made it out to be. After like, 10 minutes, you nail a pattern and then the boss becomes a cakewalk if you memorized it well.

Though the bird boss can die in a fire.
Have you got to the dragon boss yet? Cos that **** was doing my head in so I put down the game - planning to pick it up again at some later point

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Really!? Small world! Not only is today my birthday, but I'm turning 22 as well!

Not sure if I'm more amazed or spooked out by this coincidence...

Ah well. Happy Birthday to both of us!

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Really!? Small world! Not only is today my birthday, but I'm turning 22 as well!

Not sure if I'm more amazed or spooked out by this coincidence...

Ah well. Happy Birthday to both of us!
Happy birthday you guys, I hope you both have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom