• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I remember when Sakurai announced when the roster was picked out and finalized. That completely turned the speculation upside down. Characters like Rex, Spring Man, and Decidueye went from the most likely to the bottom. For the latter people now used concept art (which turns out was what they did again) and Incineroar joined the fray.
I still don’t know how to feel about Incineroar getting in over Decidueye.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I remember when Sakurai announced when the roster was picked out and finalized. That completely turned the speculation upside down. Characters like Rex, Spring Man, and Decidueye went from the most likely to the bottom. For the latter people now used concept art (which turns out was what they did again) and Incineroar joined the fray.
I remember that. Funny how all of the "locks" from early ultimate speculation didn't get in.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Oh yeah, they also made Kratos and Broly into actual characters instead of ****ty rage machines too.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
2019 the year the aliens were freed and humanity learned they were locked up for a reason

Noipoi

Howdy!

We’re far enough in for me to state my opinion so far, I think.

It’s been pretty good to me so far. The conclusion to one of my favorite movie series was great, we’ve got a new Pokémon that (while flawed) looks to be a rad step up for the series. We got Banjo Kazooie and a Sans costume in Smash. And I’ve experienced significantly less emotional trauma!

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
2019 feels like it didnt happen to me. Nothing of note was done or happened.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also if polteageist does have a pre evolution that’s a teacup with the name entitea, then I’m betting that post in 2014 was real and it was a scrapped XY mon

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Gogeta is heading to DBFZ on the 26th. So just a little less than a week. Can't wait to see what people do with him.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Oh, we're in 2019 now. The year where I started posting in this forum. Also stopped being depressed all the time. It's been a good year so far.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
2019 is the year I finally learned to color & shade drawing on Clip Studio Paint.

Just for that, it's best year ever.

D

Deleted member

This is the year of gaming. Do you wanna know why?
1568993230012.png

Link to video

The animated series by SMG4(yes, that guy who makes Mario videos) about a dystopian world where Video Games are literally everything.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
tbh, Incineroar's so fun of a character, I can't imagine the world where we got Decidueye instead of him

It doesn't hurt that Litten was a pretty personal pokemon for me.

D

Deleted member

2019, a.k.a. the best year of my whole life.

January was amazingly good in comparison to all the months in 2018, being a joyfull time all the way with the peak happening when Marvel started Fantastic Four Week out of nowhere and just delivered F4 fanservice from left to right without a stop... doh it then got followed by February (the worst month of my life) when my great aunt died, ****ed up stuff happened inside my family and the internet, this thread almost got full on sick of myself due to the messed up stuff I was doing back then due to all the things going on in my life to the point some people shamed me when I announced a break from the site to get my stuff up... not a beautiful time which I would never wish towards anyone else.

But after that mental hell of a month finished, my life was slowly getting back on track. It started a bit around march with Captain Marvel (a movie I personally enjoyed doh got trashed all around the internet for liking it) but bad stuff was still happening to me pretty frequently to the point it wasn’t enough.
...But then, a day from the first week of June when I woke up from a nightmare about someone committing suicide... things finally went right. That day happened to be just way more good than I imagined to the point it finally made me have a non-forced smile on my face.

And since that day, I have just found myself on a really needed chain of great events, each one slightly better than the other one.
Never in my life have I felt this much desire of keeping myself as alive as possible.... and hopefully it keeps going this way.

Kinda ironic, since many people claim that the year one turns 18 is regularly the worst one... but not for me.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Springman, Rex, and Decidueye were the big ones.
Spring Man and Rex & Pyra were too late to be newcomers due to bad timing with the project plan for Ultimate being finialized along with the fact that their respective home games weren't announced until 2017. While Decidueye was close being chosen as for the Pokemon newcomer spot in the roster, but it ultimately ended up being Incineroar (Geez, poor Primarina wasn't considered at all).

D

Deleted member

This is the year of gaming. Do you wanna know why?
View attachment 238967
Link to video

The animated series by SMG4(yes, that guy who makes Mario videos) about a dystopian world where Video Games are literally everything.
Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention, it's sponsored by AMD, Crunchyroll(yes), Epic Games, and THE ****ING AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT

YES YOU HEARD THAT CORRECTLY, THE ****ING AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT!

(proof below)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meta_Runner

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
2019, a.k.a. the best year of my whole life.

January was amazingly good in comparison to all the months in 2018, being a joyfull time all the way with the peak happening when Marvel started Fantastic Four Week out of nowhere and just delivered F4 fanservice from left to right without a stop... doh it then got followed by February (the worst month of my life) when my great aunt died, ****ed up stuff happened inside my family and the internet, this thread almost got full on sick of myself due to the messed up stuff I was doing back then due to all the things going on in my life to the point some people shamed me when I announced a break from the site to get my stuff up... not a beautiful time which I would never wish towards anyone else.

But after that mental hell of a month finished, my life was slowly getting back on track. It started a bit around march with Captain Marvel (a movie I personally enjoyed doh got trashed all around the internet for liking it) but bad stuff was still happening to me pretty frequently to the point it wasn’t enough.
...But then, a day from the first week of June when I woke up from a nightmare about someone committing suicide... things finally went right. That day happened to be just way more good than I imagined to the point it finally made me have a non-forced smile on my face.

And since that day, I have just found myself on a really needed chain of great events, each one slightly better than the other one.
Never in my life have I felt this much desire of keeping myself as alive as possible.... and hopefully it keeps going this way.

Kinda ironic, since many people claim that the year one turns 18 is regularly the worst one... but not for me.
I glad you're doing alright, man. I went through a not-so enjoyable summer as I've mentioned here before, though something else noteworthy was a big family argument that happened on Valentine's Day (Ironic much?). My Dad & sisters were getting heated through it all, though I don't exactly remember exactly what were fighting about, but it went south real bad when it got much more violent and the police had to get involved to take my sisters away.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sorry can't hear you

That was somewhat sarcasm. My opinion is that Hero needs a nerf, but shouldn't be banned. Main thing is the ****ing Critical Hit killing at 0% easily.

Also, needs more lag on a lot of his moves. maybe even remove a few spells, because no character should have access to such a wide variety of overpowered moves(note that I would be fine with a character similar to Hero IF their moves are not broken)

D

Deleted member

I still remember the moment I was close to having a heart attack that day from the joy I was getting the moment my friend from Madrid was at the phone talking about how much of an awesome year he had at high school all while both of these legendary events happened.

04AFFDAF-1D78-4134-B766-B6BA369BF1AD.jpeg

361D2B69-3DA9-484F-B0C7-2698CF6548EB.jpeg

And one hour before Activision literally shadowdropped the news about CTR NF’s awesome Grand Prix mode.

I literally had to leave the Discord voice chat I was reacting in due to how much the hype made me nuts!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
That was somewhat sarcasm. My opinion is that Hero needs a nerf, but shouldn't be banned. Main thing is the ****ing Critical Hit killing at 0% easily.

Also, needs more lag on a lot of his moves. maybe even remove a few spells, because no character should have access to such a wide variety of overpowered moves(note that I would be fine with a character similar to Hero IF their moves are not broken)
Hero already has alot of slow moves on him, does he really need to be even slower than Brawl Ganondorf?

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Yay, 2019. The year that almost nothing special happened for me. Not like that's a bad thing, though.

This is the year I was both excited and upset the Banjo Kazooie got in smash. Excited because of their legacy, but disappointed that I didn't play their games, meaning I couldn't relate to all the fans, blowing my one chance to finally relate to a group of people. Rip.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
2019 has been alright for me. Some highs, some lows.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Considering the fact he has multiple moves that kill at 0, yes. or maybe just nerf the damage, idk.
A character who is already slow doesn't need to be slower (hi Smash 4 Dedede)

There is better way to change a character that make them just worse all around.

D

Deleted member

A character who is already slow doesn't need to be slower (hi Smash 4 Dedede)

There is better way to change a character that make them just worse all around.
I should have made it a bit clearer:

NO OTHER CHARACTER CAN KILL AT 0% WITH ONE MOVE. Hero 100% should be nerfed in some way.
Other characters can kill at 0%, but the difference is they are predicable. Hero's problem is it's random chance, meaning YOU WON'T KNOW IF YOU DIE OR NOT UNTIL YOU GET HIT. This means that playing keep away with Hero is literally the only way to have a chance at winning against Hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom