• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
I know we aren’t at the 2018th page yet, but I wanted to make a throwback to this masterpiece of a commercial that really pushes the true limits of current-day special effects

Ugh, I'd like to forget that Tom Hardy's Venom exists. I just want a good movie with Venom! (and Carnage for that matter) There are so many great Spider-Man villains we haven't seen yet!

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

the year I made the worst decision of my life

Joining some stupid website called Smashboards

Oh, and I guess Ultimate's pretty much my favorite game of all time, so...

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
2018 wasn't much of a year TBH. Although this obscure gem was released.
smash_illo.0.jpg

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
I still don’t know what that means.
By the Mania(team) for the Mani(c)a fans of the Mega Drive originals. I've certainly become manic waiting for consistency at this point.

What Goth said:
It means that it was made by the fans (Christian Whitehead, Headcannon, etc) for the fans.
When are we getting Mania 2?
Not anytime soon or never. Sonic fans can never have nice things for too long before events inevitably return to the status quo.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I liked 2018. One of the best years I had in a while. I had great friends and I finally escaped physical school that year. Also the year I finally got a switch.

Noipoi

Howdy!
2018!

The worst year of my life!

I swear I experienced more trauma in this one year than I have for my entire life before then. Jesus Christ. I’m still not well! It’s damaged me possibly irreversibly.

Smash was cool though.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I joined this site in 2018 too, although I didn't start posting regularly until like last month lmao.

Noipoi

Howdy!
In 2018 I found this dumb ass web forum and got attached to a bunch of dumb ass people who are super cool for some dumb ass reason.

D

Deleted member

Not the year I joined, but it was the year I posted on the main boards for the first time after only being in the Roster Maker thread for two years... :3

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I liked Smash speculation in 2018.

Sure there was Chair Theory, and Mr. Grinch, but it felt more exciting. I’m glad the *ahem* Microsoft wars are over now, though we may still have to deal with some jerks for upcoming DLC.

I came back here in August last year after K. Rool got announced; I originally joined in 2013.

I don’t really have much else I want to say, though Ultimate released on my birthday...

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

...Dammit
Oh hey, the year I joined this site. Neat.

So basically, the year I made the biggest mistake of my entire life
Now it sounds like I was just copying your post lol

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
In 2018 I...actually started posting on this board, since a forum I was part of before was dying.

D

Deleted member

I’m just here waiting for the 2019th page to not repeat the same stuff I said the last time I did this.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Speculation last year was fun. Summer 2018 with everyone is here and the 8/8 direct was amazing.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
If there is any moment I remember cleary right now, is this.
Joker Reveal before the game even launch was still a noteworthy moment to me, if only because it was completely unexpected, and it was in december too, it felt like a good note to end pre-launch Ultimate Speculation.

Cracke

Smash Journeyman
Ahh yes 2018, the year of TA13OO, Drogas Wave, Room 25, The Black Thought albums, CZARFACE MEETS METALFACE, and. . . Some Rap Songs.

D

Deleted member

2018 wasn't much of a year TBH. Although this obscure gem was released.
View attachment 238966
Smash was cool though.
Statements I can get behind.

Speaking of...all of us here should be praising Sakurai for this wonderful series. Shikashinagara, I just now noticed none of y'all even acknowledged his birth year page, which was nearly 50 pages ago. Smh y'all oughtta be ashamed. :kirby:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Statements I can get behind.

Speaking of...all of us here should be praising Sakurai for this wonderful series. Shikashinagara, I just now noticed none of y'all even acknowledged his birth year page, which was nearly 50 pages ago. Smh y'all oughtta be ashamed. :kirby:
That’s cuz Sakurai is an immortal. You’ve seen the man, he doesn’t age!

He could be a thousand.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
2 things:

1. I’m considering playing Java Minecraft
2. Water main break in my area. Joy...

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Speculation last year was fun. Summer 2018 with everyone is here and the 8/8 direct was amazing.
I remember when Sakurai announced when the roster was picked out and finalized. That completely turned the speculation upside down. Characters like Rex, Spring Man, and Decidueye went from the most likely to the bottom. For the latter people now used concept art (which turns out was what they did again) and Incineroar joined the fray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom