• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Voice acting. You can’t do a movie musical with that kind of dialogue.

Honestly, I would even want that for a remake of the games. You’d be able to change it back to the classic style in settings, but i’d love to Hear these characters actually talk for once.
It’s gonna be so bizarre having hearing these characters talk normally, wonder who’d work for their VAs...

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Camus Alt Let's Go!!!!!!
Great to see Archanea finally get its time in the sun again. While I would've liked to have seen some of the missing major characters like Nyna and Lena, I can't complain at getting Nagi, Bantu, and Astram. Bantu in particular I'm pretty happy about since I liked him for his contributions to Tiki story and that him being immediately added to the 3-4 star pool, which is much needed since its stagnancy has been a criticism of the game. Hopefully he'll also pave the way for other characters like him to be dripped down into the pool.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Voice acting. You can’t do a movie musical with that kind of dialogue.

Honestly, I would even want that for a remake of the games. You’d be able to change it back to the classic style in settings, but i’d love to Hear these characters actually talk for once.
They’d probably all be British.

Except for Banjo who’s canonically a hick.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It’s gonna be so bizarre having hearing these characters talk normally, wonder who’d work for their VAs...
I’d say get Bill Farmer to do Banjo. But Disney owns his Goofey voice.

I wanna say Tara Strong or Grey DeLisle would make great Kazooies. Dee Bradly Baker should do Mumbo no question. And I don’t know why, but I wanna at least hear Kevin Micheal Richardson audition for Gruntilda.

Oh my god. Will Wheaton as Bottles! Patrick Stewart as Jamjars!

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’d say get Bill Farmer to do Banjo. But Disney owns his Goofey voice.

I wanna say Tara Strong or Grey DeLisle would make great Kazooies. Dee Bradly Baker should do Mumbo no question. And I don’t know why, but I wanna at least hear Kevin Micheal Richardson audition for Gruntilda.

Oh my god. Will Wheaton as Bottles! Patrick Stewart as Jamjars!
Snoop Dogg as King Jingaling

Shroob

Sup?
Hello

This is an automated message thanking you for installing this disc:

Coulrophobia and You, How to Get Down to Clown!

We will begin the simple and effective 6-process plan on fixing your fear of Clowns.

Ready?

Let's begin!

download.png

download (4).jpg

download (3).jpg

download.jpg

download (2).jpg

Error: ClownTest666.jpeg not found

Congratulations! You have conquered your fear of Clowns!

This software will now shut down in:

01000100 01101111 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101100 01100101 01110100 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 01101101 00100000 01101001 01101110 00101100 00100000 01100110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01101100 01101111 01110110 01100101 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01000111 01101111 01100100 00101100 00100000 01100100 01101111 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101100 01100101 01110100 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 01101101 00100000 01101001 01101110

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Snoop Dogg as King Jingaling
You know, with how well known Banjo is for its music, it makes sense to load the cast up with musicians.
Maybe Xander Mobus should be Banjo using his Freddy Fazbear voice from the FNAF Random Encounters music videos.

...Uh oh I think @Taylor F is rubbing off on me.
That could work is we HAVE to use anime VAs. But I’d much rather pull from the traditional animation pool of professionals.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Being scared of clowns is silly. Now, homicidal maniacs dressed as clowns is actually something worth getting scared about.

Personally, I’m scared of the open ocean. I can swim just fine as long as I can feel the bottom but jumping out into the ocean over the Mariana Trench? Nope. Nope nope nope nope nope nope

I know I would probably be safe but just the fact that there is miles and miles of water going down into blackness with whatever lurks down there. Just the depths gives me the chills.

I don’t easily get scared by stuff but that...I ain’t gonna do that.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Being scared of clowns is silly. Now, homicidal maniacs dressed as clowns is actually something worth getting scared about.

Personally, I’m scared of the open ocean. I can swim just fine as long as I can feel the bottom but jumping out into the ocean over the Mariana Trench? Nope. Nope nope nope nope nope nope

I know I would probably be safe but just the fact that there is miles and miles of water going down into blackness with whatever lurks down there. Just the depths gives me the chills.

Now don't be silly.

There's nothing scary in the ocean.

download.jpg

4efc352a161491a6ebb2eeeeefffc124.jpg

download (1).jpg

Noipoi

Howdy!

I can’t stand spiders, I can’t stand centipedes.

They freak me out terribly.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Now don't be silly.

There's nothing scary in the ocean.

See...I’m fine with those. It’s what I don’t know that freaks me out. I’m a huge fish fanatic and have read up on every possible fish out there. I would be delighted to come into contact with these deepsea fishes. It the fear of not knowing what’s down there and the sheer deepness that just sends me over the ledge.

And yes, viperfish, anglerfish, and goblin sharks are quite cute as is the hatchetfish, blobfish, tripod fish, gulper eel, and dumbo octopus.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
See...I’m fine with those. It’s what I don’t know that freaks me out. I’m a huge fish fanatic and have read up on every possible fish out there. I would be delighted to come into contact with these deepsea fishes. It the fear of not knowing what’s down there and the sheer deepness that just sends me over the ledge.
Ia....

Ia....

Ia....

Rise from your dead sleep, Great Father.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ia....

Ia....

Ia....

Rise from your dead sleep, Great Father.
Yes.

You know what was kind of freaky? My family went to bed last night around 10 so I was watching some Netflix and drinking a beer when I heard a sound outside. I grabbed a knife and a flashlight and headed outside to check.

It was just an asiatic black bear rummaging through my gardening tools.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
"JUST" a bear.

:dr^_^:
It was certainly startling. I was just “ooook...your keep doing your thing and I’ll go back to Netflix...”

We get them time to time. And monkeys. This guy seemed like a juvenile and I assume he’s on his own. We have had several bear sightings with one bear chasing after one of my first grade students but was scared away by the sixth grade students. Again, a juvenile so could be the same bear.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I love getting scared, but I've been getting burnt out of horror media lately.

Because I'm at the age where I realize that the only scary thing in life are other humans.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Mario Lore?

Let's talk about how the canon Koopa species is comprised of mainly all males, with the same being said for Goombas, Boos (where they're ambiguous but apparently feminine in Japan but had male and female names in Paper Mario), and Shy Guys as well.

As far as I know only a few female Koopas and Goombas even exist, and they're all mostly in Paper Mario which is apparently somewhat of an alternate universe despite several of the things in that universe having influenced the main universe (Goomboss/King Goomba first appeared in Paper Mario).

Like, are they all gonna have the Yoshi and Toad excuse of "they're genderless and reproduce asexually"?

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Let's talk about how the canon Koopa species is comprised of mainly all males, with the same being said for Goombas, Boos (where they're ambiguous but apparently feminine in Japan but had male and female names in Paper Mario), and Shy Guys as well.
What about that girl Goomba that got a crush on Goomba!Mario?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Mario Lore?

As far as I know only a few female Koopas and Goombas even exist, and they're all mostly in Paper Mario which is apparently somewhat of an alternate universe despite several of the things in that universe having influenced the main universe (Goomboss/King Goomba first appeared in Paper Mario).

Like, are they all gonna have the Yoshi and Toad excuse of "they're genderless and reproduce asexually"?
Goombas are mushrooms, so they could reproduce asexually.

But Koopas probably need to screw, so the gender ratio sucks for them.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Mario Lore?

I mean does Pom Pom count as a female Koopa? There’s also :ultwendy:.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Adtually, I had quite the fright yesterday. This strange lady kept following me and my daughter around the supermarket. She was probably around 40, squat, overweight, and kept smiling. Not like a “I’m happy” smile but like a distant, blank smile. It all started as we were sitting on a bench eating ice cream as my wife shopper. She came up to us and stopped two feet away while looking down and smiling and not talking...even after we said hello. She even tried to pet my daughter’s hair after she got up to look at the ice cream.

She just followed us around the store with clumsily shuffle walk while smiling. Nothing else. I finally lost her but she managed to find us (and my wife) as we were leaving and stood in the doorway. Just stood there. Nothing else and smiling. Apparently, after I lost her, my wife saw her following around another family with kids.

Creepy

Shroob

Sup?
Adtually, I had quite the fright yesterday. This strange lady kept following me and my daughter around the supermarket. She was probably around 40, squat, overweight, and kept smiling. Not like a “I’m happy” smile but like a distant, blank smile. It all started as we were sitting on a bench eating ice cream as my wife shopper. She came up to us and stopped two feet away while looking down and smiling and not talking...even after we said hello. She even tried to pet my daughter’s hair after she got up to look at the ice cream.

She just followed us around the store with clumsily shuffle walk while smiling. Nothing else. I finally lost her but she managed to find us (and my wife) as we were leaving and stood in the doorway. Just stood there. Nothing else and smiling. Apparently, after I lost her, my wife saw her following around another family with kids.

Creepy
Y'all live in Japan right.

Sounds like some freaky deeky Youkai business.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Creepy
Hope someone reported her to some sort of authority, even just the supermarket staff.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Creepy
Should’ve activated your Yokai Watch, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom