• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I've always wanted a Shy Guy/Girl (which is weird cause does that mean all Shy Guys are male?) partner

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I've always wanted a Shy Guy/Girl (which is weird cause does that mean all Shy Guys are male?) partner
Depends on what his/her attacks and field abilities would be and I’m looking for partners what would be able to supply a good amount of them.

...Come to think of it, I believe I’ve considered General Guy from the first game as a potential partner.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
If we want to make the character interesting, the Shy Guy character is actually Shy but aspires to one day be a performer, and halfway through her/his arc you restore their confidence bit by bit and so it hurts when they abandon you for that Chapter's boss becauae you think they've just abandoned all their development but then they shyly announce "Um... here I am!" and then perform a flip out onto stage in a clown/jester outfit or something and they transform into somewhat of a mage-esque character.

They could use a crystal ball in a little staff they twirl around like a baton to shoot generic magic blasts that have a low chance of randomly afflicting a status ailment, have a move that you have to time just right or press buttons in the right sequence for that'll allow them to use a move that can foresee the future and have them project a shield that protects you from damage with the turns dependent on how well you did, and then of course moves for buffing and debuffing opponents kinda like Power Lift from TTYD, and finally a healing move as well.

Of course I'd love a powerhouse for my fave minion, but I quite like magic and being support classes as well since they're so invaluable.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So Pokémon is going to uncover the mystery Pokémon on their website "shortly".
Still betting on Sirfetch'd
Who uploads a pokemon trailer at 3...
We have confirmation that it'll be this Wednesday at 9 AM EST.
is
Not what I'd call "shortly"
oh damn it.

Predicting Sirfetch'd, another galarian form,

One or two new Pokemon. Maybe Impidimp finally. Yamper's evolution would be cool.

I would say starters evolutions, but unless they already have footage or prepared footage fast after the poll, then I don't think they will show up here. Probably next month though if I were to take a guess.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I just found out DCU Online still updates. I don't play that game I just found that interesting.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
If we want to make the character interesting, the Shy Guy character is actually Shy but aspires to one day be a performer, and halfway through her/his arc you restore their confidence bit by bit and so it hurts when they abandon you for that Chapter's boss becauae you think they've just abandoned all their development but then they shyly announce "Um... here I am!" and then perform a flip out onto stage in a clown/jester outfit or something and they transform into somewhat of a mage-esque character.

They could use a crystal ball in a little staff they twirl around like a baton to shoot generic magic blasts that have a low chance of randomly afflicting a status ailment, have a move that you have to time just right or press buttons in the right sequence for that'll allow them to use a move that can foresee the future and have them project a shield that protects you from damage with the turns dependent on how well you did, and then of course moves for buffing and debuffing opponents kinda like Power Lift from TTYD, and finally a healing move as well.

Of course I'd love a powerhouse for my fave minion, but I quite like magic and being support classes as well since they're so invaluable.
Only issue with that is that Noipoi and I had started discussing an actor/performer aesthetic with my Duplighost partner who aspires to be better at it switching into different forms and personas and while is good at looking the part, playing the part needs a lot more work and he/she uses that as motivation to help Peach and lend their powers of disguise to her and become better at it.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Aww, dang. I dunno. Could always change it to them straight up wanting to be a magician where the Shy Guy has to learn to be more confident and assertive since magic is a very temperamental force.

Logically this means a Peril status naturally buffs them instead of needing an item, and using one would stack onto that.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So uh,...major spoilers for the Pokemon Sun/Moon anime:

Have I gone completely ****ing delusional, or did Ash just finally win a Pokemon League...?

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Mario & Luigi weren't "born" on Yoshi's Island. They were born on wherever the storks come from :yoshi:
Ever question on how awful the Storks are at their job? Like, they get robbed, twice, never proceed to track down their attacker or their lost items, they delivered babies to the wrong house (that retcon was the dumbest thing ever), gets kidnapped twice, even though they weren't the main target, and put babies in literal danger.

Seriously, they need to be fired from their job. Get some other animal to deliver them.

Also, how did Mario survive that fall? If Mario 64 taught me anything, it's that he should be DEAD.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
So uh,...major spoilers for the Pokemon Sun/Moon anime:

Have I gone completely ****ing delusional, or did Ash just finally win a Pokemon League...?
It would be hilarious if he just woke and it was all a dream. I saw that everywhere. xD But still, even if he won after 20 or so years, I am still not fond of him. I used to when I was little. xD

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Aww, dang. I dunno. Could always change it to them straight up wanting to be a magician where the Shy Guy has to learn to be more confident and assertive since magic is a very temperamental force.

Logically this means a Peril status naturally buffs them instead of needing an item, and using one would stack onto that.
I mean if it doesn’t seem to conflict with any other character’s story then it could still work, we can work on developing some more ideas, I’ll certainly consider if there’s enough ideas for this Shy Guy to be a partner. If there’s anything that I have so far you’d like me to go into more details with, let me know and I’ll answer to the best of my ability.

Also do you have any thoughts on what their field abilities could be?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
True, but in Odyssey, even though he doesn't take damage, his animation indicates that he does injure himself from a great fall, so a infant version of him should have at least taken some damage.
You forget that SMW2: Yoshi’s Island is a 2D platformer and he never takes fall damage in those.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also Bantu is now being added to the summon pool but in 3 and 4 star.

That's the first time we've had a character just thrown in the pool out of nowhere in lower tiers. This is pretty nice to see though and I hope it continues in future.

Overall that's a great banner

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Ignore the cartoons. No, they are not canon to the game whatsoever.
Yeah but Mario‘s Time Machine said he’s from the Brooklyn, and so did the official player’s guide for Mario is Missing and Super Mario 64.

This means the Mario Bros hail from Brooklyn in all incarnations.

Found a secret warp zone while workin’ on a drain.
Give the princess a hand in the mushroom land.
Join the action with the brothers you’ll be hooked on the brothers.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Well then... I'm way late to hear the news, but that's...kind of incredible.

After Diamond and Pearl, I stopped actively following the anime, and X/Y/Z's ending largely turned me off. Started going into S/M a while ago though, and honestly? While there were some changes that I weren't thrilled about, it really seemed to be taking the show in a new direction, and I liked that. It was a solid step forward for the anime adaptation.

As annoyed as I was fully expecting him to lose yet again (which was a major reason why I wasn't too ready to get back into the anime) I still kept rooting for Ash's victory. I think Ash's character really needed a "Throw the Dog a Bone" moment after all these years, plus, a major change to the status quo was something the anime itself really needed.

Despite rarely actively following it, I've always had an appreciation Ash's character, and I actually think the fact that he finally friggin' WON is downright amazing. Kudos to the writers for finally seriously changing things up.

Congrats, Ketchum! You've more than earned this win.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Yeah but Mario‘s Time Machine said he’s from the Brooklyn, and so did the official player’s guide for Mario is Missing and Super Mario 64.

This means the Mario Bros hail from Brooklyn in all incarnations.
Nintendo didn’t make Mario’s Time Machine or Mario is Missing, so I don’t think either counts as canon.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
How would you feel if Ash as we know it leaves the anime, but the Galar anime follows AU movie Ash instead?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Would they have voice acting or would it be the same dialogue format as in the games?
Voice acting. You can’t do a movie musical with that kind of dialogue.

Honestly, I would even want that for a remake of the games. You’d be able to change it back to the classic style in settings, but i’d love to Hear these characters actually talk for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom