• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Pick a game. Any game.

Give it a new Funky mode (Funky Kong is added as an important character to the game’s plot, and you can play as him to make it easier)

How does the game change?
I don't have to worry about instant death spikes in Mega Man X. And it turns out he's actually another super secret Reploid built by Dr. Light.

Ultimate Spider-Man: Funky gets bitten by a genetically altered Spider, Thus becoming Spider-Kong the hero you never knew you needed.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'd have to go with Banjo-Kazooie: One + Tooie HD, since it would give me a chance to finally play the games if it was released on switch. Ape Escape recaptured would definitely be a close second though, loved ape escape as a kid.
Just... I have no idea about it’s exclusivity. Like, being on the switch would be nice as that’s the console many retro banjo fans own, but it would also mean that the version on the scarlet would only really apply to graphics whores.

D

Deleted member

Pick a game. Any game.

Give it a new Funky mode (Funky Kong is added as an important character to the game’s plot, and you can play as him to make it easier)

Funky Kong is added as a Donkey Kong echo fighter in Smash Ultimate.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So are you expecting the first game to be done in the same style and graphics as the other two? I don’t think you realize that Rayman would not be as easy to do the whole HD trilogy thing as easily as Crash and Spyro.
I mean, why not? We have 2D side scrollers with 3D graphics? Or they could just remake 1 in the legends/origins series and then do the 3D ones later

D

Deleted member

Ok. Which do you think should happen next?

Ape Escape Recaptured Trilogy?
Banjo-Kazooie: One + Tooie HD?
Rayman HD Remake Trilogy?
Or Croc 1 and 2 remake collection?
I only played Banjo so I'd love a remake of both games.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

Just... I have no idea about it’s exclusivity. Like, being on the switch would be nice as that’s the console many retro banjo fans own, but it would also mean that the version on the scarlet would only really apply to graphics whores.
Obviously it would be Banjo-Kazooie: Rebootie for me (not actually a reboot, but a remaster, but I like that title as it's so... Rare). And Microsoft would be crazy not to put it on the Switch--which is why the plug in Banjo & Kazooie's demo worried me. As big of a fan I am of that series, virtually nobody's buying an Xbox because of its Banjo-Kazooie exclusivity (and Japan's Xbox numbers after the plug seem to indicate that). It's not Halo (which there's still MCC rumors, so if they're true, no reason to keep BK exclusive) and almost all of the fans are with Nintendo. The Nintendo NYC reaction to the plug and exclusivity mention demonstrates that. Which is why I feel like they have something in the works, even though everything official seems to indicate not.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I mean, why not? We have 2D side scrollers with 3D graphics? Or they could just remake 1 in the legends/origins series and then do the 3D ones later
The thing is that there’s very little consistency between the games. They’re completely different in style, design, setup, difficultly, tone, mechanics, etc. Even Rayman himself doesn’t have a consistent design between the three games. It would make more sense to remaster the games individually instead of forcing consistency between them.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So once on a full moon in Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled, you'll get a message in-game askin if you want to take part of a survey.

But when I say yes nothing happen.

D

Deleted member

Guh-huh!

But I'd like a Rayman HD remake trilogy as well but definitely Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie HD remakes first.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Pick a game. Any game.

Before the start of Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Jeralt adopts Funky Kong, who acts as Byleth's brother for the remainder of the game. No matter which house you side with, Funky will remain forever loyal.

D

Deleted member

Those are the obnoxious button mashing minigames, right?
There is button mashing

And then there is Canary Mary. It is the level beyond just mashing the A button. Your finger should never leave the A button. I've never felt physical pain while playing a video game until I did her third race. Then I just walked out on her fourth race because I'd rather do literally anything else.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
There is button mashing

And then there is Canary Mary. It is the level beyond just mashing the A button. Your finger should never leave the A button. I've never felt physical pain while playing a video game until I did her third race. Then I just walked out on her fourth race because I'd rather do literally anything else.
So what could a remake do to fix this?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Before the start of Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Jeralt adopts Funky Kong, who acts as Byleth's brother for the remainder of the game. No matter which house you side with, Funky will remain forever loyal.
“I can’t believe Monica killed Jaralt...”

“Totally un-bodacious...”

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So what could a remake do to fix this?
Just....

Don't make the requirements so stringent. At least for the third race. First two races are fine.

Fourth race, don't make her AI ****ing rubberband.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I did my good deed for the day and bought my brother MHW: Iceborne since he wasn't able to. Maybe someday I'll play it for myself.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Hopefully a potential remake won’t have the Wonderwing mapped to a weird button combo this time.
It's been forever since I've played the Xbox version, so I don't remember what weird button mapping there was (all I remember was thinking this was way more complicated than before). But, in a hypothetical Threeie I came up with, I like the idea of keeping (after crouching) C-up Egg Shoot, C-down Rear Egg, C-right Wonderwing, and then for C-left add Silver Feathers which makes Banjo & Kazooie intangible, rather than invulnerable. It's always Talon Trot that was the weirdest to me for a move used so much--I'd map that to double tapping the Z button. The Xbox has equivalents to all of that, so not sure why their mapping was so weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom